Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks for April and May; Ken Rush began a 2 month break sometime during the April 1st sailing and will be back in June.

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass *leaving sometime in March* Paul Lancaster is thought to be the next CD

Enchantment OTS - John Blair *due to take a break sometime in May - Carly Boileau May and June

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton until 4/7 (according to his morning show report on last week's cruise) per Joff: Luke Aerosmith will be covering Joff's 2 month break until at least the June 2nd cruise. (there is unconfirmed info that Pietro Asilli might be the covering CD, however the source for Joff/Luke is the most reliable we have at this time)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *verified 3/25 that he is still there. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Liberty OTS - James Andrews

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *due to take a break soon

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 3/25 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert left on 3/31 and will be returning in late June. Ricky Mathews is thought to be the current CD, but still awaiting confirmation.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Serenade OTS - Leigh Xuereb *started 3/17

Splendour OTS - João Pereira

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Not scheduled at the moment:

Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams

Future assignments are listed for:

Gordon Whatman, Luke Aerosmith, Carly Boileau, Marc Walker, Paul Rutter, Paul Lancaster, Ken Rush

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Amy left Oasis on 3/31. Who is the currect CD (is it Ricky Matthews?)?

Ken left Allure during the 4/1 sailing. Who is the current CD (is it Allan Brooks?)?

Did Anna leave Brilliance (due end of March), and is the current CD Paul Lancaster?

Are Splendour and Vision currently correct?

We also need someone on the next Indy cruise to confirm that Joff left on 4/7, and let us know who replaced him.

I can confirm that Paul Lancaster is taking over as CD on the Brilliance, so has anyone any info on him and what he is like, thanks.

Do you know when the switch is occuring, because someone who returned last weekend said that Anna was still the CD?

OK, I'm going to go with ctcontrol's information, since you provided a reliable source that Joff is leaving on April 7th. I'm also going to go back to the original info we had regarding Luke Aerosmith being Joff's replacement, because that info was reported to come directly from Joff. And, the math adds up perfectly with this info. (Graham is currently on Freedom and James is on Liberty, so they cannot be the replacements.) Thanks so much for helping to clear up our confusion!

Looking at the posting history, it doesn't even appear that davila was on the Indy recently. If davila can provide a reliable source regarding Pietro, or someone else can step in a give a solid confirmation, I'm going to have to put this info on the back burner. Cpuld it be that Pietro was working on the CD or activities staff instead?

here is his facebook what he wrote

Pietro Asilli

Independence Of The Seas here I come...

LikeUnlike · · March 29 at 8:06pm ·

Pietro Asilli

From the sounds of that if Pietro is going on Indy it won't be for long.

Edit: Maybe the situation is that Pietro has taken over from Joff for a few weeks until Luke can take over until June.

Pietro Asilli

Thanks for posting this...his FB page is surely a very reliable source.

However, he does NOT say that he is going to be the Cruise Director on Indy. Just that he is going to be working on the ship.

Someone else posted a few pages back that Pietro is the International Host who assists the CD with international translations, and he often appears onstage with the CD. Could it be that this is the capacity in which he is working on the ship?

From the sounds of that if Pietro is going on Indy it won't be for long.

Edit: Maybe the situation is that Pietro has taken over from Joff for a few weeks until Luke can take over until June.

Or this could be the situation. He says that he is going over to Mariner in May. Perhaps he is filling in a short gap between Joff and Luke?

Thanks for posting this...his FB page is surely a very reliable source.

However, he does NOT say that he is going to be the Cruise Director on Indy. Just that he is going to be working on the ship.

Someone else posted a few pages back that Pietro is the International Host who assists the CD with international translations, and he often appears onstage with the CD. Could it be that this is the capacity in which he is working on the ship?

sorry for the wrong info i always thought he was a CD so that means he will be helping joff then

sorry for the wrong info i always thought he was a CD so that means he will be helping joff then

It's really no problem...it was just a fun mystery that we all solved together!

I still appreciate your posting the info in the first place. It's the only way to figure out these things!

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks for April and May; Ken Rush began a 2 month break sometime during the April 1st sailing and will be back in June.

