Orlando Transfer and Dream Questions

Hot Nail

Im taking my wife and 2 daughters on the Dream in 5 weeks. This will be my kids first cruise. I think Im more excited for them than they are.

Questions.....what is the best and cheapest way for us to get to Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport? Also, any advice for my girls on the cruise for other parents who have taken their kids. Thanks a million.

SORRY.....I REPOSTED ON ACCIDENT!

Shuttles are the most expensive, because they charge per person.

I have booked for our upcoming cruise from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral Town Car Now (www.towncarnow.com) private SUV transportation for $240 round trip (we have 5 people so have to have the SUV instead of the towncar), but a towncar for 4 passengers is available for $220 round trip. It comes out to be similar to what would be paid for a taxi, you get a private well kept vehicle, your driver has been reserved for your timeframe and meets you and assists you with your luggage, a free quick stop at grocery/convenience store is included at no cost. I looked into a couple taxi services and the charges would be similar. A friend has used them before and was happy with their service, and so far Ive had great customer service in making the reservation and them answering my questions.

We are a family of 5 and I booked Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Cost is $85 + $1/per person port fee NOT including gratuity which is up to us (some places auto charge a 20% gratuity). This is one way as we are renting a car on the return. It will be a shared shuttle. I did a lot of searching and this was the cheapest I came up with except for renting a car. But even renting a car fri-sat in the end is only about $10-20 cheaper depending on size car you need.

I am also sailing the Dream in a few weeks. Orlando Airport,renting a mid-size car (hotwire)

167 for 8 days. Driving to the port, parking 42 for 7 days. Total right over 200.

Then you can stop at CVS OR Walmart and pick up last minute supplies. Happy sailing.

Rental car companies in Orlando do not charge for the one way fee. You rent a car at the airport, drop it off in Cocoa Beach; the rental car company shuttles you to the port. They pick you up after the cruise and take you back to their company to get another one way rental back to the Orlando Airport.

How old are the kids? Any advise will be different based on ages.

High School age have them check out Club 02 the first night or even in check in area. Most of the time they won't go back to Club 02 but will hang out on their own

I have Cocoa Beach Shuttle booked for next Friday. The price on their webpage is total - not per person. My family of 4 is $75 total one way plus tip.

They were the lowest I could find with good reviews. (Did see one company for $5 less but couldn't find much info on them)

Also, incase anyone is intested, when we get off the Dream we are going to Universal. CBS rate for that was $130 which includes the tip.

It's my first time using them. I'll try to remember to come back and post how the service was.

We use Travelynx and it is a shared shuttle. They are great and very reasonably priced. We use them to take us from our home to the port and back. We have had some of the group traveling go back to the airport and others back to our house.

You can get info on prices at travelynx.net. Check them out!

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle last year. If you mention cruise critics they will give you 10% off your total bill. They picked us up at MCO and brought us to the Radision at the Port the day before we cruised the Dream. We also had them pick us up at the Radision and bring us to the port for $4.00 a piece.

You will have a blast on the Dream. Loved the ship! Have a great cruise.:):p:p;)

Im taking my wife and 2 daughters on the Dream in 5 weeks. This will be my kids first cruise. I think Im more excited for them than they are.

Questions.....what is the best and cheapest way for us to get to Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport? Also, any advice for my girls on the cruise for other parents who have taken their kids. Thanks a million.

How old are your daughters? One hint, if they like video games, take $$$$ for the arcade!

How old are your daughters? One hint, if they like video games, take $$$$ for the arcade!

My daughters are 9 and 7. Also thank you fall of the advice. It sounds like Cocoa Beach Shuttle is the best overall value for a family of 4.

We are in Cocoa Beach right now to gt ready to board the Dream in a little while. I arranged a Jeep Escape for $65 total including fees using a coupon from Mousesavers. Pick up in Orlando Airport. We used Budget and signed up of their free FASTBREAK card. You just have to go across the street to pick up car from booth. We will be dropping off at the location at Port Canaveral. Thy will shuttle us back we refund to do the same thing all over again. Another $65 an we are back to the airport. Plus you can stop at the store for your water/soda/wine.

Jordan

After waiting for an hour at the airport for Cocoa Beach Shuttle, I am finally sitting in the shuttle. We called them 3 times and each time was told they would be there any minute. The Happy Traveler Shuttle was there waiting for her passengers almost as long as I was waiting for my ride. She offered to take us for $52 one way (2 people). When she was leaving, she offered to take us for FREE since she was going there anyway and we had already paid CBS. We called CBS to see if we could cancel since we had been waiting so long and were told they would still charge us!!!! For what?! Our time?!

Stay away from Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Next time I will call The Happy Traveler Shuttle!

Rental car companies in Orlando do not charge for the one way fee. You rent a car at the airport, drop it off in Cocoa Beach; the rental car company shuttles you to the port. They pick you up after the cruise and take you back to their company to get another one way rental back to the Orlando Airport.

This is how we do it when we cruise out of Port Canaveral, it's the least expensive and easiest for us. We don't need expensive cars to pick us up and drop us off and we can stop wherever we like!!!

Carole

We went on the Dream last year and used Happy Limo. Excellent service,

driver was at the airport waiting for us was very helpful (we had a group

of 10) so we had a van, and all our luggage. He took us to our hotel

since we came in a day early but was right on time when I called for

him to pick us up after the cruise also. Would definatley recommend.

I think they had cars and vans for any number of people though.

we used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in January...it was $58 one way for the two of us...I think that was the best price-wise...the shuttle was there to pick us up right after we landed...there were two other people who were also in the van with us ready to go...the problem was that there were at least two other people the driver was waiting on...she ended up waiting at least 30 minutes for them and they never showed up :mad: the four of us waiting in the van were miffed and didn't think the driver should have waited that long for the others...other than that hold-up, the service was ok, and I would still probably use them again

I will recommend you the service of LuxTransO - local transportation service. They offer quality service and friendly attitude at flat rates. You can check their rates and send them a query on http://www.luxtranso.com/

Archived