Live From The Grand (Vista Suite)

john_galt

Smooth boarding and great room! The Vista Suite is just as described. Room steward has been very attentive. Got a visit from the Director of Hospitality (I think). I am ruined now. I'll never be able to sail in anything other than a suite again.

Peeked over at the balcony room next door. I was horrified at the tiny plastic table on the balcony. I can't imagine trying to have breakfast outside on the new furniture.

Suite has two loungers, drink table, and dining table with four chairs. Ultimate Balcony Dining scheduled for Monday and Wednesday.

Table mates at dinner were upgraded from a mini-suite to a Vista Suite. They said Princess called with the good news two days before the sailing. What a deal! They are overjoyed at the upgrade. :)

How wonderful that you are enjoying the Grand. DH and I will be on the Grand with friends Nov. We can't wait.

So sad that PCL has changed out the balcony furniture for those sailing on her now, but we have hopes that PCL will at least change the table to a full size before our cruise. (Via-PCL post on CC board).

Please continue with post about your cruise. Tell us all about the food, entertainment, etc. Thanks!

Smooth boarding and great room! The Vista Suite is just as described. Room steward has been very attentive. Got a visit from the Director of Hospitality (I think). I am ruined now. I'll never be able to sail in anything other than a suite again.

Peeked over at the balcony room next door. I was horrified at the tiny plastic table on the balcony. I can't imagine trying to have breakfast outside on the new furniture.

Suite has two loungers, drink table, and dining table with four chairs. Ultimate Balcony Dining scheduled for Monday and Wednesday.

Table mates at dinner were upgraded from a mini-suite to a Vista Suite. They said Princess called with the good news two days before the sailing. What a deal! They are overjoyed at the upgrade. :)

You are so right. There is no going back once you have had a wuite:)

We were in C751 on the Grand on one of the last true 14day Caribbean sailings. LOVED that room!! Now we are truly spoiled! Took a quickie cruise on RCI with a friend in a balcony room and was actually 'shocked' at how small the room was.

Decided we would try something different next time, so went with a suite on a river cruise. Doesn't that sound interesting?! :) We'll find out in October.

Hope you have just as much a wonderful cruise as we did!

Happy to hear you're having a great time! We just got off the Grand yesterday and had a VS on the Emerald Deck. If Edward is your room Steward tell him Mary and Brianna said hello.

We actually had a VS and the balcony next door, the table and chairs, I thought were quite nice compared to the plastic furniture that used to be on the balcony's.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Docked in Old San Juan. Just had UBD on the balcony. No wind since we don't leave San Juan until 10:000pm. We don't drink but they have the most wonderful alcohol free wine. It's called Ariel. I highly recommend the Blanc. All the taste and none of the hangover.

Internet time is free for Suite passengers. Apparently no limit on minutes.

I had better head back up to the balcony to watch the night sailing (always a treat).

I had the MDR menus delivered every day and I ordered a full meal from Room Service off the MDR menu last night. Delivered in less than 30 minutes. :) Life is good...

Docked in Old San Juan. Just had UBD on the balcony. No wind since we don't leave San Juan until 10:000pm. We don't drink but they have the most wonderful alcohol free wine. It's called Ariel. I highly recommend the Blanc. All the taste and none of the hangover.

Internet time is free for Suite passengers. Apparently no limit on minutes.

I had better head back up to the balcony to watch the night sailing (always a treat).

I had the MDR menus delivered every day and I ordered a full meal from Room Service off the MDR menu last night. Delivered in less than 30 minutes. :) Life is good...

Sounds wonderful! Look forward to your posts. Enjoy our Suite and cruise!

Finally made it to Sabatini's for breakfast and it was wonderful!

We docked at Havensight Mall in St. Thomas which was a pleasant surprise. I'm much more familiar with this dock.

Ordered from the 'extended' room service (MDR) menu last night.

Ultimate Balcony Dining again tonight.

Off to spend more hard earned money. Life is good. :)

We haven't been to Crooners. They have had a guitarist playing in the Piazza during the afternoon. Good but not great.

To tell the truth, the suite is so nice we spend most of our time in the room or on the huge balcony. We have either ordered from the extended (MDR) room service menu or had UBD every evening except the first night.

We have priority tender boarding tomorrow at Princess Cays. It will be interesting to see if it really saves any time. All other suite perks have been wonderful! We are spoiled rotten.

Got a good view of the NCL Epic yesterday while in St. Thomas. She is much more attractive in person. Does not photograph well.

We haven't been to Crooners. They have had a guitarist playing in the Piazza during the afternoon. Good but not great.

To tell the truth, the suite is so nice we spend most of our time in the room or on the huge balcony. We have either ordered from the extended (MDR) room service menu or had UBD every evening except the first night.

We have priority tender boarding tomorrow at Princess Cays. It will be interesting to see if it really saves any time. All other suite perks have been wonderful! We are spoiled rotten.

Got a good view of the NCL Epic yesterday while in St. Thomas. She is much more attractive in person. Does not photograph well.

Priority tendering will save you time. You just go on down to the tenders and show your tickets, most of the time they don't even ask for them! No need to stop at the lounge or restaurant where the others pick up their tickets. You already have yours!!!! Enjoy!

Sure wish they worked for getting back to the ship, you still have to stand in line. I recommend you find a spot in the shade near the tender area and wait for the line to go away! More time on the beach that way too!

Archived