Carnival Magic review with pictures!!!

stacycakes1

Stacy,

Your review of your cruise was fabulous and so helpful to us that are in the planning stage. There are 4 of us going on the 12day cruise next Sept. on Carnival Sunshine. We have read each and every word of your hints and have documented so many helpful hints. One question we have is the purchase of the Euros. Did you get a large amount before leaving the states or did you purchase them from different banks in the various ports? We are doing 3 of the RIL tours and know that we will be needing Euros to pay for most everything while in the ports. Any hints you can give on obtaining and using the Euros will be helpful. I have sent a "friend" request if you see one on your site. Thanks for all of your help.

How many Euros do you feel are adequate? You can email me at:janpdel@comcast.net

I sent you some stuff via email:)

Hi Stacy,

I haven't been on your post in quite some time. Because of your review & the great things you shared about RIL, our roll call (Carnival Sunshine, May 17, 2013) have 3 tours booked. There will 8 of us. We are doing Florence/Pisa; Rome & Naples with RIL with tours similar to your tours. We will be in Florence on a Monday & will not do the museums due to their being closed but RIL has assured us we will still have a fantastic time & has added other Tuscany stops. We have also reserved a guide for the Vatican. Thank you again. Everybody on our roll call has read your review & it was very helpful. Thank you again!!

Joanne

After spending a little more time downtown we realized we were exhausted! So we decided to catch the 4:00pm shuttle back to the hotel. We realized there was a wait for this and waited in line for our turn. When it was time to board we had our first, and only, experience with a rude person. The gentlemen that was rude was an American. As we were about to get on the shuttle he yelled "excuse me" and then cut me and my DH off and ushered his family on before us and took up the last seats available (he actually cut quite a few people waiting in line too). He turned to us and said we have kids so we get to go first. To be honest, if he had just asked I would have gladly waited and let them go ahead of us because I understand how hard it can sometimes be with tired kids, but the way he did it was SO rude. Then he said to me, oh sorry you're pregnant and have to wait!!!!! By the way, I am NOT pregnant and you just cut us in line and made us wait an hour for the next shuttle!

Anyway, we just went and got gelatos and sat on the curb to wait for the next shuttle but it really did kind of get to me how rude that man was and then I kept thinking about why he thought I looked pregnant (I still don't get it, you've seen pics of me)???

Paul kept reassuring me I looked great and to not let one person ruin my day and he was so right! We finally got on the next shuttle and were so ready to just go to our room and watch a movie in bed. And that is exactly what we did. I think we watched two that evening and we also ordered room service. It was so nice to just lie around and sleep. We felt bad later for missing the opportunity to explore more of Barcelona but that night was MUCH needed.

The next morning we would be leaving to go back homeL

Late to this review, but absolutely enjoyed every minute of it.

Stacy, I wanted to let you know that you are the furthest thing from pregnant, or fat, or whatever...I kept thinking, throughout this review, that your husband is a very lucky man. You are absolutely stunning. The two of you make a fantastic looking couple.

I know its late in saying this, but there are rude people everywhere, ignore them and move on.

Thank you for a fantastic review. I think you have convinced me to take a European cruise for our next adventure.

Edited by EnTnSA

Hi Stacy,

I haven't been on your post in quite some time. Because of your review & the great things you shared about RIL, our roll call (Carnival Sunshine, May 17, 2013) have 3 tours booked. There will 8 of us. We are doing Florence/Pisa; Rome & Naples with RIL with tours similar to your tours. We will be in Florence on a Monday & will not do the museums due to their being closed but RIL has assured us we will still have a fantastic time & has added other Tuscany stops. We have also reserved a guide for the Vatican. Thank you again. Everybody on our roll call has read your review & it was very helpful. Thank you again!!

Joanne

Joanne,

So glad to hear you have been able to get yourself all set for your trip! You will have a fantastic time I'm sure:)

My parents just did this trip as well and used RIL and they were as great as when we used them.

Hope you have the best of times!

Late to this review, but absolutely enjoyed every minute of it.

