When you order multiple entrees or appetizers

AMAC86

that I leave CC for months at a time. Too many experts and people pushing their opinions. Time for a couple months off.

No, don't get a table for 2. Your other table mates would love for you to order 12 lobsters and then try to sneak some for themselves!

I don't really think it slows up the serving that much. Personally, I sometimes order 2 appetizers or such, or an extra entree for my wife and I to try something different.

Funny, when I first joined CC, I mentioned how nice it was on a cruise to be able to order an extra appetizer or meal to just try it. I used the word 'sample it'. Boy did I get the nasty posts from a couple of others accusing me of wasting food and driving the cost of a cruise up by over-ordering. One lady told me I should be ashamed not cleaning my plate every meal (and I guess every plate). The Host had to remove their posts after they got very nasty and one of them started a new thread about how selfish I was for wasting food. That one was removed and I didn't see him post again so I think he was banned at least for a while.

At first I was shocked at their reaction then realized that some people on these annonymous threads love to go crazy over the darndest things. I tried to lighten it up by pointing out one of the reasons I wasn't overweight (at least then!) was maybe because I didn't clean every plate put in front of me.....that didn't work out too well when they thought I was calling them fat (I guess I was).

Lesson learned. Roll with it on his forum. Enjoy your extra dish, and enjoy those 12 lobsters.

Den

...just off VOS, and i had TWO lobster tails and steak on "surf & turf night" and didnt care about anyone else. order what you want, but please eat it. i cant stand waste!

Yum on surf and turf. I wish Celebrity served cold water lobster tails though, rather than the warm. Still, glad to have it!

I'm surprised people found Carnival passengers so reticent to order seconds (or, based on one cruise, thirds).

DW and I were on four Carnival cruises and on each one at least one person would order seconds of something. The waiters seemed used to it, and no one at the table seemed to mind. On one cruise we sat with a wonderful couple. I can't remember what the entrees were, but I think the other man and I each ordered something, but both wanted roast beef (or was it steak) as well, so we ended up ordering one and spliting it between us.

On our Celebrity cruise in November, we sat with two couples in the main dining room and no one ever ordered a second entree. DW and I were discussing this after and she thought Celebrity gave bigger portions, so most people would find it too filling to order more.

On one night the dessert selection was above incredible, so we ordered one of everything and divided them among us.

One of the things I noticed on Carnival is that at the end of the cruise they try to get rid of food without wasting it. DW and I each asked for one of their famous lava cakes, and they insisted on bringing two for each of us. Our table mates, who were not light eaters, each took one, in addition to the desserts they already ordered.

Archived