decent hotel near pier at ft.lauderdale with free parking while out at cruise

the col.

I am sure this question has been asked and answered-- too many times--but please someone with 1st hand knowledge give me some advice as to a decent hotel-fair price-free/safe parking that provides a free ride to the peir--thanks very much--

We usually book LaQuinta Hollywood precruise for safe free parking and shuttle to port. Unfortunately they do not pick up after cruise, so a taxi is needed.

I've also heard Embassy Suites near the port is a good choice. Probably a little more upscale than LaQ.

Bequia will have all the answers: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1047788

Parking is free with one night's stay. Most offer complimentary buffet breakfast and shuttle to port. LaQ doesn't pick up from port, so factor in $35-$40 for taxi back to get your car after cruise.

Reasonable is a subjective term and the rates depend on your date.

Google or call hotels. Rates probably better online. Also check out 123stay.com and parksleepcruise.com

I am sure this question has been asked and answered-- too many times--but please someone with 1st hand knowledge give me some advice as to a decent hotel-fair price-free/safe parking that provides a free ride to the peir--thanks very much--

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are good resources for identifying hotels offering cruise parking packages. Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...
Parking is free with one night's stay. Most offer complimentary buffet breakfast and shuttle to port. LaQ doesn't pick up from port, so factor in $35-$40 for taxi back to get your car after cruise.

Reasonable is a subjective term and the rates depend on your date.

Google or call hotels. Rates probably better online. Also check out 123stay.com and parksleepcruise.com

La Quinta does pick up from the port. When you check in and sign up for the transportation to the port (free), sometimes "All Star" is there and you prepay for the return trip. If they are not there in the afternoon, the morning of the cruise they will be there. The cost has gone up to $15 a person. We just came off a two week cruise, and when we got off the ship they were there waiting. You call when you get your bags.

We are using the Fairfield, FLL airport because La Quinta would not allow us to park for more than 14 nights. The Fairfield will allow 30nights.

We just dia a b2b spring break, and we stayed at the La Quinta on Sterling Rd. They let us park 14 days, no problem. Never have had a problem. Once we did 3 weeks. Very accommdating to us.

Archived