Stacy, I wanted to let you know that you are the furthest thing from pregnant, or fat, or whatever...I kept thinking, throughout this review, that your husband is a very lucky man. You are absolutely stunning. The two of you make a fantastic looking couple.

I know its late in saying this, but there are rude people everywhere, ignore them and move on.

Thank you for a fantastic review. I think you have convinced me to take a European cruise for our next adventure.

You should! The prices are great right now and a trip like this is once in a lifetime, go for it!!!!

And thank you, I will continiue to be the glass half full girl that I am:)

your review is exceptional!! we are planning for 2014 for our 44th...a week in paris and 12-14 day cruise...we will be just as excited as you newlyweds. wishing you a lifetime of laughter...

A little jealous of your week in Paris! Would love to spend more time there. Have a great trip and thank you!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been receiving MANY emails from all of you with questions about your upcoming Med cruises and just want to say, KEEP THEM COMING! I'm loving this new found hobby of mine helping others plan their vacations and may even think about incorporating travel planning into the event planning I already do.

Thank you all to your very kind comments and I am so glad I could help you all out with your trips too!

• 2 weeks later...

Stacey!

I originally emailed with you back in May after I read your review. Like many others, seeing your review inspired me and made me feel like this was a trip I could make happen.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary on the Liberty of the Seas in April! We will be starting with 3 nights in London and 3 nights in Paris. The cruise itself is only 5 nights with stops in Nice, Rome and Livorno.

We are so excited and I just wanted to thank you again. I am not going to lie, I still get overwhelmed when planning ... Thanks for all your advice and attachments !

Stacey!

I originally emailed with you back in May after I read your review. Like many others, seeing your review inspired me and made me feel like this was a trip I could make happen.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary on the Liberty of the Seas in April! We will be starting with 3 nights in London and 3 nights in Paris. The cruise itself is only 5 nights with stops in Nice, Rome and Livorno.

We are so excited and I just wanted to thank you again. I am not going to lie, I still get overwhelmed when planning ... Thanks for all your advice and attachments !

It can feel overwhelming but you will have the time of your life and it is totally worth it! Here is my email address, if you want to email me I can reply with some more documents that I created to make planning a trip like this easier and organized. Just email me and I will send them: stacyanngregorski at gmail dot com.

Happy planning!!!

Only 14 more days until my next cruise!!!! I cannot wait:) I plan on doing a full review again, even though this trip will not have the exciting stops we had on our honeymoon. I will try to make it a fun read and it will inlcude all of my friends that are joining us on the trip.

I really can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the amazing review! I am planning to take a trip with an almost identical itinerary and you look like you had an amazing time!

You have convinced me that I NEED to book with Rome in Limo and I just hope that I will be able to find great tour-mates like you did :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am going on a Mediterranean cruise on Carnival in July and you have convinced me to book tours with Rome in Limo. Your post is one, if not, the best review I have found on the Internet. I loved all your photos.

By the way, I am Asian and do not feel insulted by the comment you made. There were simply "tourists" who were "Asian" in the museum. It's funny how some people are quickly offended by such things in regards to nationalities they are totally unaware of.

People, RELAX, describing someone as Asian is O.K!

(The Asian woman steps off her soapbox)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

I am going on a Mediterranean cruise on Carnival in July and you have convinced me to book tours with Rome in Limo. Your post is one, if not, the best review I have found on the Internet. I loved all your photos.

By the way, I am Asian and do not feel insulted by the comment you made. There were simply "tourists" who were "Asian" in the museum. It's funny how some people are quickly offended by such things in regards to nationalities they are totally unaware of.

People, RELAX, describing someone as Asian is O.K!

(The Asian woman steps off her soapbox)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

That is amazing! Thank you for getting on the soapbox:)

So happy to hear you enjoyed the review and that it was helpful. We really had the best of times. I can't believe it was almost two years ago that we went. Going to have to plan a trip to Europe again soon!

Have a blast on your trip!

• 1 month later...