Remember the old NCL Majesty.....

camz

I so miss that old girl...and that amazing staff... Cheers to Geddy and Fendi wherever you are...

I too, was on one of the Dream runs in 2008 that couldn't make the "cut" due to weather and thruster problems and wound up in front of a dumpster in Hamilton.

But I still have my Carol Holden water color of the Majesty as she sat in St. George's....

Aahhhhh... such great memories!!!!!

The Majesty and the Crown were my favorite NCL ships. I miss going through the cut into St George and having the greeting by the cannon and the mayor welcoming us to Bemuda. Docking in Hamilton was a plus too. They were both small ships but they seemed to have the best crew.

The Norwegian Majesty was our first cruise back fifteen years ago. We sailed from Boston to Bermuda with fifteen foot seas, but we had a terrific time. It was a much smaller ship back then. NCL "lengthened" it a few years later, but it still of course was without balconies. We sailed her twice more, in 1999 and again in 2006. We tied up at St. George, which as I understand it is much too small for the cruise ships of today. We loved St. George as it is on the "quiet side" of Bermuda.

We sailed on the Majesty out of Charleston in 2008 (to the western Caribbean), and had a great time. I wish NCL were still sailing from there. Coincidentally, when we were on the Jade in Malta in Feb. 2010, the Majesty (by then the Louis Majesty) was docked there the same day (photo below). Soon after that is when the Majesty was hit by the wave that broke windows and, tragically, killed two passengers.

MajestyinMalta.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

But I still have my Carol Holden water color of the Majesty as she sat in St. George's....

So do I, it was on my office wall for many years, but when I retired two years ago, I put it in the attic. Whenever I was having a bad day, I would stare at that water color and things would improve right away!:D

The Norwegian Majesty was our first cruise back fifteen years ago. We sailed from Boston to Bermuda with fifteen foot seas, but we had a terrific time. It was a much smaller ship back then. NCL "lengthened" it a few years later, but it still of course was without balconies. We sailed her twice more, in 1999 and again in 2006. We tied up at St. George, which as I understand it is much too small for the cruise ships of today. We loved St. George as it is on the "quiet side" of Bermuda.

I also love The Majesty. We were on her for our first cruise, Bermuda from Boston. I was thrilled and we went on the Majesty a few more times until she was replaced by the Dream. Cruise ships of today are beautiful floating resorts but I still have a soft spot for the Majesty. She had the nicest crew, they always smiled and I just loved the whole experience.

Archived