FLL To PE - Cab & Pier Question

shuttlebuggy

What is the "average " rate to plan on from the airport to the pier???

Secondly, is the Eurodam always at pier 26?? If not how do we tell the cab driver which pier?

I checked my express docs but they only give all the pier numbers HAL uses.

Thanks for the help!;)

Thanks Peter!

Appreciate the info!

One more question if I may...

I can't remember which CC I registered to be used onboard - can I review that info on check in and change it with them if need be?

I think you should be able to check it anytime by logging on to HAL as if you are doing your online check-in.

Thanks Peter!

Appreciate the info!

I can't remember which CC I registered to be used onboard - can I review that info on check in and change it with them if need be?

yes you can - (go into your express docs as Peter as suggested) if you click edit (but don't change anything) it will show the card number (at least it did) or at least the last 4 digits which will enable you to identify it. If you want to change the cc you can do that too.

$12 to $15 before tip if the driver takes the most direct route straight in Eller Drive, but sometimes they pad the fare a bit by taking the 24th St. Northport entrance and then back down to the Midport area.

I believe you can't change your registered credit card or anything else on-line in the last 48 hours before sailing, so you may now have to do that at the check-in desk or on board.

Finally, the Eurodam is scheduled to be a pier 26 tomorrow. You can tell your cabbie pier 26 rather than just the ship name so he'll know you know he shouldn't be going to the Northport area first. :)

Thanks Peter!

Appreciate the info!

I see that your cruise leaves on the 7th.

You will have to wait until you get to the pier to change the credit card you want to use.

Have a great cruise.

You can change your credit card at check in.

There is a big board at the entrance to Port Everglades that lists all cruise ships in that day and what dock they are at. Your cab driver will know where to take you. Just look up and you'll see your ship. It's awfully hard to hid these big ships. :)

Have a great time.

OP may not be reading any more but I wanted to pass this on. We took a cab from the airport to the pier, and had just dropped a rental car off at the airport (no shuttle from our car company :( ). I told the driver to take the first exit and he didn't. Told him flat out that I wanted to go that way and there would be no tip for him if he didn't. he didn't, claimed it was shorter/the same to go the ling way. fare was $20.

Just a note so people aren't surprised if cabbie ignores your directions. I guess they figure most people will relent and give them a tip. We knew to use the first exit because we had dropped our luggage off earlier that morning.

happy sailing,

ML

I believe its listed for all ships at the entrance to the port.

You are correct Peter.

HAL ships are usually at Pier 26. It's a pretty safe bet, of course, that is subject to change, based on Port operations.

You all are the BEST! That is why I love this board so much!!!

We have been packed for 2 days and of course finding other things to put in and some to take out!

We are thrilled to bits to take this voyage!!

Wish Cliff & I (Mary) luck as we coordinate and host our very first Meet & Mingle!

Guess we jumped in both feet :)

But you have to start somewhere!

I will TRY to be as far aft & port as we can for sailaway.

Ready to Sail:D

My first post!

According to http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-fort-lauderdale-florida.html :

Pier 2: Princess

Pier 3: MSC

Pier 18: Royal Caribbean

Pier 19: Princess

Pier 21: Carnival Cruise Line

Pier 25: various cruise lines

Pier 26: Holland America Line

Pier 29: various cruise lines

Port Map: http://www.cruisetimetables.com/maps/fort-lauderdale-cruise-port-map-large.jpg

So if there is only one HAL ship in port, it'll be Pier 26.

My first post!

According to http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-fort-lauderdale-florida.html :

Port Map: http://www.cruisetimetables.com/maps/fort-lauderdale-cruise-port-map-large.jpg

First off welcome to Cruise Critic Quanta. Yes and no, sometimes there are two Hal ships in port but not to fear, the taxi cab driver know everything. Just tell them which ship your on. Like the Westerdam or the Noordam, etc..

My first post!

Congratulations on your first post and welcome to Cruise Critic!

Archived