30 bucks

INTERLINER13

When interested in booking a cruise does anyone wait around, checking prices daily for the rate to come down before booking? I always find myself setting a price, and watching it. If it hits the price im happy with, I pounce on it. If it doesnt reach that price o well.

Im interested in doing the Glory out of Boston this summer. The rate right now is 229 for 4 nights for most of the sailings, execpt the 1st one that is 199pp. Granted the 199 is a Sun to Thurs sailing, and the other are Thurs to Monday. Im hoping one of the Thurs-Mon sailing will reach 199, im not picky on the actual date.

I generally just book it as soon as we know what we want and when we have the deposit put by. We typically are booking over a year ahead of time. I do like Eary Saver because if the price does come down I can still get it, but so far our category and two categories above ours have sold out and the price has gone up $100 or so.

The cruise I recently booked was the most expensive out of the 5 cruises we had zero'ed in on.

WE'll have to cut back for the year on a few things, but it was what we wanted.

An 8 day cruise, New Ship ( Breeze) and 4 ports we have not been to.....

An Aft Balcony for the wife & I and an interior for the teens.

So to answer your question, no, $30.00 would not...

But I will check for price drops every day until the cruise:D

Well 60 bucks total. Boston is convient, but I dont mind other ports either.

It sure is and I just found out that CCL does 4 and 5 day cruises from there in June and July:D. Sounds like just the thing when the kids get out of school we get out of dodge for a few days for some "us" time.

It sure is and I just found out that CCL does 4 and 5 day cruises from there in June and July:D. Sounds like just the thing when the kids get out of school we get out of dodge for a few days for some "us" time.

You thinking of booking it?

You thinking of booking it?

Not for this year, but it's on the agenda down the road (I just hope they keep offering them). Actually it may be a graduation present next year, since we've gone and hooked everyone in the family on cruising:).

My husband watches prices does that. He checks multiple times a day most days (I think it's all part of the anticipation for him). We keep our eye on a couple of cruises, and when it comes down enough (or we decide to just go ahead and bite the bullet) we book. Right now we're looking at the Miracle or the Victory in June. The Victory has come down some, but unfortunately, the difference in airfare still makes it more expensive.

When interested in booking a cruise does anyone wait around, checking prices daily for the rate to come down before booking? I always find myself setting a price, and watching it. If it hits the price im happy with, I pounce on it. If it doesnt reach that price o well.

Im interested in doing the Glory out of Boston this summer. The rate right now is 229 for 4 nights for most of the sailings, execpt the 1st one that is 199pp. Granted the 199 is a Sun to Thurs sailing, and the other are Thurs to Monday. Im hoping one of the Thurs-Mon sailing will reach 199, im not picky on the actual date.

60 bucks is money in your pocket. If you don't care, why not book the $199 one?

I love that Carnival is sailing from Boston now! I hope the itineraries expand over time! 45 minute drive to the port on day of embarkation sounds heavenly :)

60 bucks is money in your pocket. If you don't care, why not book the $199 one?

I love that Carnival is sailing from Boston now! I hope the itineraries expand over time! 45 minute drive to the port on day of embarkation sounds heavenly :)

I would if it wasnt a sun-thurs sailing. Im assuming thats why there is a price difference. It is great there sailing from Boston, im about 15-20 mins from the port.

I would if it wasnt a sun-thurs sailing. Im assuming thats why there is a price difference. It is great there sailing from Boston, im about 15-20 mins from the port.

Oh duh - I missed that detail! Sorry!

15 mins - lucky dog ;)

$30 would not sway me.

Me either! When considering what is spent $30 is nothing. You won't even notice that $30 in the long run!

We do spend quite a bit of time looking at cruises and trying to decide what ship and what itinerary we want. I would be lying if I say we don't look at prices, but I wouldn't let a small amount change my mind.

Archived