Carnival Magic review with pictures!!!

stacycakes1

Stacy,

Me and DW sat and rad through your entire review and it was absolutely amazing. We felt like we were right there with you. Now DW had made the decision we are going on a Med cruise in 2014 for our 30th anniversary. And we definitely will check out the Rome in limo. Thanks!!!:)

If my review helped in convincing the hubby to take a Med cruise then I am really glad I wrote it!!! Congrats and enjoy the planning, it is so much fun!

Stacy - just wanted to give you a little props! I referred my boss to Rome in a Limo based solely on your review. Kind of risky I know, especially with your boss; but he and his wife just returned from a 10 day vacation including Heidelberg Germany, Rome Italy and Venice Italy and booked a private tour with Fabio of Rome in a Limo! They raved about the whole experience and service. I can't thank you enough - BIG POINTS FOR ME :D :D :D :D

YES! Nothing like getting in good with the boss:) Glad they enjoyed themselves so much!!!! RIL is a wonderful company and do a great job so another props out to them!

Hi Stacy, I also would like to thank you for an amazing review. We are sailing on the NCL Epic this August. I have a few questions if you don't mind. I had read somewhere on cruise critic that for the Vatican tour, men and women must wear something coving both their knees and shoulders in order to be admitted. Did you find this to be true? I see in your pictures, you had a darling dress on. . . did you have to cover your shoulders for the Vatican?

Also, we have booked through All around Italy and our tour guides name is Fabrizio. I wondered if it was the same Fabrizio you used. Did you have any pictures of your tour which included his picture, no biggie really, was just curious, since you spoke so highly of him!!!!!

Hi Stacy, I also would like to thank you for an amazing review. We are sailing on the NCL Epic this August. I have a few questions if you don't mind. I had read somewhere on cruise critic that for the Vatican tour, men and women must wear something coving both their knees and shoulders in order to be admitted. Did you find this to be true? I see in your pictures, you had a darling dress on. . . did you have to cover your shoulders for the Vatican?

Also, we have booked through All around Italy and our tour guides name is Fabrizio. I wondered if it was the same Fabrizio you used. Did you have any pictures of your tour which included his picture, no biggie really, was just curious, since you spoke so highly of him!!!!!

Thanks for reading and I am glad you enjoyed the review!

I don't have any pictures of Fabrizio unfortunately, but I think Fabrizio is a common name in Italy so it could be someone else.

As far as the Vatican goes, yes, I did cover up my shoulders. I had a small scarf that fit in my bag and covered them up that way. Paul had on shorts but they went to his knees so it wasn't a problem either. They were more strict about your shoulders when entering the Sisitine Chapel then anywhere else. Also, my friend had gone before me and did not know this rule and was forced to buy a scarf from the guest shop that was astronomically over priced. I laughed when we went because we saw a number of woman wearing the same scarfs:) I took a picture for her. So yes, definitely bring somehting to cover up, a light scarg or shawl worked fine though.

Hope you have a blast!

• 2 weeks later...
Stacy - this cheat sheet is great! Printing as reference for my trip next year! I'm hoping to get groups together for the same 3 RIL excursions you did!

Glad it is helpful. I didn't think about it before but if you need the word version let me know and I can email it to you. Then you can change it to your own needs:)

Glad it is helpful. I didn't think about it before but if you need the word version let me know and I can email it to you. Then you can change it to your own needs:)

Ah! That would be great! mrsfecura@yahoo.com

I'm hoping that since we'll be going in the beginning of October next year we'll have some fun honeymooning couples like you guys to connect with! We've been married 10 years but are only in our 30's!

Congratulations, may you have a happy and long marriage.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the fab review. I was toying with the idea of doing the shore excursions organised by the ship but after reading about how you jumped the queues for certain museums etc, I am leaning towards RIL with fellow passengers. The question that is bugging me is how do I join other members for a group trip? How is payment sorted etc?

Will be on the Breeze on Aug 14th this year- first time in Europe- can't wait!

Shaza.

So Day 7 was our stop at the port of Livorno. We had scheduled another tour with Rome-in-limo this day and with our same tour buddies. We had our usual breakfast room service and were ready to go at 7:30am.

We made our way off the ship and found our driver holding a sign with our group’s name waiting by our Mercedes Sprinter for that day. Our tour guides name today was Fabrizio. We all piled into the car and we were off.

Today we booked the tour that included a stop first in Pisa and then the rest of the day in Florence. As we made our way to Pisa Fabrizio asked us if we all like wine. “Of course we like wine” we all answered. Fabrizio told us that a good friend of his owns one of the oldest wineries in the Chianti country of Tuscany that was on our way back from Florence. He suggested that we stop there on the way back and taste a some wine, fresh pressed olive oils and other products they grow/raise on the adjacent farm. We all thought that was a marvelous plan and that was how Tuscany got added to our itinerary for the day.

The ride to Pisa was about 30 minutes from the port and we were in awe the entire time because of the following view we had…

Stacey~

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. We're about to leave for a similar cruise in about 2 weeks. Like you, we are first flying into Paris! I had a quick question about your day in the Port of Livorno. How long was your ship in port? I'm interested in doing a similar tour including Pisa, Florence and Tuscany, but when I asked Rome In Limo, they said fitting in all 3 would be very tight and they couldn't promise we'd see it all! I wrote her back and said that I read a review about a couple who was able to squeeze in all 3 (you guys!) and even gave her the name of your driver. I actually put in a request for Fabrizio, since I know he can make it happen! So, my specific questions are...

What time did you get off the ship?

How much time did you spend at each place?

What was the drive time between places?

And finally, what time did you get back to port?

