can we bring own folding chairs 4 balcony???

only1deejay

OK, I;ll ask the question--why do you want to bring your own chairs? Princess does provide them.

But if you choose to bring your own, I would NOT leave them out on you balcony unless in use so they is no chance of the blowing overboard.

OK, I;ll ask the question--why do you want to bring your own chairs? Princess does provide them.

I think it may have to do with the latest "chairgate" issue I keep reading about, where Princess has apparently changed their balcony furniture to a less comfortable model.... I sail on Emerald next month so I guess I will find out.

Funny thing is, those camping/fishing chairs shown by the OP aren't all that comfortable either.

Chairs, memory foam mattress topper, coffee maker, long shower curtain, blender, cooler filled with water bottles... It's getting so that even people who drive to the port are going to need a trailer to haul all their stuff.

As for me, I'm seriously thinking about bringing bed pillows. I keep reading about all these people using pillows to make the new deck furniture more comfortable, and it's actually kind of nauseating.

But if you choose to bring your own, I would NOT leave them out on you balcony unless in use so they is no chance of the blowing overboard.

Because on Caribe balconies, you now get only two chairs and a very small table. If you have guests, there is nowhere for them to sit. On the Star, people brought their own when joining others for drinks. :(

If you do bring chairs, you are not allowed to leave anything on your balcony as it could blow overboard, onto someone else's balcony, possibly hitting someone, or pose a fire hazard.

I'm wondering this as well. If we upgrade to Caribe on Star, we'd like to bring one of these chairs we recently purchased...

766127629_160.jpg

We live in SF so it's just a short cab ride down to the pier. I assume we could just zip-tie it closed, slap a luggage tag on the sucker and be good to go.

I have several of these that I use for tailgating at a football game or for camping and I would never consider carrying them any distance or expect them to arrive in my cabin intact after giving them to a porter at the dock. ;)

Well I am bringing my own table on the Crown in October, as they now only supply a very very small and short coffee table instead of the larger eating table previously supplied. I have found a folding slatted table which folds into it own bag and weights 2kgs and it will fit into my case. Bargain.

Isn't it sad that we are talking about bringing our own furniture on a cruise just to have breakfast on ones balcony. For Caribes, for which you pay a premium, to have a lounger to relax and read a book. What does that say about Princess and the Princess Experience. Hopefully they are reading this.

I keep reading about the change in furniture, but we were on the Ruby 2 weeks ago and on our Caribe balcony we had the usual 16-18" diameter table that was normal height and 2 stationary back chairs and 2 reclining back chairs. There was also the blue mat that we've always had on Princess balconies. Which ships have changed?:confused:

Cannot believe that people who haven't seen or sat on the new furniture are contemplating taking balcony furniture on a cruise! :confused:

We arrived home Saturday after spending 3 wonderful weeks onboard the Grand in a Caribe cabin. I spent an average 3 hrs a day on the balcony. I'm not a "pool" person but more of a promenade deck type. Love to sit, read and watch the water. Thus I tend to spend a lot of time on the balcony too just to relax away from people and noise. I didn't find the chairs to be all that uncomfortable. Also the little table makes a great footrest if you put a folded towel on it!

We don't eat meals on our balcony so the small table wasn't a problem for us at all. However, it seems that removing the larger table from the Caribe balconies wasn't a good decision by someone.

If you need a footrest you might do better with an inflatable ottoman which can be purchased at amazon for $14.99! They even have inflatable chairs! If one feels that it is necessary to take furniture with them at least the inflatables don't weigh as much. They even have inflatable pillows you could use for a chair cushion. If you have to fly to your embarkation port, you may already have a pillow you use on the plane, so you can use it on your balcony too.

Maybe Princess will start selling inflatable chairs and ottomans in the boutique. :D If amazon sells it for $14.99, Princess would probably charge $29.99.

Chairs, memory foam mattress topper, coffee maker, long shower curtain, blender, cooler filled with water bottles... It's getting so that even people who drive to the port are going to need a trailer to haul all their stuff.

As for me, I'm seriously thinking about bringing bed pillows. I keep reading about all these people using pillows to make the new deck furniture more comfortable, and it's actually kind of nauseating.

Hey don't forget the surge protector so you can plug in your appliances.:D

With all this talk about bringing furniture it makes me glad that I book an inside or ocean view stateroom.

I will be on the Star in June in Mini Suite. Three of us in the cabin. It's my understanding that the balcony only has two chairs. Is this correct? If it is correct, why would they do that? Mini Suites are made for two or more people.

I already bring a foam topper or I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. Now, I am going to bring an inflatable ottoman. I know I'll have to bring it in when I'm not on the balcony, but that will be easy. I've thought about bringing my own chaise lounge. Heck, it would probably be more comfortable to sleep on that than the beds. It is sad that people need to bring this stuff to be comfortable. I never used to bring anything besides clothes and money, but now I feel like I need to.

After the Star Princess fire, I was no longer able to get a lounger brought to our balcony. The room steward said it was a fire hazard. I'm not sure why a fire hazard would be OK for any area of the ship. Maybe the steward will have to confiscate any loungers brought on board if they are deemed a fire hazard.

Geez - I guess for some people, the packing list for a cruise vacation is becoming very similar to that of a beach house vacation. I, for one, am trying to lighten my load.;)

All I keep thinking about is the reason we never went on a cruise with toddlers is because we didn’t want to bring all of the items they required such as a stroller, playpen, high chair and toys. The day that I have to bring deck furniture is the day I just sit on my deck at home or drive 10 minutes to the beach.

Archived