Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Adventure?

I can't think of a female CD who would be ranked second. The top five or higher are all males.

Just speculating, but could it be Clo O'Connor coming back for a short contract to fill in between Anthony and Drew?

She also said this person was likened to Megan Mullaly who played Karen on Will and Grace. Kinda a high pitch voice.

Would that be Clo?

She also said this person was likened to Megan Mullaly who played Karen on Will and Grace. Kinda a high pitch voice.

Would that be Clo?

I only know Clo by name and reputation, since I've been maintaining this list. I've never sailed with her.

Where did she get this info from?

Ken Rush is on vacation starting 2/24. We had him on the Allure last week - glad we had him before vaca. Excellent job!

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until when?) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started January 13 until 2/24. (who is the current CD?)

Brilliance OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started January 26 (until when?)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14 (until when?) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14. Richard Spacey is replacing Graham Seymour as the regular CD on Freedom beginning April 14, (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (April 21?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until sometime in March, returning end of May through early September (exact dates? Who will be filling in for Joff from March through May?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) starts Jan 5 until March 21, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March 21 through July, and back again in Sept).

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend beginning Feb 6 until he moves to Grandeur on April 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th. Rich Edwards should be returning from his break on April 8.

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started Nov 22 until March 4, then Dave Chapman

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo Jan 19 until March 30 then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 to May 25

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11. Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a one week overlap)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Ken Jones

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season.

Would that be Clo?

Was on AOS 2 weeks ago and Anthony told me Clo would be replacing him in April unitl the full replacement comes aboard. I just happened to ask him what happened to her as I would love to cruise with her again.

Was on AOS 2 weeks ago and Anthony told me Clo would be replacing him in April unitl the full replacement comes aboard. I just happened to ask him what happened to her as I would love to cruise with her again.

If Anthony said it was Clo than that is who it is. Doesn't really matter to me, I'll just be glad to be there.

Thanks for carifying it for me though.

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until sometime in April) Clo O'Connor will be covering the break (April through July, exact dates unknown at this time) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14 (until when?) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14. Richard Spacey is replacing Graham Seymour as the regular CD on Freedom beginning April 14, (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (April 21?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until sometime in March, returning end of May through early September (exact dates? Who will be filling in for Joff from March through May?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) starts Jan 5 until March 21, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March 21 through July, and back again in Sept).

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend beginning Feb 6 until he moves to Grandeur on April 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th. Rich Edwards should be returning from his break on April 8.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo Jan 19 until March 30 then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 to May 25

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Ricky Matthews January 7 through March 11. Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a one week overlap)

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season.

The rumor about John Blair is that he does not want to work the 3 & 4 day cruises aboard the Enchantment once she transfers to Port Canaveral to replace Monarch, so I guess its possible or moving on to another ship.

Smitty

most of the staff doesn't want to do the 3 & 4 nt cruises. I hope they change their mind on this. Longest cruise sailing out of Baltimore will only be 10 nts now on Grandeur

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until sometime in April) Clo O'Connor will be covering the break (April through July, exact dates unknown at this time) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Hi Donna, any idea as to how long Richard Spacey will be on the Freedom of the Seas? We are booked for a May 26, 2013 cruise. Would love it if he's still on board. He was so wonderful on the cruise we both sailed on May 2012. Thanks, Anne

most of the staff doesn't want to do the 3 & 4 nt cruises. I hope they change their mind on this. Longest cruise sailing out of Baltimore will only be 10 nts now on Grandeur

I'm going to be on the Enchantment leaving Port Canaveral on May 10th. Absolutely LOVE Marc Walker as a CD, but unfortunately he won't be with us at that time. Wonder what it is about the short sailings that the employees dislike? Geeesh...should I be offended? LOL :eek:

I'm going to be on the Enchantment leaving Port Canaveral on May 10th. Absolutely LOVE Marc Walker as a CD, but unfortunately he won't be with us at that time. Wonder what it is about the short sailings that the employees dislike? Geeesh...should I be offended? LOL :eek:

the 3/4 night cruises (booze cruise) are full of people just wanting to relax. So they only pack the bare necessities and never show up in the main dining room. They eat all their meals in WJ/Sorrentos/room service. Wait staff can't collect tips from an empty chair!

