Remember the old NCL Majesty.....

camz

The Majesty is currently sailing the Titantic passage for the Titanic 100th anniversary. I loved that ship! First ship as an NCL passenger. Very proud of the Majesty. Here's to a safe trip. Anyone else, share my love for the Majesty n.k.a The Balmoral?

Ah yes, I remember her......I have been on huge ships and not so huge and she is definitely one of my favorites. We sailed May 2004 (I was 5 months pregnant) and then again May 2005 and we took our baby : )

We love the ship and the service was outstanding!!

Sorry but the Balmoral is the former Norwegian Crown, not the Majesty. The Majesty was just chartered by Thomsen cruises from Louis Cruises where she has been sailing since NCL sold her.

On that note, I did enjoy cruising to Bermuda on the Majesty. She was the last of the modern cruise ships to fit into St Georges harbor. It was fun to watch her squeeze in through that small cut and to wave at the people on the hill. It seemed like you could almost reach out and touch them.

I loved the Majesty, and it's special trip right into St. George Bermuda, went on her twice, and met the best members of our roll call at the Meet and Greet, then joined up for a second trip. Loved the ship and how small she was, got chance to really know an amazing staff. That is where I met my favorite concierge Florentina.

Big ships fit the freestyle better, but the charm of the small ship will never be part of NCL experience ever again. That is sadl

Thanks for the memories.

Mary

mew1

Sorry but the Balmoral is the former Norwegian Crown, not the Majesty. The Majesty was just chartered by Thomsen cruises from Louis Cruises where she has been sailing since NCL sold her.

No not at all, don't be sorry. :) Thank you for the correct information. I just did additional research and found she is the Louis Majesty and n/k/a the Thomson Majesty, for the time being anyway. That being said, I should rename this thread since it is the Crown currently sailing the Titanic passage. Well at least it is one of NCL's former fleet representing the Titantic Anniversary. Good for the Crown, have a safe sailing! On another note, the Majesty is still one of my favorites and I miss her being part of the NCL fleet. They still need to keep a smaller ship in the fleet. I guess at this point, it is the Spirit or the Sun. Thanks again for your correct information. Wow all this time I thought it was the Majesty. :D

The Majesty is currently sailing the Titantic passage for the Titanic 100th anniversary. I loved that ship! First ship as an NCL passenger. Very proud of the Majesty. Here's to a safe trip. Anyone else, share my love for the Majesty n.k.a The Balmoral?

We were aboard the Majesty for a 7 day cruise to Cozumel etc in 2000, our first NCL cruise and now we've been on many more since that one was so enjoyable.

I do remember the Majesty!! :D And even though I've never sailed on NCL (therefore, never been on Majesty), I've seen her in port many times!! I always though she was a beautiful ship, so classic looking!! :D Ships just aren't built like that anymore!! :(

Godspeed Majesty (aka Balmoral), have a safe, pleasent, and fun trip (smooth seas and sunny skies)!! :D

The Balmoral is a former Norwegian Cruise Line ship but it's not the former NORWEGIAN MAJESTY but the NORWEGIAN CROWN. It's a much smaller ship and doesn't hold as many passengers as the TITANIC did. The voyage on the Balmoral is already off to a bad start as it arrived in Cobh, Ireland late due to windy conditions. If weather is already playing a factor into the cruise I hope the rest of it goes uneventfully.

Another fun little factoid about Fred Olsen Cruises... it's owned by Harland and Wolff, the same shipbuilders of the TITANIC! :eek:

Another fun little factoid about Fred Olsen Cruises... it's owned by Harland and Wolff, the same shipbuilders of the TITANIC! :eek:

YIKES! :eek::eek: That's why I love CC, you get the real dirt here..... Thanks for the info. :)

Sailed on the Majesty twice before she was sold: once out Charleston, SC to Bahamas; and again, from Philadelphia to St. John, New Brunswick and Boston. I really loved this ship. I like the smaller ships. Sailed on her sister ship, Norwegian Sea in 2002 to Bermuda. She was also a lovely ship.

Thanks! We're on the Dawn next month & I'm anticipating a MUCH BETTER experience............

