Ships of Shame - Sixty Minutes

Glad you admit others hated that cruise. They werent compensated enough for a broken down ship. As I said some people were given cash refunds and others were not. Dont push your luck or I will publish those letters on here!

On this particular forum there is an extremely small minority of cruisers. The people on this forum probably represent something like .01% of all people that cruise so comments by others on here hardly reflect what the majority things and what most people are prepared to tolerate.

Then there is that rather elaborate report that someone on the exact same cruise wrote and published I believe it was kroozers or something like that. I saw that report and there were people who thought it was fake despite how elaborate and formatted it was.

1 Yep, there were apparently a small group of rude, obnoxious, low class people harassing the hapless staff who did not enjoy their cruise. I guess your family were amongst those. The rest of the passengers just used their OBC for the missed ports to buy a few cocktails and enjoy the extra entertainment on the extra day of their cruise.

2 Honestly Sutho,I have no idea why you tell me to not to push my luck it's not about me:confused: if you want to post your photos, letters from total strangers and anything else you have feel free, go for you life, I couldn't care less.

3 I am glad you were so impressed and give so much weight to correct setting out and formatting in a cruise review. Cruise reviews should be assessed on content, it's not the neatest correct entry that is the best review.

Glad you admit others hated that cruise. They werent compensated enough for a broken down ship. As I said some people were given cash refunds and others were not. Dont push your luck or I will publish those letters on here!

Unless the ship losses complete power or runs aground and sinks, passengers should not get any refund unless they miss a port, which it seems as if everyone did get that. The ship breaking down doesn't have anything to do with the enjoyment of the passengers onboard. If you read the T&C you will see that they cover themselves in the case that the ship breaks down. For the people who got a refund, how would you even know what actually might of happened to them. They could of en counted some situations that made them entitled to the refund. Also stop threatening to publish those letters, people have asked you to do it, or don't you even have them.

Also any ship breaks down at sea. When I was on the Oasis of the Seas, we lost complete power for an hour and when we got power again, the engines only could go at half cruising speed. As for the sewerage that's cause by passengers as others have said.

You can't criticise something unless you have actually experienced it. Plus you might not always no what's happening in a brothel, they may just be playing cards.

Sutho......Ok.... I have been on Princess USA, Princess Aust, P & O UK, Celebrity and P & O Aust. I have been on both Pacific Dawn and Pacific Sun and I have to tell you that there is nothing wrong with Pacific Sun. We had a great time on her, sure she might be getting on in life but no-one cared and to tell you the truth, I preferred her over the Pacific Dawn.

If you had actually been on the Pacific Sun, Sutho, you would have more credence in your argument but YOU HAVEN'T so you have no first hand experience and everything you are saying is heresay, so, of course everyone is going to treat everything you say as a joke. The P & O Australia bashing needs to stop. If you don't want to cruise on any of P & O Australia's ships that is your perogative but don't keep going on about stuff that you don't have any first hand knowledge about. You are coming across as a tosser.

Hi Steve, thanks for chiming in with your story. :) You're definitely right about the bad stories overshadowing the good ones. Pacific Sun has had 7 good years here in Australia and a lot of happy customers. It's just a shame this one cruise keeps being brought up again and again.

Hi Steve, thanks for chiming in with your story. :) You're definitely right about the bad stories overshadowing the good ones. Pacific Sun has had 7 good years here in Australia and a lot of happy customers. It's just a shame this one cruise keeps being brought up again and again.

One cruise coming up again and again by one person. This hardly means it is a bad ship or a bad company.

Sutho you threaten that we will "make you' post the letters. Seems a strange comment to me - are you worried that you may get into legal trouble if you post them? If so stop threatening to post them. We can not make you do anything you do not want to because if we could I would make you cruise on the Pacific Sun and I would film you 24/7 to make sure that you did not smile once or even remotely look like you were having a good time. Give it up while you are ahead I say.

It'd be a bit if a bugger if they cancelled the show after all these posts. Hahaha

Ohhhhhhhh toooooooo funny! That was the first laugh I've had all day. I THOUGHT this was a comedy thread! By the way, what time is Sixty Minutes aired? :D

No but to be able to credibly review or have an opinion on the activities one would have to actually personally try the goods on offer.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tony twice you have have threatened to post damning photos etc on here so either get on with it or over it...........also if things were so horrific, either cruise, why didn't your family or YOU for that matter, seeing you appear to have been quite traumatized, trot on down to Slater and Gordon for a free assessment on whether legal action was an option.....:confused::confused::confused:

P&O have its own chat area....didnt we establish this one to get away from P&O lovers/haters....take it back to P&O chat..

The ship didn't actually breakdown though (it's not like they were stuck in the middle of the ocean with no engines). They had engines and the ship was still moving and they were going to miss Christchurch anyway, regardless of any engine trouble. Everyone still cruised! I don't get why people who still cruised (still ate and enjoyed the entertainment and facilities) and visited many ports in NZ, deserved any refund. If they had broken down in the middle of the Pacific, missed all the ports and had to sleep up on deck due to no a/c and had to eat nothing but sandwiches, I could understand why a refund would be necessary.

