Laundry Service

Jimi123

If you use the self service laundry on board, it is $3 to wash and $3 to dry (quarters). There is also soap available in the little boxes just like at a laundromat.

Once during the week, the cruise will offer a bag of laundry for $15 that they will do for you. (wash and fold). It's as much as you can cram into the bag.

If you use the self service laundry on board, it is $3 to wash and $3 to dry (quarters). There is also soap available in the little boxes just like at a laundromat.

Once during the week, the cruise will offer a bag of laundry for $15 that they will do for you. (wash and fold). It's as much as you can cram into the bag.

If you have them do a bag of laundry for you, do you know if they do it alone, not mixed with other peoples laundry? And where do you get these bags? I really don't want to spend the time doing my own laundry but I'm trying to travel light and would like to be able to wear some things more then once. If they do many "bags" of laundry, I'm assuming they must mix them and keep the orders seperate by using those mesh like laundry bags you use for delicates. Just guessing but if anyone knows how this works, I'd appreciate any info you have. If you have used the service, was it worth it? I'm assuming that they won't be doing laundry like we do at home....seperating whites and colors and such. While traveling for 3 weeks thru China and only allowed 1 suitcase that couldn't exceed 44 pounds, we had laundry done often throughout the trip. Many people felt it was too expensive but it was less then $6 for a load like the self serve on the ship. And WOW, talk about great laundry!! Everything was super clean, ironed (even our undies) and nicely wrapped in paper when delivered. $15 for a bag sounds great to me! Thoughts or experiences? Thanks!

be very careful - they only use hot water and lots of bleach. I've had clothes ruined (my own fault for putting delicate items in the bag) - great for socks/underwear/t shirts. Get a sample bottle of detergent at Target and wash yourself in the sink - no disappointments

I have used the laundry service many times and it's great for jeans, t-shirts, shorts, etc. I wouldn't put anything delicate in it, but it sure does come in handy during the cruise and allows me to pack less than I normally would. The bags are available in each cabin. They may appear small, but if you roll the items tightly, you can get quite a bit in. The laundry isn't done with the care I use at home, but the things come back very serviceable and I haven't had anything ruined yet. Nancy

Love the laundry service for Platinum guests! But the $15 dollar deal is great too as you don't have to hang out while you are on vacation in a laundry room!:p Do keep in mind that your things are being washed with loads of others and that they use very hot water. No bleach is used - as I have never had a pair jeans ruined, etc. If it is delicate or you would be very disappointed if it does not come back the same size it was when you sent it out, then don't risk it. Hand wash delicates and hang in the shower - I did that on our last cruise and sent other stuff out for the flight home.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks everyone for your replies to my laundry questions. One more if you don't mind. I don't recall ever seeing a "laundry" bag in any of the cabins I've stayed in and this will be my 11th cruise. 10th on CCL but they only have me down for 6. But that's off topic. Anyway, I guess this is 2 questions. Where are the bags usually? and Any idea what day they run the laundry Special, 1 bag for $15? I'll do that with clothes that are dirty but nothing that I'd be upset about if it were to be ruined. I really appreciate everyone's help with this! Thanks in advance!

The paper laundry bag is usually in the top drawer of the vanity. If you don't have one your room steward will get you one.

We always take a picture of the clothes in the bag. Makes it easier to see if everything was returned.

Last cruise Mom and Sis were asked by the steward and the laundry guy which shirt was their's. Evidently they mixed them up somewhere along the line.

be very careful - they only use hot water and lots of bleach. I've had clothes ruined (my own fault for putting delicate items in the bag) - great for socks/underwear/t shirts. Get a sample bottle of detergent at Target and wash yourself in the sink - no disappointments

That is one reason why I will be the one with more luggage. I don't want my clothes ruined and would rather pack more. I am particular with the way I wash my clothes, unless it is something to be dry cleaned. I always thought they would use hot water and a hot dryer to dry the clothes. :)

We did 4 bags on our last B2B2B (14 days). All of it on Carnivals dime (Platinum).

Not only a well done, but fast. Also it was nice to pack a lot of our stuff clean and folded on the last day.

Only problem was that so much of it didn't fit us quite the same after our cruise. I think they shrunk the waistbands of all my pants!

If you bring your own laundry detergent, the new Tide Pods work beautifully. I brought along a couple of Tide Pods along with me during our recent cruise and the worked great! The bag they come in re-seals, so you can take out what you you'll need and leave the rest at home. They also travel well! Plus it's cheaper than purchasing soap out of the dispenser for a dollar a box. To boot your clothes smell great and come out very clean!

We did 4 bags on our last B2B2B (14 days). All of it on Carnivals dime (Platinum).

Not only a well done, but fast. Also it was nice to pack a lot of our stuff clean and folded on the last day.

Only problem was that so much of it didn't fit us quite the same after our cruise. I think they shrunk the waistbands of all my pants!

LOL!! And the waistbands "shrunk" because of the laundry and not the, or so the CD on our last cruise told us, the 1 1/2 pounds per day a person gains on an average cruise?? LOL!! Since my DD and I are traveling with friends and not DH, I think I'll tell him that Carnival "shrunk" my clothes in their laundry. How they got a hold of clothes I didn't bring, I'll have to come up with something!!!:D

Does anyone know if the prices for self serve are the same fleet wide?

We are sailing on the Ecstasy next week. Would like to do a load of capris as I don't think I have enough for each night. Going with 5 women, so just one load between us would probably be enough.

Can you use regular detergent or does it have to be something special?

Archived