You may have had more time in port than us, so that may be where we "get screwed", but I want to see if it's even possible before I get my group's hopes up. Write back as soon as you get a chance, since we're trying to get everything booked and finalized! Thanks! And thanks again for your informative and beautiful review!

~Toccara

Congratulations on your marriage.

wow, your photos are absolutely beautiful and what a lovely couple.

Your photos brought my memory back!! We were sailing with Disney Magic in 2007 to Med. And we had been Rome, Naples, Pisa, villefranche.

Now we booked Spirit NCL next year and we are going back to Med with Deaf World Cruise. We are looking forward to see Med again.

Your comment

As far as my favorite part of the trip I have to say the amalfi coast (Sorrento, Positano, and Ravello) was the most beautiful place I have ever been, it was magical! We were also more relaxed that day without having museum times, etc... And it was just such a relaxed and pleasant time. Don't get me wrong, seeing the coliseum and all the other amazing landmarks I have always dreamed of seeing was amazing, but the amalfi coast day was so unexpected and was definitely my favorite.

that is my place trip too, and I told my husband that I want to go back again to see Sorrento, Amaifa Drive, Positano and it was awesome and I felt stress free lol..

And we had been in Rome, saw lots with Disney Excursion but we are not sure what we do next year as we think maybe take the train and walk around, wait and see until near the times.

Anyway, thank again, for showing the photos and wrote some trip report and it was amazing to reading it and some make me laughing too.

Scottishwee35

Your review was amazing! We are doing an Eastern Med cruise in September, so few of the same stops, but your pretty pictures of Taormina made me decide that we will definitely go up there for the day when we stop in Messina!

Congratulations, may you have a happy and long marriage.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the fab review. I was toying with the idea of doing the shore excursions organised by the ship but after reading about how you jumped the queues for certain museums etc, I am leaning towards RIL with fellow passengers. The question that is bugging me is how do I join other members for a group trip? How is payment sorted etc?

Will be on the Breeze on Aug 14th this year- first time in Europe- can't wait!

Shaza.

You join others on your Roll Call here on Cruise Critic or through RIL tour sharing site at http://www.romeinlimotoursharing.com/.

Payment is made at the end of the trip and in cash. We divided the amount up between the eight of us and each paid our share.

Happy planning!

Stacey~

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. We're about to leave for a similar cruise in about 2 weeks. Like you, we are first flying into Paris! I had a quick question about your day in the Port of Livorno. How long was your ship in port? I'm interested in doing a similar tour including Pisa, Florence and Tuscany, but when I asked Rome In Limo, they said fitting in all 3 would be very tight and they couldn't promise we'd see it all! I wrote her back and said that I read a review about a couple who was able to squeeze in all 3 (you guys!) and even gave her the name of your driver. I actually put in a request for Fabrizio, since I know he can make it happen! So, my specific questions are...

What time did you get off the ship?

How much time did you spend at each place?

What was the drive time between places?

And finally, what time did you get back to port?

You may have had more time in port than us, so that may be where we "get screwed", but I want to see if it's even possible before I get my group's hopes up. Write back as soon as you get a chance, since we're trying to get everything booked and finalized! Thanks! And thanks again for your informative and beautiful review!

~Toccara

Toccara,

Here is the cheat sheet I had created that should answer most of your questions. if you are booked with a RIL tour then you don't need to worry about all of those things though, they have those tours down to a science and know exactly what you can and can't fit in. We really had to move that day but did get most of everything in.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Don't worry so much about the small details once your there and just enjoy yourself, that is the best advice I can give you:)

Toccara,

Here is the cheat sheet I had created that should answer most of your questions. if you are booked with a RIL tour then you don't need to worry about all of those things though, they have those tours down to a science and know exactly what you can and can't fit in. We really had to move that day but did get most of everything in.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Don't worry so much about the small details once your there and just enjoy yourself, that is the best advice I can give you:)

If you could e-mail me the cheat sheet, that would be great (toccaradawn@yahoo.com). Would you mind please telling me at least what time you got off and back on the ship? RIL sounded very hesitant to agree that we could fit everything in in our alotted time and I'm wondering if you had more time in port. Norwegian, which we will be on, historically spends shorter time in port than Carnival and Royal Carribean; I'm not sure why but that's what I've read. If I know how much time you were working with, I'll know if our request is doable! Thanks! And I look forward to seeing your spreadsheet!

~Toccara

If you could e-mail me the cheat sheet, that would be great (toccaradawn@yahoo.com). Would you mind please telling me at least what time you got off and back on the ship? RIL sounded very hesitant to agree that we could fit everything in in our alotted time and I'm wondering if you had more time in port. Norwegian, which we will be on, historically spends shorter time in port than Carnival and Royal Carribean; I'm not sure why but that's what I've read. If I know how much time you were working with, I'll know if our request is doable! Thanks! And I look forward to seeing your spreadsheet!

~Toccara

Toccara,

I will email you the sheet in word version but here it is again in PDF as well. The times are actually listed on that sheet but just in case you still do not see them...

Our ship docked from 7:00am to 6:30pm that day which was longer then the actual tour. We were on the tour for the scheduled 9 hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm. We did not go over the 9 hour tour time that RIL currently has listed.

I am sure she Jany will not confirm being able to fit everything in because they do not want to hold themselves to anything extra when tours like this can be difficult to predict with traffic, etc... We also did something a little out of the ordinary and that is difficult for them to plan out exactly.

We knew that whole day that the wine tasting at the end of the day was dependent on how the day went and that we would do it if we could fit it in just as Jany is telling you now. My best advice is to be patient and just enjoy the day and not worry about rushing to make it to everything.

Rome in Limo Tour Information (1).pdf