Suite Check-in and Courtyard use by non-Haven family on ship?

jtrain73

Maybe NCL should lower their capacity of these suites so that the Haven guests can ensure their peace and space from the throbbing mobs below as some have put it.

I'll be sure next time to book 2 haven 2 bedroom family suites and make sure I take another 11 people with me.

Haven't gotten an answer yet if Haven guests are all right with 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th guests paying only $399.

Haven't gotten an answer yet if Haven guests are all right with 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th guests paying only $399.

My answer as a Haven guest of the future: YES! Those guests are there legitimately. I think you HAVE "gotten an answer"- you just don't like it.

Maybe NCL should lower their capacity of these suites so that the Haven guests can ensure their peace and space from the throbbing mobs below as some have put it.

I'll be sure next time to book 2 haven family suites and make sure I take another 11 people with me.

I could care less if the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th guests are free and YES, NCL sometimes has specials where the 3rd to 8th person IN THE SAME CABIN/SUITE sail free (plus taxes and fees). (Garden Villa holds 8)

Either book two haven suites so you can all use the haven or stop your complaining. NCL makes the rules not you and not me! I just don't have the same problem you seem to have following them.

I will also add my own answer to this.. Yes, as a Haven guest I am absolutely FINE with anyone paying as a 3rd, 4th, etc guest (or even free!) and using the Haven. Here is my reasoning: The suites are really set up for a family with children (younger children really) so if a family of six with four small kids can be happy with the space of the suite, then they are fine in the Haven. If three or more adults want to share the space, that is their perogative. Frankly, if six adult sized people were sharing the space, I would feel so bad for them being so cramped that I would be fine with anything they did (within limits, I suppose). Six adults crammed into that suite would likely generate FAR more income for NCL than the family with small children - and to follow your "reasoning" further, the extra four people that NCL can now book into that "other" non-suite cabin will generate even MORE income, so it's a win-win for NCL.. The simple bottom line is: If you want to cram everyone into one suite, then you are all welcome to Haven access. If you don't want to cram everyone in, either you book two suites or you forego suite benefits. Those are the rules set forth by NCL. Either abide by them or take your business elsewhere.

PS, I have never sailed with the Haven suites all filled to full capacity - and I don't think this is possible. There are limits to the space that have nothing to do with each suite's capacity.

Robin

My answer as a Haven guest of the future: YES! Those guests are there legitimately. I think you HAVE "gotten an answer"- you just don't like it.

Ha ha. Maybe NCL could change their policy to allow 3rd, 4th guest to pay and book into a Haven suite then allow them to book an inside cabin also. This way they would be legitimate Haven guests.

Ships never sail 100% full any ways not matter what they say. What cabins do they give people when their room floods or there are other major problems.:eek:

I've changed rooms 2 twice when the ship was supposedly full.

I was under the impression that at any sign of trouble a helicopter would appear on the top deck and carry all the suite guests to the nearest island for drinks and hor d'oeuvres. ;)

Ahhh, THAT"S why my insurance was so expensive ;) :D...

Robin

Ha ha. Maybe NCL could change their policy to allow 3rd, 4th guest to pay and book into a Haven suite then allow them to book an inside cabin also. This way they would be legitimate Haven guests.

Ships never sail 100% full any ways not matter what they say. What cabins do they give people when their room floods or there are other major problems.:eek:

I've changed rooms 2 twice when the ship was supposedly full.

Full is at their real capacity, has nothing to do with whether or not there are any cabins available.

If everyone has 4 to a cabin, the capacity is reached long before the cabins are full. They like to sail at 105% capacity, based on 2 people per cabin on the ship plus adding 3rd & 4th passengers, that's what they aim for and more often than not, they get it. That is why the sell everything off closer to the cruise, they want the spots filled so people spend money onboard.

They cannot go over a certain number of people as they only have so many seats on lifeboats.

I wanna fly in your party! :D

Next time we fly somewhere :D

I have gotten filthy looks from people in f/c because of it... I have taken my dinner and exchanged it for a coach meal if its a meal I have had over and over on a flight. There was one flight there was no dinner service in coach, and I didnt like what they were having in f/c and I just sent it back to a family member who was travelling with me... I didnt care I paid for the ticket and I want to share what I get up front that should be up to me... Not once did a flight attendant ever give me a problem... I am sure I will get slammed on this one...

