can we bring own folding chairs 4 balcony???

only1deejay

This is the most amusing thread I have read in a long time, considering how many folks don't want to pack formal wear these days, while others are considering packing furniture.. :D

We were just off the Ruby, in a mini suite, we spend a lot of time on the balcony. Did find if I added a sofa pillow to the chair the lounge chairs were very comfortable.

We pack formal wear first, do carry a shower curtain to close off the open closest area, but that it, besides are informal and casual wear.

Cannot believe that people who haven't seen or sat on the new furniture are contemplating taking balcony furniture on a cruise! :confused:

We arrived home Saturday after spending 3 wonderful weeks onboard the Grand in a Caribe cabin. I spent an average 3 hrs a day on the balcony. I'm not a "pool" person but more of a promenade deck type. Love to sit, read and watch the water. Thus I tend to spend a lot of time on the balcony too just to relax away from people and noise. I didn't find the chairs to be all that uncomfortable. Also the little table makes a great footrest if you put a folded towel on it!

We don't eat meals on our balcony so the small table wasn't a problem for us at all. However, it seems that removing the larger table from the Caribe balconies wasn't a good decision by someone.

If you need a footrest you might do better with an inflatable ottoman which can be purchased at amazon for $14.99! They even have inflatable chairs! If one feels that it is necessary to take furniture with them at least the inflatables don't weigh as much. They even have inflatable pillows you could use for a chair cushion. If you have to fly to your embarkation port, you may already have a pillow you use on the plane, so you can use it on your balcony too.

Maybe Princess will start selling inflatable chairs and ottomans in the boutique. :D If amazon sells it for $14.99, Princess would probably charge $29.99.

Had to laugh at your suggest to have Princess start selling inflatable chairs. Maybe a new revenue stream for them!

Goodness. It's sad that the change in balcony furniture is making many consider bringing their own. Just seems like a complication. I will admit, after seeing pictures of that itty, bitty table now provided I really wondered what Princess was thinking?:eek::eek: Looks even smaller than the little tables my nieces used when they were little to play tea party on.

All I keep thinking about is the reason we never went on a cruise with toddlers is because we didn’t want to bring all of the items they required such as a stroller, playpen, high chair and toys. The day that I have to bring deck furniture is the day I just sit on my deck at home or drive 10 minutes to the beach.

Well said!!

Had to laugh at your suggest to have Princess start selling inflatable chairs. Maybe a new revenue stream for them!

Goodness. It's sad that the change in balcony furniture is making many consider bringing their own. Just seems like a complication. I will admit, after seeing pictures of that itty, bitty table now provided I really wondered what Princess was thinking?:eek::eek: Looks even smaller than the little tables my nieces used when they were little to play tea party on.

Maybe they have some old TV trays or we could bring our own??? :p

I wonder if I can find one of our kids old TV trays with the short legs so I could put it on my lap to eat my breakfast. :eek:

I was in my first Princess mini on Emerald in December. Is this what y'all are talking about as the "new" balcony furniture?

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2981060940088053251DDDssT

No, that's the old furniture.

What I thought was a good idea was that the mini suites have a little foot rest and was excited to have that on Caribe since I end up using the other chair for my feet.

It sounds like the Caribe deck does not get the foot rests, even though there is plenty of room.

And if they ARE going to have new chairs, at least they could put 4 in the Caribe balconies. That is more upsetting than new chairs themselves.

When I first started following this chair comment several days ago, I was getting up set, too. Then, today, I started to be so funny. I know we like our comforts, but today I was picturing all you people arriving at the dock with lawn chairs, pillows, bed toppers, foot stools, etc. Such an hilarious picture after all the money we pay for a cruise to get away from home and relax.

Sounds like a lot of work to me. Maybe I'll feel differently after our next cruise on the Caribe Deck. Anyway, I enjoyed the humor in this today, at least it was humorous for me. ;)

TABLES...You can always take the table in your cabin and move it to the balcony, then put it back in your cabin at night. We've done it before and will do it again. That covers the table problem.

TRAYS...Just use the trays from the Horizon Court... take two for the cabin with food on them to start with... then put one away to keep to use on the little table outside. Trust me...party stuff, maybe, but I'm not taking any furniture with me. :D

TABLES...You can always take the table in your cabin and move it to the balcony, then put it back in your cabin at night. We've done it before and will do it again. That covers the table problem.

TRAYS...Just use the trays from the Horizon Court... take two for the cabin with food on them to start with... then put one away to keep to use on the little table outside. Trust me...party stuff, maybe, but I'm not taking any furniture with me. :D

#1. If I move the table from the cabin to the balcony it's going to stay there unless the cabin steward moves it back of his own accord.

#2. There are no trays available from the Horizon. Maybe you're thinking from room service?

Hey don't forget the surge protector so you can plug in your appliances.:D

With all this talk about bringing furniture it makes me glad that I book an inside or ocean view stateroom.

Just give me an inside cabin - I'm only there to sleep and shower. I'd rather spend the extra money on excursions or my bar bill:eek:

But to each their own. I won't be bringing my own furniture.

Just give me an inside cabin - I'm only there to sleep and shower. I'd rather spend the extra money on excursions or my bar bill:eek:

But to each their own. I won't be bringing my own furniture.

Same here. I would rather bring my cocktail shaker than my beach chair.;)

Why?

Why because the open closest is very close the cabin hall door, we really don't like our personal belongs on display when the cabin door is open. This way no one can see what we have in the closest.

Why because the open closest is very close the cabin hall door, we really don't like our personal belongs on display when the cabin door is open. This way no one can see what we have in the closest.

Just curious.... how do you hang it up?

Maybe it is just me but I can't see bringing my household things on a cruise. That is why I go on a cruise......to relax and not worry about hauling around all that stuff.

I guess I am a pretty adaptable person. I saw the pic of the new balcony furniture and I didn't really see a problem. Yes the table is smaller but don't the rooms have a small round table you can put on the balcony and bring in when not in use? Yes a little inconvenient but adaptable. The chairs may not sit upright but put a pillow behind you and call it a day.

We all are in a belt tightening time and Princess seems to be doing it also. Not a problem.....I cruise because I like it and not to find fault in the things that might be missing and I HAVE to have in order to enjoy my cruise. If these are things you can't simply live without, perhaps staying home is the better option.

If these are things you can't simply live without, perhaps staying home is the better option.

I think that is a little extreme.... sure it may be cumbersome to bring foam mattress toppers or portable chairs, but if people are willing to do it it's not really anyone's place to tell them to stay home. Especially those with back problems or other issues needing these items, I know I won't stop cruising just because my body starts needing more amenities ;)

Archived