Here you go! Current info directly from Ricky:

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 to May 25

OMG! So Ricky's last day on Oasis will be May 25th or will that be his last sailing, May 25-Jun 1? I really need Ricky on my sailing.

April 21 is the TransAtlantic crossing for the Mariner ending in Barcelona on May 6. It sounds like Gordon is starting on this TA crossing instead of starting in Barcelona. Not sure where Steve is going. Maybe I can ask him on my March 31 Mariner. I know from Barcelona the Mariner goes to Dubai, then to Singagpore for round-trip sailings through at least next March.

the 3/4 night cruises (booze cruise) are full of people just wanting to relax. So they only pack the bare necessities and never show up in the main dining room. They eat all their meals in WJ/Sorrentos/room service. Wait staff can't collect tips from an empty chair!

That has never been true in my experience. The MDR on Monarch was always full when we sailed her out of LA. But they do have to deal with more people who are likely to be staggering into the dining room, unable to articulate what they want for dinner and blissfully unaware of tipping protocol.:p

And the bar crew LOVED the 3/4 nighters. At least until the drink package was introduced. I've been told by a few that the "included gratuity" of the package isn't actually distributed to them, which I'm hoping is false. Otherwise RCI has just increased their work by a lot (my observation on JOTS last week) while cutting their pay.

OMG! So Ricky's last day on Oasis will be May 25th or will that be his last sailing, May 25-Jun 1? I really need Ricky on my sailing.

Sorry to say that this info usually means that the date is his last day, not the start date of his last sailing. So, his break starts May 25.

April 21 is the TransAtlantic crossing for the Mariner ending in Barcelona on May 6. It sounds like Gordon is starting on this TA crossing instead of starting in Barcelona. Not sure where Steve is going. Maybe I can ask him on my March 31 Mariner. I know from Barcelona the Mariner goes to Dubai, then to Singagpore for round-trip sailings through at least next March.

It's confusing because someone reported that Steve confirmed his last day as May 6, and someone else reported that Gordon's first day is April 21. So, which is the accurate info? Sometimes, there is an overlap to provide a smooth transition, especially on repositioning cruises.

I'm going to leave the info on the chart until someone confirms with either Steve or Gordon that there won't be an overlap and Steve's last day has changed.

Hi Donna, any idea as to how long Richard Spacey will be on the Freedom of the Seas? We are booked for a May 26, 2013 cruise. Would love it if he's still on board. He was so wonderful on the cruise we both sailed on May 2012. Thanks, Anne

Richard's contracts are usually 4 months long, followed by a 2 month break. So, if he started on EX on February 1st, and moved straight to FR without a break, then his current contract should be ending around June 1, give or take a week or so.

Maybe someone can confirm the exact day with Richard?

We LOVED Leigh on the Explorer last summer. Does anyone know if his contracts are for 4 months on with 2 months off? This list shows that he comes back on April 7th. We cruise on June 27 and I would LOVE to have him as a cruise director again.

We LOVED Leigh on the Explorer last summer. Does anyone know if his contracts are for 4 months on with 2 months off? This list shows that he comes back on April 7th. We cruise on June 27 and I would LOVE to have him as a cruise director again.

It's hard to say...Leigh's contracts have not really fit the usual 4 on/2 off because he wasn't a "regular" CD until now. (He was activities manager, who moved up to CD to fill in and cover breaks a few times, and has only been "promoted" to regular CD of EX in January). His last couple of contracts have been longer (like 6-8 months) followed by short breaks (like 2-3 weeks)

It's a good guess that he'll be "on" for at least 4 months once he returns.

But if the rumor recently posted is true, that Marc is moving to EX regularly, (implying more than the fill-in for Leigh's breaks), then who knows?

BTW: I also LOVE Leigh! (I thought he was even better than Richard Spacey!)

Thanks for the response Donna. Last summer he was paired up with either the assistant cruise director/activities director who I believe was Frank. The were fantastic together and we all looked forward to watching their morning show because they were so entertaining. I'll keep watching this thread to see if there are any updates on his schedule.

Archived