British Colonial Hilton Day Pass

jcby54

Does the Sheraton or Hilton have a waterslide at their pool?

No... thank goodness.. they don't.

Wyndham has a small one on their property....

If a waterslide is even in your thoughts.. I don't think the Hilton is for you.. This is a very relaxed laid back atmosphere.

It's for those who want to chill out without the horseplay, slides and resort atmosphere.

My 2 yr old granddaughter will be with us. Are little ones free or will she have to pay the kids price?

Thanks!

According to Island marketng.. 5 and under is free.. Of course, they don't get a food voucher.

If you go this route and buy lunch for your gd, be aware that the hilton does not take cash at the patio grill. you'll need a credit card for any additional charges.

Our family (2 adults,2 kids 7 & 9) was there last Thursday and had an absolutely wonderful day! It was quiet, peaceful and relaxing....just what we wanted. The beach was not huge but plenty big and very clean. The entire property was lovely and well kept. When we checked in at the front desk they gave our girls a little welcome gift with a frisbee, a water bottle and a blow up beach ball in it! There were a few families there with kids so our girls made some new friends and had a great day! The lunch included with the voucher was good, typical poolside food. My husband and I had the grouper fingers and the girls had chicken strips. Both were good. The walk to the Hilton was easy; less than ten minutes and we did some shopping on the way back to the ship. Our girls said it was "the best day ever!"

I enjoyed the Hilton for that reason. We had $120 to spend for 4 of us. Left with enough to leave the balance for a good tip

Great idea! I'm actually a little surprised the Hilton lets you pay tips with your credit. Did you have to do anything special to make sure they got the extra?

Kids are $27.50 .. with a $10 voucher.

Has the kid's voucher changed?

Here is the info I was emailed from the BCH. ----but it is from last summer :o

"The British Colonial Hilton does offer Day Passes to guests. The price for the Day passes is $55.00 per adult, kids half price at $27.50. The lunch voucher is $15.00 (12yrs and under) Kids under 5 eat and play free with paying adult."

Great idea! I'm actually a little surprised the Hilton lets you pay tips with your credit. Did you have to do anything special to make sure they got the extra?

I don't think bartenders get the left over credit unless you specify that it as an additional tip.

We will be in the Bahamas on the 22nd of April. We are going to the Hilton for the day. We have a person with us who needs a wheelchair for long distance walking. Should we take a cab or would a wheelchair be okay to navigate to the property?

Dina

We will be in the Bahamas on the 22nd of April. We are going to the Hilton for the day. We have a person with us who needs a wheelchair for long distance walking. Should we take a cab or would a wheelchair be okay to navigate to the property?

Dina

You shouldn't have a problem navigating along the wharf to the hotel with a wheelchair. May be a little crowded along the way, but I'm sure you can handle it.

Be aware, there are a few steps going down to the beach.. maybe 3??

Actually as we were packing up and getting ready to leave the server came over to us and asked us to sign the slip so he could get the balance left as his tip. It started to rain so we didn't end up spending the whole thing. We were going to tip him anyway but he ended up with about $24. He only came over about 3x throughout the day so he made out on the deal. That was really the only complaint that we had was the service was somewhat slow and there weren't many people at all because it wasn't the sunniest day. We even wondered if he didn't want us to spend the whole thing so he would get a larger tip

Thanks for the info scubagirrl!! Second question, we walk towards Senior Frogs but go thru the market place out to the street and to the right and walk till we hit the hotel?

Dina

Senor Frogs is actually part of the Hilton building.

Once you get to Senor Frogs, make a left and follow the sidewalk around to the front of the building.

Question -- my mother wants to see the interior of the Hilton -- the decor in the public areas, basically. We have no interest at all in the beach or pool (she and I both tend to burst into flames in sunlight) -- will they expect us to purchase a day passes, do you think?

Question -- my mother wants to see the interior of the Hilton -- the decor in the public areas, basically. We have no interest at all in the beach or pool (she and I both tend to burst into flames in sunlight) -- will they expect us to purchase a day passes, do you think?

the lobby area is not that big, and the bar is closed.. she can walk in, look at the grand staircase and use the ladies rooms... that's about all there is to see that isn't off limites. Hilton uses a keyed elevator and door system, so only guests can get to the next floor to check out the balconies etc.

This is a lovely traditional hotel, but only a small part is "lobby'.

• 3 weeks later...
Iit's not a time share.. it's a nice beach day at a quiet, private hotel.

THe Hilton is located within walking distance of the port. It's has a small private beach, a nice quiet pool. Cabanas, day beds, patio bar and grill and poolside/beachside service.

It's not a resort atmosphere.. no corny poolside games. Just a relaxing atmosphere. Not great for active kids.

Did they recently redo the pool area? We were there last August and they didn't have day beds and cabanas that I saw.

We were thinking of going to the Sheraton this year to mix it up a little, but if they redid the pool area we might do the Hilton again since it was so convenient and nice. The Dream spends so little time in Nassau that it doesn't seem worth it to spend the travel time to go elsewhere.

Maggie

Did they recently redo the pool area? We were there last August and they didn't have day beds and cabanas that I saw.

We were thinking of going to the Sheraton this year to mix it up a little, but if they redid the pool area we might do the Hilton again since it was so convenient and nice. The Dream spends so little time in Nassau that it doesn't seem worth it to spend the travel time to go elsewhere.

Maggie

Yes, new chaises at the pool, Round bed cabanas with pillows poolside, new chaises with sunshields on the beach, and wicker day beds on the lawn.

They just added them in December.

Unfortunately while I was there last week...one families kids were napping in all but one the cabanas.. one kid to each cabana.. a bit greedy in my book.

I want to be clear, you can use the pool, we have someone with us that hass a hard time getting in and out of the water if the waves are heavy.

Yes, a day pass allows full access to the pools.. and there are stairs going down into the pool.. as well as ladder type steps.

BTC rarely has waves.. except when there's a storm brewing.

Yes, a day pass allows full access to the pools.. and there are stairs going down into the pool.. as well as ladder type steps.

BTC rarely has waves.. except when there's a storm brewing.

Thanks I thought that I remembered the waters being calm around that area.

FYI, we were in Nassau two weeks ago.

We never got around to booking the Hilton ahead of time and just assumed we would be ok just walking up. There were 5 ships in port that day. We got off the ship early and was at the hotel by probably 10AM and we got turned away as the resort was full.

Please note, if you are set on going, make the reservations. We ended up at the free beach and had a nice day anyway, but was looking forward to the Hilton.

FYI, we were in Nassau two weeks ago.

We never got around to booking the Hilton ahead of time and just assumed we would be ok just walking up. There were 5 ships in port that day. We got off the ship early and was at the hotel by probably 10AM and we got turned away as the resort was full.

Please note, if you are set on going, make the reservations. We ended up at the free beach and had a nice day anyway, but was looking forward to the Hilton.

sorry to hear that you didn't get in to the Hilton, but glad to see that they are restricting the number of outsiders.

I'd hate to see this private heaven become another mass market playground for whiney kids.

It's paradise.. let's keep it that way.

Archived