Cruises

Don't know if I'm even in the right place But I hope that

Dennis is on board for my Royal Caribbean Transatlantic on

May 3, 2012 Jewels of the Seas.

We were on a Transatlantic last year from Malaga Spain to

San Juan Puerto Rico With Dennis and it was one of our best

Cruises

You're in the right place!

We don't know how much longer Dennis will be on Jewel, but someone on the April 14 sailing is going to ask him and will report back to us. So, keep an eye on the list here!!!

You're in the right place!

We don't know how much longer Dennis will be on Jewel, but someone on the April 14 sailing is going to ask him and will report back to us. So, keep an eye on the list here!!!

Maybe Trainman-2 can find out this week. I'll pop over to his thread and put in a request :D

Someone ( isdoo ) sailing at the moment on Indy has just posted on the July roll call that Joff is on the cruise now but leaves after this cruise and Keith Andrew takes over ( he thinks that's what his name is ) so looking at that it does look like Joff leaves and someone takes over on the 11 th April , haven't heard the name Keith Andrew before so not sure who he could mean by that .

That someone was me, and yes Pietro was previously on The Mariner out of Rome (CV), so he may be waiting for that opportunity to open up again.:)

Someone else posted a few pages back that Pietro is the International Host who assists the CD with international translations, and he often appears onstage with the CD. Could it be that this is the capacity in which he is working on the ship?

Or this could be the situation. He says that he is going over to Mariner in May. Perhaps he is filling in a short gap between Joff and Luke?

It looks like the CD while we will be cruising Hawaii will be Bobby ( and Becky) Brown. Is that plan similar to the John Blair ( and his wife) when we sailed with them? I don't remember reading anything about the Brown pair....Any details about them?

Quote....Enchantment OTS - John Blair *due to take a break sometime in May - Carly Boileau May and June

I LOOVED Carly on Enchantment before. I seem to recall hearing that a lot of people really liked John Blair. Thoughts?

No love no dislike... didnt even know who the cruise director was until around the 3rd day. As time went on I can say I did enjoy John Blair but cant see him standing out down the line as a fave, where as others sure will. (other lines) I just got off the 3/31 Enchantment sailing.

Does anyone know anything about Paul Rutter as a CD?? It looks like he will be our CD on our Radiance voyage to Alaska in May.

Thanks.

We had Paul Rutter on the Mariner doing a vacation fill for Kieron Buffery who is no longer with Royal Caribbean. He did not compare with Kieron who was one of the best in my opinion. Paul Rutter is definetely not among the better C.D.'s.

Does anyone know anything about Paul Rutter as a CD?? It looks like he will be our CD on our Radiance voyage to Alaska in May.

Thanks.

Had him on mariner ta in November, I really disliked him. I didn't feel he was in touch with the guests on board, I felt he was like a greasy car salesman lol. He didn't seem to care about anything he did.

Also is Rich E now being listed as CD for The Serenade

Hmmm...who is Rich E, and where did this info come from?

I have info from two people recently off Serenade who said that Leigh X. is the CD since 3/17. Would they have switched again, just two weeks later>

Someone ( isdoo ) sailing at the moment on Indy has just posted on the July roll call that Joff is on the cruise now but leaves after this cruise and Keith Andrew takes over ( he thinks that's what his name is ) so looking at that it does look like Joff leaves and someone takes over on the 11 th April , haven't heard the name Keith Andrew before so not sure who he could mean by that .

Could it be Keith Williams? I don't know who he is, but his name is on the list of CD's that I took off the old thread, and now have him listed as unassigned.

Then, I wonder what happened to Luke?

Maybe we need someone on the next sailing (after Joff actually leaves) to report back?

I'll update the full list tomorrow...too tired now! lol

Could it be Keith Williams? I don't know who he is, but his name is on the list of CD's that I took off the old thread, and now have him listed as unassigned.

Then, I wonder what happened to Luke?

Maybe we need someone on the next sailing (after Joff actually leaves) to report back?

I'll update the full list tomorrow...too tired now! lol

If we don't get any answers by then I sail on the 22nd April , back on the 2nd may so I will try and find out for certain .

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks for April and May; Ken Rush began a 2 month break sometime during the April 1st sailing and will be back in June.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *Anna Bass left for her break at the end of March (needs verification)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair *due to take a break sometime in May - Carly Boileau May and June

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton until 4/7 (according to his morning show report on last week's cruise) per Joff: Luke Aerosmith will be covering Joff's 2 month break until at least the June 2nd cruise. (needs verification) (Pietro Asilli is the International Host from 3/31 until May when he moves over to Mariner)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *verified 3/25 that he is still there. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Liberty OTS - James Andrews (need dates)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *due to take a break soon (needs verification)

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 3/25 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews as of 3/31 *Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her two month break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Serenade OTS - Leigh Xuereb *started 3/17 (need verification)

Splendour OTS - João Pereira

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Anna was supposed to leave Brilliance at the end of March. Did she take her break as scheduled and is the current CD Paul Lancaster?

Joff left Indy on 4/7. Can someone confirm the new CD (Luke? Keith?)

Is Leigh Xuerob still the CD on Serenade, or has he been replaced after just a few weeks by Rich E?

Is Mitch still on Mariner, or has he taken a break ahead of his May 7 reassignment to Majesty?

Does anyone know how much longer Dennis will be on Jewel? (or when he started?)

Is James still on Liberty? (does anyone know when he started or when he's going on break?)

Are Splendour and Vision currently correct?

Had him on mariner ta in November, I really disliked him. I didn't feel he was in touch with the guests on board, I felt he was like a greasy car salesman lol. He didn't seem to care about anything he did.

The feeling is mutual. I didn't want to be this strong on my post.

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Dennis started Feb 13 (source is the previous closed CD thread). I'll ask him when he's leaving when I see him next weekend.

Anna was supposed to leave Brilliance at the end of March. Did she take her break as scheduled and is the current CD Paul Lancaster?

Is Leigh Xuerob still the CD on Serenade, or has he been replaced after just a few weeks by Rich E?

Is Mitch still on Mariner, or has he taken a break ahead of his May 7 reassignment to Majesty?

Is James still on Liberty? (does anyone know when he started or when he's going on break?)

I'll be on SR 4/21, so can update you then if this is still an open question.

Re JW - I checked my email from Carly - she signed off on Feb 13. I sailed on Feb 18 and can confirm that Dennis did arrive when Carly left.

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks for April and May; Ken Rush began a 2 month break sometime during the April 1st sailing and will be back in June.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *Anna Bass left for her break at the end of March (needs verification)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair *due to take a break sometime in May - Carly Boileau May and June

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton until 4/7 (according to his morning show report on last week's cruise) per Joff: Luke Aerosmith will be covering Joff's 2 month break until at least the June 2nd cruise. (needs verification) (Pietro Asilli is the International Host from 3/31 until May when he moves over to Mariner)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *Started 2/13; verified 3/25 that he is still there. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Liberty OTS - James Andrews (need dates)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *due to take a break soon (needs verification)

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 3/25 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews as of 3/31 *Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her two month break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Serenade OTS - Leigh Xuereb *started 3/17 (need verification)

Splendour OTS - João Pereira

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Archived