Barcelona hotel--Husa chain?

• 2 weeks later...

The Hotel International Cool is a Husa hotel. It is a great location on Las Ramblas across from the opera house. We stayed there in February. The room was a bit small, (not much larger than a standard cabin on ship), but otherwise fine. We did get a great rate though.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm still undecided about where to stay, but now I'm thinking it may not necessarily be a Husa hotel. Thanks to Tripomatic (I think that's the website), I've seen where all the attractions that I want to visit are located, as well as some of the area hotel names. I have about a year and a half to decide, and to do the research on these places.

We just returned from Barcelona, stayed at the Avenida Palace Hotel one night prior to a cruise. Loved the hotel, got a very, very good deal. Breakfast was overpriced at 19€ pp so we declined. The location is perfect but if you are a light sleeper, there is some rumbling noise from the metro underneath.

My husband and I are looking at Barcelona in October and I found a Marriott Hotel that we are considering. It's the Renaissance Airport. It's 160 Euros per night but has a free shuttle from the airport, free shuttle to the city center, includes breakfast and a free shuttle to the ship. How does this compare price wise with what anyone else has experienced or found?

I haven't been to Europe in literally 30 years (never Spain) and my husband has never been. I think I'm considering this hotel simply because it's part of the Marriott chain and that's something I'm familiar with. I don't want to miss out on any of the culture but...

Any thoughts?

Stayed at The Renaissance hotel a couple of years ago(1 night pre cruise) Very nice hotel but would only stay there 1 night as it is long way from the centre of Barcelona and there is nothing around the hotel ( its a commercial area). The shuttle from the airport/to the cruise port worked very well. We had "executive lounge access" which was great and saved a fortune on drinks/snacks/breakfast! I think you can use public transport to Barcelona as there is a bus stop near and of course the free shuttle. I think you need to be staying in the centre if you treally want to experience "the real" Barcelona, but for a one nighter would recommend. Happy Cruising!- Kevin

I highly recommend Hotel 1898 in Barcelona if you can fit it into your budget - I can't say enough wonderful things about it and it was worth every penny when I stayed there last fall. Very comfortable beds, lovely room and hotel decor, lovely rooftop lounge (drinks and food), pool on the roof (seasonal) and in the basement (all year), and a perfect location near sights and transit. Really exceptional.

Stayed at The Renaissance hotel a couple of years ago(1 night pre cruise) Very nice hotel but would only stay there 1 night as it is long way from the centre of Barcelona and there is nothing around the hotel ( its a commercial area). The shuttle from the airport/to the cruise port worked very well. We had "executive lounge access" which was great and saved a fortune on drinks/snacks/breakfast! I think you can use public transport to Barcelona as there is a bus stop near and of course the free shuttle. I think you need to be staying in the centre if you treally want to experience "the real" Barcelona, but for a one nighter would recommend. Happy Cruising!- Kevin

Great thoughts! Thanks!

Archived