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass *leaving sometime in March* Paul Lancaster is thought to be the next CD

Enchantment OTS - John Blair *due to take a break sometime in May - Carly Boileau May and June

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton until 4/7 (according to his morning show report on last week's cruise) per Joff: Luke Aerosmith will be covering Joff's 2 month break until at least the June 2nd cruise. (Pietro Asilli is the International Host from 3/31 until May when he moves over to Mariner)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *verified 3/25 that he is still there. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Liberty OTS - James Andrews

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *due to take a break soon

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 3/25 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert left on 3/31 and will be returning in late June. Ricky Mathews is thought to be the current CD, but still awaiting confirmation.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Serenade OTS - Leigh Xuereb *started 3/17

Splendour OTS - João Pereira

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Not scheduled at the moment:

Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams

Future assignments are listed for:

Gordon Whatman, Luke Aerosmith, Carly Boileau, Marc Walker, Paul Rutter, Paul Lancaster, Ken Rush

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Amy left Oasis on 3/31. Is Ricky Matthews the current CD?

Ken left Allure during the 4/1 sailing. Is Allan Brooks the current CD?

Anna was supposed to leave Brilliance at the end of March? Did she take her break as scheduled and is the current CD Paul Lancaster?

This weekend, can someone confirm that Joff left Indy as scheduled on 4/7, and that Luke Aerosmith is the next CD?

Are Splendour and Vision currently correct?

I heard from RCI that Dennis will still be on the Jewel for my cruise on 4/14. I'll remember to ask him how much longer he'll be there, where he's going next, and who will replace him.

Maybe I should write this down :confused: :p

I heard from RCI that Dennis will still be on the Jewel for my cruise on 4/14. I'll remember to ask him how much longer he'll be there, where he's going next, and who will replace him.

Maybe I should write this down :confused: :p

I love Dennis! My favorite CD, so far!

I love Dennis! My favorite CD, so far!

Mine too. I'm looking forward to another awesome Quest. My face and sides hurt from laughing so hard at the one he did on my Serenade cruise. I didn't even participate, I just like to watch :D

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton until 4/7 (according to his morning show report on last week's cruise) per Joff: Luke Aerosmith will be covering Joff's 2 month break until at least the June 2nd cruise. (Pietro Asilli is the International Host from 3/31 until May when he moves over to mariner

The plot thickens ,If Joff leaves the ship 4/7 we are assuming that Luke will take over as CD , so why on earth would they put Pietro , who is an international host , on a sailing that is predominantly full of British passengers ?, hopefully the person who is now sailing on the IOS and is going to try and find out will come back with some info that will clear this up .

Do you know when the switch is occuring, because someone who returned last weekend said that Anna was still the CD?

No idea when switch happens just had info that he will be CD for 26th May Cruise, still no info on him:confused:.

The plot thickens ,If Joff leaves the ship 4/7 we are assuming that Luke will take over as CD , so why on earth would they put Pietro , who is an international host , on a sailing that is predominantly full of British passengers ?, hopefully the person who is now sailing on the IOS and is going to try and find out will come back with some info that will clear this up .

He just may need placement until Mariner arrives in Rome, so he joined Indy as part of the activity staff???

You're right, we'll have to wait until current cruisers return, and those return from the 4/7 cruise, before we have full confirmation of the CD situation on Indy.

No idea when switch happens just had info that he will be CD for 26th May Cruise, still no info on him:confused:.

I posted over on the Brilliance roll call threads for this week and next week requesting that someone report back to us after their cruise. Maybe we'll get some info then!

Does anyone know when Marc Walker will be going to the Monarch? We are considering going at the end of May but would like to know whether Drew Devine will be replaced by Marc Walker by then.

Since Marc is on paternity leave since 3/17 (someone posted that Marc's wife Lily was due around 3/23), it's hard to know how long he'll be out.

My guess would be that Marc's break is two months long, because that's what the typical break is.

Also, if Drew is going to Freedom for July and August, he should be going on break sometime in May (so he gets the typical two month break between assignments.)

There's no official info, so it's all a big puzzle that we have to fit the pieces together to figure out. lol

We are sailing on Majesty of the Sea on May 14 - 18. We heard that the new cruise director is Mitch Merucci. We haven't heard about him. We know some people don't care who the cruise director is, but we always get a kick out of them. Any thoughts on this one? We would appreciate it. Thanks.

We are sailing on Majesty of the Sea on May 14 - 18. We heard that the new cruise director is Mitch Merucci. We haven't heard about him. We know some people don't care who the cruise director is, but we always get a kick out of them. Any thoughts on this one? We would appreciate it. Thanks.

We had Mitch on the Mariner instead of Kieron Buffery who is no longer with Royal Caribbean after Kieron was left go. Mitch is O.K. - inexperienced tries hard - nothing great nothing bad - not in a class with Kieron or their top C.D.'s.

Archived