Fantasy without kids

crystal blue

Looking for a new experience. I have cruised over 30 times on various cruise lines. Looking to go May 20th and not to many ships doing the caribbean. I have been on all the ships already doing caribbean runs so thought maybe I would try Disney. All I need is good food, a quiet place to lay in the sun and a place to have a drink or two in the evening. Will I feel out of place on Disney?

We will be doing our sixth cruise on DCL next year and we don't have kids. It helps that we are Disneyphiles (we are also DVC members), but there are plenty of options for adults. The Cove Cafe is a great hangout, Palo (and Remy on Dream & Fantasy) are adults-only fee restaurants and the District has several bars & night spots that are for adults only. Castaway Cay has an adults-only beach.

You will have a great time!

Sail on the Fantasy. She has an extended adults-only area, plus the fun Europa (like The District on the Disney Dream). We were on Fantasy this past weekend (husband and me) and never felt overrun by children, and there were a lot onboard. It's very easy to have a grown-up experience on the Dream or the Fantasy, if you don't mind a bit of whimsy now and then. And you may even find standing at the railing and looking down into the atrium while the Princesses hug the children is a pretty neat thing to do, too. ;)

Try Palo, the Rainforest, and the adults-only areas (including the fabulous Skyline bar!). Well worth doing.

There is pleanty od space to lie in the sun, and yes drinks at night. It's just that you also have to like Disney to appreciate the entire trip.

If your screen name is derived from I suspect, we are the same age. My wife and I have cruised Disney 7 times, only twice with kids. As people said, you will love the adult only areas of the ship AND Castaway Cay. The beauty of Serenity Beach on Castaway Cay is that is far from the family beach and you won't see many stray kids wander through as you might see on the ship. Have a Konch Kooler and grab a hammock and you'll love it.

Hi- lots of great tips here- My husband and I have taken 10 three day cruises- long weekends and love the great Disney service and wonderful food! We really enjoy the Skyline Bar and sNorkeling on Castaway Cay. There is a fun 3K race in the morning and also bikes and jet skis. We love Palo! The spa is wonderful and my favorite is the rainforest with the heated lounges and hot tubs and great view! Entertainment and movies are all Disney themed- But there are a few nightclubs and trivia type games.

Again thank you all for your advice. I decided to book and now can say that for my 35th cruise I will be sailing the new Disney Fantasy. I am looking forward to this new experience.

Welcome, we are two adults 65+ and we are sailing with you on May 19th. It will be

our 9th disney cruise. You will probably run into our group of 100 50+ crazy disney folks travelling with AllEars.net. We have early seating this cruise because we wanted to eat

with the group leader who has early dining. Again welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived