can we bring own folding chairs 4 balcony???

only1deejay

I think that is a little extreme.... sure it may be cumbersome to bring foam mattress toppers or portable chairs, but if people are willing to do it it's not really anyone's place to tell them to stay home. Especially those with back problems or other issues needing these items, I know I won't stop cruising just because my body starts needing more amenities ;)

I was talking more along the lines of chairs, ottomans, coffee makers, that sort of thing. Mattress toppers no problem because I know a lot of people need them for their backs.

I was talking more along the lines of chairs, ottomans, coffee makers, that sort of thing. Mattress toppers no problem because I know a lot of people need them for their backs.

I'd agree except on the coffee makers..... Keurig one-cup makes a mini, which would be great for that cup of Emeril's Big Easy Bold that I like to start every morning with. The machine doesn't take up much room, however the problem comes with packing the K-cups, which can be bulky for a 16-day sailing, even for only one per day, and they crush easily. I wish Tassimo made a mini since they use discs which are more compact.

Actually on Princess it isn't so much of a problem since they have coffee cards with decent brewed coffee, but on other ships I suffer :o

I'd agree except on the coffee makers..... Keurig one-cup makes a mini, which would be great for that cup of Emeril's Big Easy Bold that I like to start every morning with. The machine doesn't take up much room, however the problem comes with packing the K-cups, which can be bulky for a 16-day sailing, even for only one per day, and they crush easily. I wish Tassimo made a mini since they use discs which are more compact.

Actually on Princess it isn't so much of a problem since they have coffee cards with decent brewed coffee, but on other ships I suffer :o

Chairs and ottomans probably affect back comfort too.

That's an easy fix! Kuerig makes a "universal" K-cup that can be used with your own coffee grounds. http://www.amazon.com/EZ-Cup-Keurig-Coffee-Machines-Perfect/dp/B002YPC2NM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333051274&sr=8-4

Take a baggie full of your favorite coffee and you've got it made. I do agree that the coffee card is easier. :)

That's an easy fix! Kuerig makes a "universal" K-cup that can be used with your own coffee grounds. http://www.amazon.com/EZ-Cup-Keurig-Coffee-Machines-Perfect/dp/B002YPC2NM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333051274&sr=8-4

Take a baggie full of your favorite coffee and you've got it made. I do agree that the coffee card is easier. :)

Wow, that is great that they have filters now.... in the "old days" when the Keurigs first came out they had those universal cups that had a built in screen instead of a filter but they were a pain to clean. This looks much better :)

As for me, I'm seriously thinking about bringing bed pillows. I keep reading about all these people using pillows to make the new deck furniture more comfortable, and it's actually kind of nauseating.

Ever think about bringing pillow protectors and slip them on the pillow underneath the pillow case? It does seem pretty disgusting to think about putting your head someplace others might have previously had their "back side"...:eek:

With the smaller tables on balconies now, what happens when you order the UDB or UBD? Do they bring a table?

When I had an aft balcony on the Golden we only had a small cocktail table so when we ordered UBD they brought us a regular sized dinner table for two.

When I had an aft balcony on the Golden we only had a small cocktail table so when we ordered UBD they brought us a regular sized dinner table for two.

So just order the breakfast on the first day and chain their table to the balcony railing for the rest of the cruise. Voila! :p

A post from PCL is over on another thread stating that PCL will be putting a "dining table" back on the Caribe decks on all ships in the "upcoming months." Seems some of you have not seen this post Princess left.

Go to the link below....Princess' post is # 371 (click the numbers or go to link below)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33128240&postcount=371

do carry a shower curtain to close off the open closest area

We're sailing Emerald next year and I've been looking at cabin photos. I've noticed the closets are a different layout, but can't figure out what the shower curtain would be for.:confused:

We're sailing Emerald next year and I've been looking at cabin photos. I've noticed the closets are a different layout, but can't figure out what the shower curtain would be for.:confused:

Do you have a link for pictures of the Emerald cabins? We are sailing in less than a month so I am curious myself

Do you have a link for pictures of the Emerald cabins? We are sailing in less than a month so I am curious myself

I don't have a specific link. Just used Google Images and looked through all the photos. It looks as though you walk through a door into the closet area that has a long railing for hanging clothes on one side and then a set of shelves/with safe that has a mirrored single door or double doors (I've seen both styles of doors) at the far end and then somewhere opposite the hanging clothes rail there's a door into the bathroom. I don't know if the door opens into the closet or into the bathroom. Seem to be a lot of doors in a small space. The rest of the cabin is pretty well set out the way they are on other cruise ships (balcony cabin).

I don't have a specific link. Just used Google Images and looked through all the photos. It looks as though you walk through a door into the closet area that has a long railing for hanging clothes on one side and then a set of shelves/with safe that has a mirrored single door or double doors (I've seen both styles of doors) at the far end and then somewhere opposite the hanging clothes rail there's a door into the bathroom. I don't know if the door opens into the closet or into the bathroom. Seem to be a lot of doors in a small space. The rest of the cabin is pretty well set out the way they are on other cruise ships (balcony cabin).

Thanks for the info....sounds like the same setup we had on the Golden in a Caribe deck balcony.

Here are photos of our balcony cabin on the Emerald last year:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2899823300095430378mqaaYp

On that page...click the NEXT photo (upper right side) to continue to see more cabin photos

I had the same image in my mind as I read this thread. :D :D

So did I!! This thread is getting quite funny - can't believe what people want to bring on a cruise. Just find a good place on the ship to relax - and relax. That's what you take a cruise for; not bring your own furniture, etc! :D:eek:

Here are photos of our balcony cabin on the Emerald last year:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2899823300095430378mqaaYp

On that page...click the NEXT photo (upper right side) to continue to see more cabin photos

Thank you so much for letting me scroll through your pictures.... as I said we are on the Emerald for the first time in a few weeks and it is good to have a preview of the ship :)

Archived