The cruise is part of the experience though, not the entirety of it. Some people may choose a cruise just because of the ship, and others because of the destinations (otherwise they'd all go to the same place!). Remember the complaints about that cruise to nowhere that actually didn't go anywhere..? :-)

I do think it's reasonable for compensation to be provided when intended ports of call are not visited. It doesn't mean a full refund, but I don't agree with the practice of some lines just to ignore it either.

I do think it's reasonable for compensation to be provided when intended ports of call are not visited.

I don't agree with that. They clearly state that itinerary can change due to certain issues and you should read the T&C before you book.

On our PD Maiden Voyage cruise, we missed Mystery Island because it was too rough. It was disappointing but nothing could be done about it. On our next cruise we were supposed to go to Ouvea which I was really looking forward to as we had never been and it looked beautiful. Two days before we left, we got a message saying we would be going to Lifou instead due to the wharf at Ouvea still not fixed after being damaged in a storm. Lifou is a lovely place but we had already been there. Again, disappointing but what can you do?? On that same cruise, our first stop was supposed to be Suva. However, two days out we had really bad weather, had to slow right down, lost so much time we couldn't go to Suva. On our next cruise, we ended up leaving a day late due to problems on the previous cruise. We knew we were going to miss a port and I prayed that it wouldn't be Champagne Bay (the main reason we booked that cruise). Fortunately it wasn't but even if it had..........again, would have been disappointing but hey.......things happen. The only compensation/refund we received out of those was one nights refund for the cruise that was shortened. AND......that's all I expected out of any of them.

Which was that?

My mother was on this P&O "cruise". It set off from Auckland, sort of, after a couple of days of having not moved from the embarkation wharf it moved to an adjoining wharf about 200 meters away, and a couple of days after that they let passengers off.

I go past these wharves everyday and it was mildly entertaining to see the ship having not moved day after day. While the ship was berthed passengers were not allowed to disembark. That would have been pretty annoying I'm sure.

My mother got a 100% credit and a free flight to pick-up the rest of the holiday in Brisbane.

But to be fair - this was a P&O Australia cruise and frankly passengers should have been happy since to expect more from them is just silly.

My mother was on this P&O "cruise". It set off from Auckland, sort of, after a couple of days of having not moved from the embarkation wharf it moved to an adjoining wharf about 200 meters away, and a couple of days after that they let passengers off.I go past these wharves everyday and it was mildly entertaining to see the ship having not moved day after day. While the ship was berthed passengers were not allowed to disembark. That would have been pretty annoying I'm sure.My mother got a 100% credit and a free flight to pick-up the rest of the holiday in Brisbane.

But to be fair - this was a P&O Australia cruise and frankly passengers should have been happy since to expect more from them is just silly.

I vaguely remember that incident. Wasn't it something to do with the fact that everyone had cleared Immigration and Customs, but then the ship never moved off. I dont think the Authorities knew what to do with them or how to handle that situation.

Problems can happen to anyone.....:rolleyes:

NoahsArk.jpg

Not religious but LOVE IT Nevertheless

TO Sutho-

give Pacific Sun a break- you have never been on it- and never likely to.

We have been on Pcaific Sun twice and both times were fine.

Yep - it didn't move until the berth was needed for another cruise ship and they just towed it to the nearest container wharf. It was the Pacific Star - a truly terrible ship but par-for-the-course for P&O Australia.
Sutho...? Is that you...?

Sutho...? Is that you...?

Haha looks like someone cant hack it when more people criticise anything to do with P&O Australia!

I said what I felt about the situation and there was no need for me to say any further about it. As I said in the first post some people are so fragile they cant accept critisism about a particular cruise line.

Who cares! Big deal! My favourite ship just happens to be Aurora - I cant give a care in the world about it when people criticise it.

I said what I felt about the situation and there was no need for me to say any further about it. As I said in the first post some people are so fragile they cant accept critisism about a particular cruise line.

Hallelujah, I am glad you said that (I sincerely hope you mean it) because, I for one am totally sick of hearing about the same thing over and over again.:rolleyes:

Hallelujah, I am glad you said that (I sincerely hope you mean it) because, I for one am totally sick of hearing about the same thing over and over again.:rolleyes:

Like I said I said what I have to say.

1.) I think anyone is free to criticise any ship or line

2.) I think anyone is free to praise their favourites when they do well.

3.) No one has the right to mock, or tell other people their opinion is wrong.

My observations of P&O Australia are based upon having sailed on three of their ships. It is a truly terrible cruise-line and now that there are meaningful alternatives in this part of the World there is no chance I will ever sail with them again.

The only way to positively rate a P&O cruise must surely be to have nothing to compare it against.

Archived