I love the Dawn! Very beautiful ship, very user friendly and the friendliest crew at sea. Being on both the Majesty and the Dawn, if you tell me what you hated about the Majesty, I could give you some insight on the Dawn. :)

I appreciate the offer but to be honest, I was seasick before we left Black Falcon & things went downhill from there. I don't think there was much of anything I enjoyed. Being seasick before we even left Boston seemed to set the tone for the entire trip.

But............. I'd love to hear about the ship & what I have to look forward to.

Well I hope you have your seasick remedies on hand, just in case. I could go on and on about the Dawn as she really is that special. Keep in mind, I didn't expect much out of her as we were aboard the Gem, just 6 months prior. In my mind, I thought the Dawn could no where compare to the Gem. However, I was WRONG! The crew is amazing and extremely friendly. The ship itself is kept very beautiful and clean. For me, I like the fact that NCL are germ freaks, like me! There is much more deck space than the Majesty had and the ship is very user friendly. Easy to navigate. We were aboard the Dawn during the height of vacation season and the ship was fully booked, plus. However, we never got that crowded feeling. The Blue Lagoon, which the Majesty did not have, is a great place to catch a quick bite. They have very good wings, fries, burgers and such. There are all kind of little lounges and bars where you can catch drink in a quiet little area. I sincerely wish you have a great vacation. Please post back and let us know how things went. Here's to blue skies and calm seas......:)

YIKES! :eek::eek: That's why I love CC, you get the real dirt here..... Thanks for the info. :)

You are very welcome! Seems as though this TITANIC cruise is making headlines and it hasn't even reached the wreckage site yet. On another random factoid, a US Coast Guard vessel from Boston has also been dispatched from Boston for two purposes: 1) Drop rose pedals at the site for each of the victims and 2) make sure the area which is going to be crowded with ships doesn't pose any problems.

Last thing we need is another modern day TITANIC. Costa cruises has done enough damange in 2012.

Thanks! We're on the Dawn next month & I'm anticipating a MUCH BETTER experience............

The Norwegian Dawn is the ship I've spent the third most time at sea behind the Norwegian Jewel and Spirit. She's a great ship! I look forward to sailing on her again later on this season possible for a Boston to BDA run! :)

Seems as though this TITANIC cruise is making headlines and it hasn't even reached the wreckage site yet.

Last thing we need is another modern day TITANIC. Costa cruises has done enough damange in 2012.

Agreed! I have been a little leary about the venture out to the sinking site for the Anniversary. IMO I like the idea, however, on another note, it is a little errie. Hope everyone returns safely! The Concordia was enough for modern day cruising to overcome.

Interesting info you posted ,did not know the Majesty is now the Balmoral. We sailed the Majesty 1st in 1998 Honeymoon then again in 2003 for 5th anniversay when we sailed in 2003 it had been split in 2 and added more cabins etc. Miss that ship, we did see her again in 2008 10th anniversary (when we sailed the DREAM did not like that ship) when she was in Bermuda but sailing from South Carolina. The Last time we saw her. We are leaving this weekend on the Star for a Repositioning cruise into NYC. Thanks again for the info on the old Majesty. MEMORIES !!!!!!

Interesting info you posted ,did not know the Majesty is now the Balmoral. We sailed the Majesty 1st in 1998 Honeymoon then again in 2003 for 5th anniversay when we sailed in 2003 it had been split in 2 and added more cabins etc. Miss that ship, we did see her again in 2008 10th anniversary (when we sailed the DREAM did not like that ship) when she was in Bermuda but sailing from South Carolina. The Last time we saw her. We are leaving this weekend on the Star for a Repositioning cruise into NYC. Thanks again for the info on the old Majesty. MEMORIES !!!!!!

The Norwegian Majesty not the Balmoral. The former Norwegian Crown is now the Balmoral.

On that note, I did enjoy cruising to Bermuda on the Majesty. She was the last of the modern cruise ships to fit into St Georges harbor. It was fun to watch her squeeze in through that small cut and to wave at the people on the hill. It seemed like you could almost reach out and touch them.

We took the Majesty on her last cruise. I thought she had a major incident shortly after she was sold and went overseas. Did they manage to salvage her?

Archived