Disney Cruise Lines website sucks !!

Gary from PA

Why do we have to fill in the reservation number to retrieve a cruise booking?

It is a pain to find the number from the emails and then fill it in the dashboard page especially if you have multiple cruises booked.

Why cannot DCL just list the cruises booked under my reservations as soon as you login with your email address and date of birth ?

Very poorly designed website, they need a new AND better website designer .:mad:

They should learn from the Expedia website , where all your reservations are listed under "My Itineraries."

Shame on Disney for having such a lousy website

It adds an extra level of security. I think it's a good idea. Just create a separate folder for your various cruises and move the mails with the reservation number into them so you can find it in a flash.

It adds an extra level of security. I think it's a good idea. Just create a separate folder for your various cruises and move the mails with the reservation number into them so you can find it in a flash.

Then why not add a password instead of date of birth ?

I have had ten thousand dollars worth of itineraries listed on Expedia with only the email and password to log in.

Why do I have to retrive each individual reservations seperately ?

What security ? From someone adding his name to my reservation ?:rolleyes:

If you click on the Castaway Club tab on the website, you can retrieve all your reservation info - past and future - without having to jump through all the hoops. You only need to log in to the site first.

Since you've already cruised on DCL (judging from your signature), you are automatically enrolled in Castaway Club.

Can't get much simpler than that.

I have had ten thousand dollars worth of itineraries listed on Expedia with only the email and password to log in.

No, someone cancelling your reservation or moving it to a travel agent who you didn't want it moved to.

If you click on the Castaway Club tab on the website, you can retrieve all your reservation info - past and future - without having to jump through all the hoops. You only need to log in to the site first.

Since you've already cruised on DCL (judging from your signature), you are automatically enrolled in Castaway Club.

Can't get much simpler than that.

Thanks for the tip, Much apreciated !!

I am still sort of a newbie with only one Disney cruise done, but have two more lined up :p

No, someone cancelling your reservation or moving it to a travel agent who you didn't want it moved to.

Theoretical possibility:rolleyes:

But I have Airlines , Hotels, and Rental cars reservations on Expedia for the last ten years with not a single problem. In fact their "My Itinerary" page was further improved recently and is one of the easiest and best to navigate :)

When it comes to navigating it is inferior to most of the lines we have cruised on. I don't have a big problem with the things the OP was complaining about.

What I do have a problem with is not being able to order onboard gifts and shore excursions from the site. They apparently require you to fax in a form or call them for that. Am I missing something or did I wake up in 1997?

When it comes to navigating it is inferior to most of the lines we have cruised on. I don't have a big problem with the things the OP was complaining about.

What I do have a problem with is not being able to order onboard gifts and shore excursions from the site. They apparently require you to fax in a form or call them for that. Am I missing something or did I wake up in 1997?

On my last Dream cruise , I booked the onshore excursions from the website, dashboard.

And if your future cruise is booked directly with DCL, you can change dates, change ships, add or delete people as freely as you like, and whatever onboard booking benefits will be moved along. One "glitch" though is that if you want to add people to a booking, and even if you have enough deposit to cover what's required including the new person, the website will still require you to pay a minimum deposit amount in order to complete the booking. To solve this, just a quick phone call to DCL and the rep will get it done.

I was able to book all my shore excursions online. I'm pretty sure I could also have ordered any gifts that way as well.

What bugs me is the 'default search'. It requires you to pick a destination. Maybe I don't want a destination! Maybe i just want to see what cruises Disney is offering during a specific month! Maybe I just want to know what cruises a certain ship is sailing!

Eventually I discovered that if you go to the 'Search for a Cruise' tab on the top bar, then you can get to a somewhat better search engine. Still, it seems like this search engine should be the default.

Disney's web sites have always been infuriating.

When I first joined DVC, I struggled with the DVC site not allowing me to log on because I was logged on to go.com somewhere else. It wouldn't tell me where or auto log off. I had to call, get transfered around and finally reset my entire account.

Then came the dining reservations. the site would freeze in the middle of a hard to get reservation them I couldn't tell if I got it. I'd have to start over again and try to book to see if the old one took.

I think that there might be some Infoseek.com people there still angry with the way that Disney treated them and their former coworkers.

Disney's web sites have always been infuriating.

When I first joined DVC, I struggled with the DVC site not allowing me to log on because I was logged on to go.com somewhere else. It wouldn't tell me where or auto log off. I had to call, get transfered around and finally reset my entire account.

Then came the dining reservations. the site would freeze in the middle of a hard to get reservation them I couldn't tell if I got it. I'd have to start over again and try to book to see if the old one took.

I think that there might be some Infoseek.com people there still angry with the way that Disney treated them and their former coworkers.

Just like their ships , the website is all glammour and show and less form and functionality. They think the kids visit their websites ?? Its the adults who deal with the website, so they should cut down on all the mickey mouse gimmicks !!

Too many hoops and repeat functions and asking for date of birth everytime .Castaway Cay tab needs its own ID numbers, then, on top of reservation numbers , so you have to be careful typing in all the numbers. I do copy and paste for these numbers. Just one login with email and a password should have had all the stuff accessible.

Its just a case of very poor Website designers hired by Disney :mad:

What bugs me is the 'default search'. It requires you to pick a destination. Maybe I don't want a destination! Maybe i just want to see what cruises Disney is offering during a specific month! Maybe I just want to know what cruises a certain ship is sailing!

Eventually I discovered that if you go to the 'Search for a Cruise' tab on the top bar, then you can get to a somewhat better search engine. Still, it seems like this search engine should be the default.

I agree with you. It should search by ship and it should not be difficult as they have only four ships !!

Just like their ships , the website is all glammour and show and less form and functionality. They think the kids visit their websites ?? Its the adults who deal with the website, so they should cut down on all the mickey mouse gimmicks !!

Too many hoops and repeat functions and asking for date of birth everytime .Castaway Cay tab needs its own ID numbers, then, on top of reservation numbers , so you have to be careful typing in all the numbers. I do copy and paste for these numbers. Just one login with email and a password should have had all the stuff accessible.

Its just a case of very poor Website designers hired by Disney :mad:

Actually the designers only do what they are told to do. It's the application architects that you have the issue with.

You can reserve shore excursions but you can't order onboard gifts. I want champagne waiting in our room, I have to fax a request. That's crazy!

As far as the other stuff... I do as Ducklite suggests. All of my cruise info is In a folder in my email program. Easy to get to when I log in. Could it be easier? Yes. But I'd rather have the ability to order online gift!!

I took the survey that popped up one of the times I went to check my reservation and I told them exactly what you said about the inconvenience of having to look up your reservation number even though you sign in with a login and password. It doesnt make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Use your Castaway no. That will list all your cruise information for each cruise. Having sailed with DCL three times, I don't seem to have the same issues you do viewing all my reservations.

Use your Castaway no. That will list all your cruise information for each cruise. Having sailed with DCL three times, I don't seem to have the same issues you do viewing all my reservations.

I just did it and that only works if all you want to do is VIEW your reservation. I don't need to view my reservation, I know when I'm sailing. I need to check on activities, see if Palo opened up on Pirate Night, etc. and you can only do that if you 1-log into the website then 2-log into your specific reservation.

Annoying. Luckily my macbook isn't going to have its cookies cleared until after my cruise so I don't have to remember my res number. I do hate, however, that I have to go SO far down that list to find my year of birth!! :D

Archived