Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Does anyone know who will be on the Allure at the end of August?

LOL...we don't even know for sure who is on Allure now! :)

Maybe Allan Brooks. (Ken Rush started his break this past weekend, and usually takes 2 months, and then usually comes back for 4 months, which brings us to mid-August. Allan Brooks usually covers Ken's break. But, this is just projection, because anything could change. There's been a lot of movement of CD's from their regular ships lately, as well as contracts that are not exactly 4 months on and 2 months off))

LOL...we don't even know for sure who is on Allure now! :)

Maybe Allan Brooks. (Ken Rush started his break this past weekend, and usually takes 2 months, and then usually comes back for 4 months, which brings us to mid-August. Allan Brooks usually covers Ken's break. But, this is just projection, because anything could change. There's been a lot of movement of CD's from their regular ships lately, as well as contracts that are not exactly 4 months on and 2 months off))

lol

Ok, guess I will just have to wait :D

Donna I hate to be a...but do you know if Amy is returning on May 25th?:eek:

Not for sure, but we haven't heard anything to the contrary, so it's very likely.

If you want, you can post a message on the roll call for Saturday's sailing and ask if anyone will find out from Amy if she expects to return to Oasis after her break, and post what they find out here.

Not for sure, but we haven't heard anything to the contrary, so it's very likely.

If you want, you can post a message on the roll call for Saturday's sailing and ask if anyone will find out from Amy if she expects to return to Oasis after her break, and post what they find out here.

I have asked for every cruise through the middle of March. I think ppl forget to ask when they get on cruise.

I am almost positive that I saw Allan Brooks (in his tuxedo of course)hosting the Belly Flop contest on the Allure WebCam at 1:30pm today.

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until sometime in April) Clo O'Connor will be covering the break (April through July, exact dates unknown at this time) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24

Brilliance OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started January 26 (until when?)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14 (until when?) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14. Richard Spacey is replacing Graham Seymour as the regular CD on Freedom beginning April 14, (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (April 21?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until sometime in March, returning end of May through early September (exact dates? Who will be filling in for Joff from March through May?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) starts Jan 5 until March 21, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March 21 through July, and back again in Sept).

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend beginning Feb 6 until he moves to Grandeur on April 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th. Rich Edwards should be returning from his break on April 8.

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started Nov 22 until March 4, then Dave Chapman

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo Jan 19 until March 30 then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 to May 25

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11. Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a one week overlap)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Ken Jones

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season.

Donna fyi, I emailed Amy Fickert regarding her Aqua Zumba class on Oasis and she informed me that she wont be returning from her break until June 1. I didn't ask her about Ricky's last day as I decided to just live in the moment and enjoy the fact that I will be on a cruise. Oh and for anyone that's interested, she did inform me that in her absence another staff member conducts the Zumba class.:)

Donna fyi, I emailed Amy Fickert regarding her Aqua Zumba class on Oasis and she informed me that she wont be returning from her break until June 1. I didn't ask her about Ricky's last day as I decided to just live in the moment and enjoy the fact that I will be on a cruise. Oh and for anyone that's interested, she did inform me that in her absence another staff member conducts the Zumba class.:)

Ricky's contract must have been extended until June 1 then. Or, the activities manager may be stepping up to cover as CD for that week only.

Thanks for the info!

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until sometime in April) Clo O'Connor will be covering the break (April through July, exact dates unknown at this time) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14 (until when?) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14. Richard Spacey is replacing Graham Seymour as the regular CD on Freedom beginning April 14, (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (April 21?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until sometime in March, returning end of May through early September (exact dates? Who will be filling in for Joff from March through May?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) starts Jan 5 until March 21, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March 21 through July, and back again in Sept).

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend beginning Feb 6 until he moves to Grandeur on April 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th. Rich Edwards should be returning from his break on April 8.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo Jan 19 until March 30 then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30. Ricky Matthews starts March 30. Amy plans to return from her break on June 1

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11. Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a one week overlap)

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season.

FYI I emailed RC to ask who the CD would be on my Allure May 12th sailing and they replied it would be Ken Rush. Kinda bummed that Allan Brooks won't be there at that time!! :( How is Ken as a director?

Those emails from RCI are usually inaccurate, but this one seems correct. Ken usually does 4 month contracts on Allure, followed by 2 months off, and Allan usually covers Ken's breaks. If they continue in this pattern, then Ken should be back about mid-to-late April.

I found this on another thread.

Does anyone know what happened to James Andrews? He was scheduled to be on Serenade for a usual long contract beginning Jan 28, but was replaced by Paul Rutter after just 2 weeks on February 11.

Does anyone know if the cruise director James Andrews has left RCI. :(

His twitter blog was thanking RCI for an amazing 13 years.

James was one of the best cruise directors we have ever had.

I do hope he hasn't left.

I thought I would ask my friends on CC. If they knew anything.

I found this on another thread.

Does anyone know what happened to James Andrews? He was scheduled to be on Serenade for a usual long contract beginning Jan 28, but was replaced by Paul Rutter after just 2 weeks on February 11.

Oh my, I really liked James.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30. Ricky Matthews starts March 30. Amy plans to return from her break on June 1

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until March 16 and returns May 26 through early September (Who will be filling in for Joff from March 16 through May 26?)

Hi Donna got some updates for you on Ricky Matthews,Ricky will be going on the sereande on july 30 til sep 16 and then back to the OA on sep 21 to november 23

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until March 16 and returns May 26 through early September (Who will be filling in for Joff from March 16 through May 26?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Ken Jones April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season.[/

This is a great thread and I hope it get updated through the next several months. We have been on several RCI cruises and have really appreciated and enjoyed our cruise directors; however, there have been a few that have really "annoyed" us, but we they are not what makes or breaks our vacation...................

Archived