Vancouver to Papeete/return Sydney to Vancouver

no fuss travel

Advice on how to do this flight. I am trying to see the cost to see if I should go with the cruise lines free air or if I should book it on my own. One of the flights I saw was Sydney to LA. LA to Atlanta, Atlanta to Vancouver. This one boggles my mind as we go from the west coast to the east coast and back to the west coast.

Would it be better to book an around the world ticket? How would I do this? I would be willing to spend a couple of days in Europe just to avoid airline hassles.

Advice on how to do this flight. I am trying to see the cost to see if I should go with the cruise lines free air or if I should book it on my own. One of the flights I saw was Sydney to LA. LA to Atlanta, Atlanta to Vancouver. This one boggles my mind as we go from the west coast to the east coast and back to the west coast.

Would it be better to book an around the world ticket? How would I do this? I would be willing to spend a couple of days in Europe just to avoid airline hassles.

Your way of avoiding the hassle of having to go LA to Vancouver via Atlanta is to go Vancouver to Papeete via Europe? I just don't see how that can do anything but add more hassles, honestly, and more costs.

Delta should be able to route you through Salt Lake City instead of Atlanta IF the schedule allows...that would save you a ton of time and hassle, even if it costs a bit more (it may or it may not).

To get an idea of your options, I would go to Expedia.com or some other search tool. Do a Multi-Destination search for YVR-PPT, and SYD-YVR. Then, cross reference with various airline websites to see what works best for you.

For example, a randomly picked date period this summer warrants YVR-PPT via LAX on a combination of Air Canada and Air Tahiti Nui, and SYD-YVR via LAX on a combination of Qantas and Alaska Airlines as the cheapest option.

I think the routing depends on what time of year you want to travel, but as stated, usually, you can book YVR-LAX-PPT and SYD-LAX-YVR on Qantas, or a combination of Qantas/AC (some are code shares with Air Tahiti Nui).

Have no idea why you would route through Europe?

Have no idea why you would route through Europe?

For the frequent flyer miles, silly.

A simple open-jaw ticket is likely your best bet. I'd probably have a look at Air New Zealand, for a route that goes something like YVR-AKL-PPT//SYD-AKL-YVR. You'd probably have to overnight in Auckland on the way down, far from a bad thing.

Archived