Another Incident on Carnival

CRUISE4JANE

Did anyone hear about another incident on a Carnival Ship? My sister called (of course, she is not going) and said , "Did you hear about a fire on another Carnival Ship". I told her, " No, not yet". She said "Well what is wrong with Carnival Ships". I told her that I would rather go on a ship than a plane and also told her that don't you remember when you went on a plane from Disney World that had mechanical problems that they fixed but you still got on it. Needless to say, it seems like if someone is not going on the vacation with you, they will give you all kind of negative thoughts. She was suppose to go, but then said no. Frankly, I don't think she wanted to spend the money to go and is making my planning of my trip miserable. Isn't that sad? I also told her that other ships have problems also. Any comments?

Did anyone hear about another incident on a Carnival Ship? My sister called (of course, she is not going) and said , "Did you hear about a fire on another Carnival Ship". I told her, " No, not yet". She said "Well what is wrong with Carnival Ships". I told her that I would rather go on a ship than a plane and also told her that don't you remember when you went on a plane from Disney World that had mechanical problems that they fixed but you still got on it. Needless to say, it seems like if someone is not going on the vacation with you, they will give you all kind of negative thoughts. She was suppose to go, but then said no. Frankly, I don't think she wanted to spend the money to go and is making my planning of my trip miserable. Isn't that sad? I also told her that other ships have problems also. Any comments?

I know the feelilng...and that's all I'm going to say about that ;)

Don't even listen...tune her out...keep on planning and go and have a great time. Take lots of pictures of the great time you have and show her when you get back.

Unless she was talking about the costa allegra (which is owned by Carnival Corp) who ran adrift for 3 days because of a power outage due to a fire after the concordia incident.

Like others have said, Azamara had a fire and Azamara is own by Royal Caribbean. From the way you describe her, she sounds like a hater. Dust those haters off and enjoy your vacation.

There was a fire on an Azamara ship - perhaps she was confused. Or, she just likes to bash Carnival like tons of other people who have never sailed on them. :rolleyes:

Yep, she does say Carnival is the CHEAP cruise. She was going to book, but backed out because she said the cruise cost too much and I am not talking balcony like me, but OV or interior for her and she would have had 3 in her cabin. :rolleyes:

Like others have said, Azamara had a fire and Azamara is own by Royal Caribbean. From the way you describe her, she sounds like a hater. Dust those haters off and enjoy your vacation.

Yeahk, I guess she is :rolleyes:. If I say something is white, she will say it's black :(

Well, I heard on the news that some crew member on the Magic had to be evacuated via Helicopter since she had Pregenancy complications or something.

That IS true. I was on the Magic when it happened and my spa balcony room was on Deck 12 so I was up close and personal! It was very interesting to watch! They couldn't land, so they had to pull the patient up on a gurney. It went fine, but that would totally have freaked me out.

Well, I heard on the news that some crew member on the Magic had to be evacuated via Helicopter since she had Pregenancy complications or something.

Well let's go blaming that on Carnival too. My goldfish died. Can I blame that on them?

She is just trying to justify her decision not to go and if she had gone she would probably have made you miserable the whole cruise. Don't give her another thought! Go and have a great time!

She is just trying to justify her decision not to go and if she had gone she would probably have made you miserable the whole cruise. Don't give her another thought! Go and have a great time!

Hey Jeanie Long time no see

I have another cruise booked for November, and I have to deal with several non-cruisers at work who just cant believe I still want to cruise given " all thats went wrong with those cruise ships". Of course, I would go tomorrow if given the chance, as would most any other cruiser who has been bitten by the cruise bug and is hooked. Guess the uninformed non-cruisers can say what they want...they dont know what they are missing. Go and have a fantastic cruise...take lots of pics...and show the naysayers how much fun it is!!!:)

Archived