Suite perks are for those who have paid to stay in the suite...period

X2

You get what you paid for.

Some Haven guests choose to get another regular cabin for more space instead of stuffing 6 people into a family haven suite. Its costs them more so why shouldn't they be allowed to bring their family group into the courtyard?

See above..........Its really not that hard to understand. If passenger A pays for a suite they get the perks. If passenger B wants the same perks they must pay for a suite.

I have gotten filthy looks from people in f/c because of it... I have taken my dinner and exchanged it for a coach meal if its a meal I have had over and over on a flight. There was one flight there was no dinner service in coach, and I didnt like what they were having in f/c and I just sent it back to a family member who was travelling with me... I didnt care I paid for the ticket and I want to share what I get up front that should be up to me... Not once did a flight attendant ever give me a problem... I am sure I will get slammed on this one...

I see no problem with this at all. In fact, if you wanted to get your Cagneys breakfast and take it down to a family member in an inside room on the ship, I see no problem with that either!!

won't get slammed by me...I just can't figure out what airline still serves meals in coach (other than those bag meals that require additional $) LOL

I see no problem with this at all. In fact, if you wanted to get your Cagneys breakfast and take it down to a family member in an inside room on the ship, I see no problem with that either!!

Or have your family in the suite sharing a meal served by your butler. No issue sharing your space but not the shared space set aside for exclusive use of those who paid for it. Sending your food back from first class is one thing having your family sit in first class that are booked coach will get more then a look from the fight attendants. :eek:

Some Haven guests choose to get another regular cabin for more space instead of stuffing 6 people into a family haven suite. Its costs them more so why shouldn't they be allowed to bring their family group into the courtyard?

Because the Haven is designed to serve a limited number of people. If everyone brought guests, people who paid for the use of the Haven wouldn't be able to enjoy it...it would become as crowded as all the other pool areas, therefore not worth the extra $$$$

I'll be sure next time to book 2 haven 2 bedroom family suites and make sure I take another 11 people with me.

Haven guests would pay what the price is, but you simply seem to be ignoring the fact that 5 and 6 people would only fit into the largest of Haven Suites and then I can assure you that the extra price is not $399 per person. The price is in accordance to what the suite price demands.

Might want to check your facts before posting. 3rd and 4th are still crowding people in and are $399 give or take a few bucks on most epic cruises. Hard to believe isn't it? Maybe I'm giving people ideas????

You might want to run the numbers again. I just put in 7 days Sept 7th on the Epic and it is 3499 for the first two and 699 for 3-8.

Or you can just accept what everyone else has posted and people should get what they pay for. You want the perks, pay the fare.

Might want to check your facts before posting. 3rd and 4th are still crowding people in and are $399 give or take a few bucks on most epic cruises. Hard to believe isn't it? Maybe I'm giving people ideas????

On my upcoming Epic cruise, my son's 3rd person fare is $699 + $90 in tax for a Haven suite. I have sailed in Haven suites many times and have seen staff ask non-suite guests to leave. I pay big bucks for the Haven experience. As a frequent, repeat customer, NCL is wise to retain my business by keeping private areas private.

You might want to run the numbers again. I just put in 7 days Sept 7th on the Epic and it is 3499 for the first two and 699 for 3-8.

Or you can just accept what everyone else has posted and people should get what they pay for. You want the perks, pay the fare.

I can't even find a Sept 7th cruise.:eek: First week Epic returns to Miami November 3rd. 3-6 $399. November 10th 3-6 $399......

I find it interesting that you would quote a price for an NCL Haven suite and NCL would quote me another for the same suite for the 3rd and 4th person. Let's see, which person or entity am I going to believe?

Sorry, but it's not you.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Apples to apples would be inviting your family member up from coach (before the plane was filled, hoping the the empty first class seat would not fill) to sit in the seat next to you and enjoy a meal. Not the meal you didn't want but an additional meal.

I'm very sure your concierge would be more then happy to replace your seat with one of your friends should you decide not to dine.

That said, the OP didnt ask for peoples opinions, the question was "1. Can we all check in as a family with in the suite check-in line?

2. What are the rules (or accepted practices if not well defined rules) about other guests joining us in the Courtyard to relax or eat? I assume they can't enter without one of us bringing them in. "

The answer is simply 1. Probably not but you can ask and 2. No, they are not allowed in the haven unless in your suite. You didn't ask for my opinion so I wont give it. Have a great cruise.

Archived