LIVE From the Jewel of the Seas 5 - 14 April 2012

There was a Mayan / Jade Museum in Costa Maya!

It was free and air conditioned and had some unusual stuff for sale. I liked the jade knife for about $400 but not enough to spend $400.

There were some interesting displays and I am glad we went. It took us about 25 minutes to tour the place.

DSCN5217.jpg

Last Post & Summary

- The Jewel is a beautiful ship and very well maintained

- Even with 950 kids on the ship, I can't recall seeing any of them doing anything really offensive or inappropriate. They were just doing what kids do best, having fun.

- There was a lot of inappropriate and offensive behavior from the adults. Mostly yelling from the outside dining area in the Windjammer to friends down on the pier or yelling across or up and down the Centrum.

- The same small group of drunks were on the pool deck, hanging out around the pool bar every night after dinner.

- Several crew members told us that this was the messiest group they could remember. On the second leg, the five night cruise, the crew had to pressure wash and clean the pool deck area early every morning because of food and drink spilled everywhere.

- Debarkation was really unorganized and needlessly slow.

- Shorter cruises tend to have more kids.

- Judith said that this was the best cruise she had been on. We met some great people and had fun hanging out and doing things with them.

That All For This Live Report Everyone!

Our next cruise will be on the Vision of the Seas for two back-to-back full transits of the Panama Canal sailing from Fort Lauderdale on 05-Oct-2012

Itinerary-West.gifItinerary-East.gif

Thanks for cruising along with us...

Our next cruise will be on the Vision of the Seas for two back-to-back full transits of the Panama Canal sailing from Fort Lauderdale on 05-Oct-2012

Wow, now that is a serious back to back. You should have lovely weather. Enjoy your Oct cruise. We enjoyed Jewel of the Seas thru you.

That would be a cool cruise.

Jim,

Great report, great pictures and it was so great that we had chance to cruise with you and Judith on the second leg of your B2B! :)

Thank you, you did a great job again! :) Looking forward for your next "Live" report from the B2B Panama Canal cruises!

Last Post & Summary

- The Jewel is a beautiful ship and very well maintained

- Even with 950 kids on the ship, I can't recall seeing any of them doing anything really offensive or inappropriate. They were just doing what kids do best, having fun.

- There was a lot of inappropriate and offensive behavior from the adults. Mostly yelling from the outside dining area in the Windjammer to friends down on the pier or yelling across or up and down the Centrum.

- The same small group of drunks were on the pool deck, hanging out around the pool bar every night after dinner.

- Several crew members told us that this was the messiest group they could remember. On the second leg, the five night cruise, the crew had to pressure wash and clean the pool deck area early every morning because of food and drink spilled everywhere.

- Debarkation was really unorganized and needlessly slow.

- Shorter cruises tend to have more kids.

- Judith said that this was the best cruise she had been on. We met some great people and had fun hanging out and doing things with them.

Always enjoy the cruise reports that you post, as well as those from Radio. Do agree that the Jewel is a beautiful ship, one of our favorites

I'm typing this form your Palm Coast as we are checking out this area to leave the snow behind!!! (it seems nice)

Paula,

I think that one of the big "secrets" to cruising is to explore the ship as soon as you can after you board.

You can get a "map" of the ship from Guest Relations.

And be sure to go all of the way to the back of the Windjammer to eat in the open air dining area.

We will definitely we eating outside in the windjammer! We are going on a 12 night Baltic cruise.The weather may be cool but being English it's never stopped us before. We will layer on the woolies and go and enjoy the sea breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived