I can't be the ONLY one who does this.....

Stevie17

Does anyone else check to see what other ships are embarking on the same day/same port as your ship? Also, do you try to figure out ahead of time what other ships will be in the various ports with you? I love knowing ahead of time what other ships I'm going to see...you just never know what one you might end up on next!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;4;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until 9 nights of pure joy in the Southern Caribbean!!!

NCL Spirit - February 2005

Grand Princess - May 2003

NCL Sun - May 2002

NCL Sea - May 2000

Yes, we do that, too! We got a real treat recently when we sailed on the Dawn the same day the 2 Cunard Queens were leaving on their tandem crossing.

Now, if only we could tour other ships that are in port with us - that would be fantastic. We'd even pay for the privilege - a new kind of shore excursion. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevie17:

Also, do you try to figure out ahead of time what other ships will be in the various ports with you?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yup, I definitely do this. And when I discover that Grand Cayman is a 6 ship, 15,000 passenger day, I stay on my ship. icon_biggrin.gif

Jewel of the Seas 1-3 May 2004 - see my review here, and my photos here.

Yes, I did this on our recent Alaska cruise. I originally checked the port schedules to see how busy the towns would be. I realize now that it was also a good indicator that we might have to tender, which we did. And, it was nice to have a printed schedule to help in identifying the different ships.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I just printed the list yesterday and highlighted all of the ships who will be in port with us for our week in Alaska and it is with my other papers to take with us.

Luanne

Norwegian Star June 20,2004

I don't do it all the time, but I did do it last year when we cruised Alaska so I'd know how busy the ports would be as it helped with planning and where to start in port. It also came in handy during the review as I already had the info for the review on hand.

KLC

UPCOMING CRUISES:

---------------------

PRIDE OF ???????-HAWAII (01/05)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;01;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

PREVIOUS CRUISES

-------------------------

RCI's Monarch of the Seas (01/04)

Star Princess (6/03)

RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas (4/01)

Carnival's Ecstasy (6/96)

RCI's Viking Serenade (1/94)

My DH and I are addicted to this obsession too! We always take pictures of the other ships in port. These shots have come in handy for reference later on in making our cabin selections on ships that we've "seen" previously. Glad to learn there are other people out there like us!

We, too, were privileged to have seen both of the "Queens" in NYC this past April when we sailed on the DAWN. We didn't know this at the time we booked that cruise...an entire year in advance...but were thrilled when we checked the port schedule several months before our cruise. Of course, we took the "required" pictures of the QM2 for future reference! icon_wink.gif

Debjo

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

PACIFIC PRINCESS-Bermuda 2002

REGAL EMPRESS-New England/Canada 2001

to globaliser-

you should take the tender to the dock anyway and come right back to the ship just to get great pix of those other ships!

"live long and prosper...so you may cruise!"

Skyward/Starward/Carla Costa/Meridian x3/Enchanted Isle x5/Enchanted Seas/Horizon x2/Zenith/Galaxy/Norway x3/Nor.Sun x2/Nor. Wind/Nor. Majesty/Nordic Prince/Oceanbreeze x3/Seabreeze x2/Seawind Crown/Islandbreeze

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by albertiger:

to globaliser-

you should take the tender to the dock anyway and come right back to the ship just to get great pix of those other ships!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, sometimes I do cheat and go over to the Internet cafe ashore anyway - and, yes, take pictures if the light and the air are good, but often they aren't.

Jewel of the Seas 1-3 May 2004 - see my review here, and my photos here.

Absolutely!

For one, we want to take as many pictures of other ships as we can.

Also, the spreadsheets (yes, I'll admit it) have been particulary useful in planning our trips to Alaska. If you're one of the few ships in port, book excursions on your own. If it's a traffic jam, lean toward the ship's menu.

Albertiger...how are you since the Galaxy in March? Nice to see you on the boards. I remember you're an NCL fan.

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04; QM2 - 5/04; Voyager of the Seas - 5/04

Archived