Review of Black Cherry for Swollen Feet/Ankles

Has anybody tried using the sauna or steam room to put the swelling at bay? I started using the sauna at my gym, and I've noticed a huge difference in inflammation. I'm going to try it on the cruise...hoping it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Started taking the black cherry capsules two weeks prior to our PC cruise and noticed no swelling on flights or cruise. Very pleased!

Also had bought a bottle for a friend going to Hawaii to spend a week (not cruise). She reported no swelling even though past long flights had been awful for her. She's now a fan.

Probably won't take them regularly due to price but will always take them before and during future trips. So very thankful to the original person who suggested them (Sorry....forgot who and even think it was on another thread).

Has anybody tried using the sauna or steam room to put the swelling at bay? I started using the sauna at my gym, and I've noticed a huge difference in inflammation. I'm going to try it on the cruise...hoping it helps.

Never thought of that. Even if it doesn't work - at least I'll be relaxed.

M

I have a water pill I do not take on cruises because I am afraid of dehydrating myself. ( I drink more alcohol than water) does the black cherry pill also dehydrate if you do not drink enough water?

I live in the humidity capital of the world:rolleyes:...and my feet NEVER

swell here at home....I don't belive the humidity has anything to do

with it..........I am in Florida and it is always humid here.

I am from New Orleans area, very humid. My feet never swell. I would hope that everyone taking this black cherry stuff checks with their doctor before taking it.

I am from New Orleans area, very humid. My feet never swell. I would hope that everyone taking this black cherry stuff checks with their doctor before taking it.

Why? I have been taking them for about 4 days now...no side

effects. It is an over the counter supplement. I take no other meds

at all....nothing...so it doesn't mix with anything else.

I did not call my Dr and don't plan to.....

• 3 weeks later...
They did not help me anyway........

I was disappointed that they did not help me either; however, I do think they have made a small difference in the arthritis in my knees:).

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise in October and have purchased a drink package so my plan is to get my money's worth and drink tons of bottled water. I usually drink a lot of the ship's water, and theoretically, that should not cause a problem but this will be my experiment.:D I don't have swelling problems on the plane, it usually starts a few days after boarding the ship. So we shall see!

Sherri:)

I was disappointed that they did not help me either; however, I do think they have made a small difference in the arthritis in my knees:).

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise in October and have purchased a drink package so my plan is to get my money's worth and drink tons of bottled water. I usually drink a lot of the ship's water, and theoretically, that should not cause a problem but this will be my experiment.:D I don't have swelling problems on the plane, it usually starts a few days after boarding the ship. So we shall see!

Hi Sherri, which ship and itinerary?:)....I wasn't going to go into

the whole thing but will now...ok...my feet did swell on the long fight

to Rome but I just didn't care.....by the time we arrived I knew

I was doing this wonderful cruise. Driver picked me up at the airport

and off we went to my B&B. I had a Private Tour booked (FABULOUS)

and we walked, walked and walked some more....the only thing

I noticed (I mentioned this in another thread titled ****MY

EXPERIENCE***) was a callous on my heel:eek:....and maybe I just

didn't see any feet swelling or it really did not happen.

I noticed it a bit on the cruise...but we were on tours almost every

day....Athens, Turkey, etc....and maybe all that walking really

helped and I did not swell too much on the ship....yes, somewhat

but not what I consider ALOT.

I also put a pillow at the end of the bed and tried to fall asleep with

my feet propped up.

Now, as for that flight home? They got swollen on it....I noticed it

immediately:rolleyes:.....

Hi Sherri, which ship and itinerary?:)....I wasn't going to go into

the whole thing but will now...ok...my feet did swell on the long fight

to Rome but I just didn't care.....by the time we arrived I knew

I was doing this wonderful cruise. Driver picked me up at the airport

and off we went to my B&B. I had a Private Tour booked (FABULOUS)

and we walked, walked and walked some more....the only thing

I noticed (I mentioned this in another thread titled ****MY

EXPERIENCE***) was a callous on my heel:eek:....and maybe I just

didn't see any feet swelling or it really did not happen.

I noticed it a bit on the cruise...but we were on tours almost every

day....Athens, Turkey, etc....and maybe all that walking really

helped and I did not swell too much on the ship....yes, somewhat

but not what I consider ALOT.

I also put a pillow at the end of the bed and tried to fall asleep with

my feet propped up.

Now, as for that flight home? They got swollen on it....I noticed it

immediately:rolleyes:.....

We are going on the Century to Hawaii. I am very excited about it as I really like older, smaller ships although it seems strange not to be going on RC :D. We did a TA from Rome in November and spent 2 days before our cruise walking around Rome, had a great time!

I do wonder if part of my swelling problem on the ships is due to the sodium in the food. I am really careful about sodium intake at home and I've noticed on our last few cruises that a lot of the food tastes salty to me.

I live in the humidity capital of the world:rolleyes:...and my feet NEVER swell here at home....I don't belive the humidity has anything to do with it..........I am in Florida and it is always humid here.

I am from New Orleans area, very humid. My feet never swell.

Third humidity capital here, Baltimore, never any swelling.

I do not believe it has anything to do with the humidity. I am sure someone may take this the wrong way, but how athletic the people who are having the swelling? I have been in Korea 2 years and I do not have a car so I walk everywhere. Mostly everyone has to. Between two roommates who struggle to keep up with me, they both had severe feet/ankle/leg swelling their first few weeks here from all of the walking, no elevator and going up six flights of stairs to our place (4th floor, but two sets of outside stairs to get to the building.) Could it be that while you are on the cruise you are more active than normal which is causing the swelling?

http://footcare.ygoy.com/2007/10/17/tips-to-treat-swollen-feet/

I do not believe it has anything to do with the humidity. I am sure someone may take this the wrong way, but how athletic the people who are having the swelling? I have been in Korea 2 years and I do not have a car so I walk everywhere. Mostly everyone has to. Between two roommates who struggle to keep up with me, they both had severe feet/ankle/leg swelling their first few weeks here from all of the walking, no elevator and going up six flights of stairs to our place (4th floor, but two sets of outside stairs to get to the building.) Could it be that while you are on the cruise you are more active than normal which is causing the swelling?

I work out intensely 13-14 hours a week. I live in Chicago, so I walk many places. I take stairs when available. I sit on a ball at work. I have the VO2 Max of a professional athlete. My feet don't swell due to being in poor shape.

I believe there are many gals who have posted who do work out

at home so that theory?:confused: It may be true for some people but I believe

everyone's body is different and so there is not 1 cause for everyone.

Archived