Steakhouse on the first night

disneygirl1972

We have a Steakhouse reservation for the first night of our cruise. As a courtesy, should we go to the MDR & tell someone we will not be there that night, so our waiters & potential tablemates will not be waiting for us?

We will be in the middle of dining when our late-seating begins, so it would have to be before, while early-seating was in service.

We have a Steakhouse reservation for the first night of our cruise. As a courtesy, should we go to the MDR & tell someone we will not be there that night, so our waiters & potential tablemates will not be waiting for us?

We will be in the middle of dining when our late-seating begins, so it would have to be before, while early-seating was in service.

Just my opinion, I don't think one would need to inform the MDR of not showing up-be it the 1st night, or any night-they would start taking orders regardless, after a few minutes. Also, make sure to ask for your free bottle of wine at dinner in the Steakhouse-this is a perk, the 1st night only!:cool:

I wouldn't worry about it. I've never noticed the waiters waiting very long for late people.

We also have reservations for our group of 9 the first night, so we probably won't have any tablemates to explain to, but since our reservation is 15 minutes after our assigned dinner seating, one of us is going to swing by just to let the waiter know, as a courtesy. You certainly don't have to, but with us possibly being the majority of our waiter's guests on this cruise, we wanted to.

Just as you said," As a courtesy..." Yes, I would do that. It could avoid some trouble later if others wanted to change to your table because they thought you had changed seating or location.

Questions on the first night Free bottle of wine. #1-There are 6 of us. 3 couples, will each couple get a free bottle? #2 - if the bottles are not consumed in the dining room, will they let us take them with us? TIA

I believe you would need to have 3 separate reservations to get 3 bottles. Yes you could take your wine with you:)

We were given a free bottle of wine. Delicious.

the Carnival SteakHouses are the best at sea.they cost the most..and I guess you get what you pay for....

We have eaten in Holland America Supper Clubs..On Princess..The Crown Grill and Sabotinis

nothing outside of the speciality restaurants on NCL..hold a candle to them.

Archived