Pre-cruise Rituals

OCD1966

• 1 month later...
No need to take a big roll; some places sell small versions or just take a strip of duct tape and roll it around something (like a pencil).

I have also read on CC that people will used Band-aids as emergency drawer tape. :)

We have used duct tape to fix someone's luggage that got ripped, for emergency trouser hemming and of course decorating or costume repairs on RSVP charters. :D

DUCK TAPE that's the least of the EXTRA's I take on a RSVP cruise:) Costumes - Costumes and I won't mention the toys:}

DUCK TAPE that's the least of the EXTRA's I take on a RSVP cruise:) Costumes - Costumes and I won't mention the toys:}

As I am in the middle of packing (12 days to go), please mention the toys. I don't want to forget anything :D;).

You guys are too funny. Now you all have made me consider getting some for my upcoming world travels. Airlines are horrible with the luggage and most of my flights are connecting somewhere. Twice as much baggage handling means twice as many risks for damage. Airlines should be ashamed for what they charge for the crap service they provide!

Anyway, don't forget the bathing suit!!!

As for what is essential:

Blazer

Loafers

Passport

Cruise tickets

Credit cards

The rest is optional;)

Andrew

You realize you forgot your pants... :)

Take out half the clothes? Are you sure you're gay?

HAR :D

You realize you forgot your pants... :)

HAR :D

Well, since I didn't mention underwear, it would be a whole new definition of going 'commando.':eek:

Hope you've been well. Haven't seen your cousin lately...an her ofice is right across the street!

Andrew

Well, since I didn't mention underwear, it would be a whole new definition of going 'commando.':eek:

Hope you've been well. Haven't seen your cousin lately...an her ofice is right across the street!

Andrew

Would give a whole new definition to formal night too!!

I think you might have me confused with someone else - my cousin has been out of work for years ;)

My pre-cruise ritual always seems to include working late at the office the night before to get everything done so I can (hopefully) not get bothered too much while away, and then staying up all night packing. I always pack too many clothes and always say at the end of the cruise "why did I pack this?" Well I packed it because it was 3am when I packed and I wasn't thinking :)

But I do make sure I have a haircut scheduled sometime in the week before departure.

Almost any time I have forgotten something, I've been able to get it (or something close) in the ship store or at the first port.

Fun thread here...

Start doing some "staging" (nothing dramatic) a couple of weeks before, making sure we have the right dinner ensemble. Although on our upcoming cruise, it's going to be caz mostly all the way. Clean the suitcases, make sure zips and locks work. Line up the house / dog sitter, water and soak all of our plants. Exchange some currency. Load up the iPads with a few books each. Call our cell carrier to add international roaming plan to the smart phones.

Items to bring-

RumRunners (yeah Baby!):eek:

Jumbo Ziplocs (and some gallon size)

Electric outlet converters

Some healthy snacks

Couple of small flameless candles...gotta have "mood"

I like this list - good stuff!

No one has mentioned time to manscape?

One of the critical to-do's is contacting your credit card company(ies) and bank(s) to let them know you'll be out of the country, in which countries, from when to when so that they don't clamp down your account if it's out of character for you and looks like suspicious activity. --- You can always buy whatever you forgot during the trip ... as long as your credit card/ATM card works.

LL Bean has great traveling toiletry kits that can hang on hooks in the bathroom and elsewhere, minimizing space but maximizing convenience. My Mum even had mine monogrammed. :o awwwww

Travel day: shirts with chest pockets that button, big enough for your passport (as you have to show it repeatedly), cash, other ID, etc., as you don't want anything important in your back pocket.

Get those plastic zip lock travel bags that you can pack at least one back-up outfit in, mash out all the air and slip into your carry-on, should your baggage go astray, or if you want to change on-ship before your bags arrive on embarkation day...because mine always take forever to arrive. Those bags, especially the larger ones, are great for packing your luggage as well, although you end up with so much extra space, you'll be tempted to fill it....which will incur overweight baggage charges!

Definitely a small flashlight for unexpected darkness, as well as being your portable nightlight to find the bathroom at night and not have to turn the too-bright-at-3:30am-light-in-your-face on. (I'm over 50... middle of the night tinkles happen...) Plus a lot of ships have the noisy fan run whenever the light is on, which disturbs whomever else might be asleep in your cabin. I have little battery pen lights, but also have a wind-up LED flashlight (from LL Bean) so that it always works....battery flashlights somehow always get turned on in your baggage and are D.O.A. for the rest of the trip.

And get a short, if boring haircut that lets you shower and go, as those excursions always come too early after a late night.

And finally, bring/get small bills in whichever currency you trip calls for as you end up tipping constantly...not on the ship, but as soon as you walk off.

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh... you guys are talking about duct tape and chargers, and here I go...

I always take a rainbow flag emblem or HRC logo... pin for a hat or a luggage tag for my tote to leave out when I am sunning, reading, etc. Just to fly the colors and perhaps meet a friend. Discrete, but visible.

C'mon guys, no one mentions lube and condoms? :o

---

On the duct tape, I was told a long time ago about someone on a cruise when something went awry with the plumbing and some ugly odors were eminating from the shower drain. They taped over the drain when the shower was not in use.

I usually will take a power strip due to limited outlets in the cabin.

A few gallon sized ziploc bags for wet swim suits and sandy water shoes.

A nightlight to help me find my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Because the single bathroom outlet is two prong and should you wish to extend its uses, the attached is handy for a night-light, toothbrush charger and electric razor. On the subject of night-light, some ships have the new green glow emitter occupying the single outlet. Where not, the flashlight is a good idea or a 4W night light helps not only to find the bathroom but eliminates using the external light switch and disturbing your bed mate in the middle of the night.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrz3OF0sqd8B4FtwmJl-QFiQ8alcVy3_itUfGcV95b1L0OgA4jQL854HdXXg

Where not, the flashlight is a good idea or a 4W night light helps not only to find the bathroom but eliminates using the external light switch and disturbing your bed mate in the middle of the night.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrz3OF0sqd8B4FtwmJl-QFiQ8alcVy3_itUfGcV95b1L0OgA4jQL854HdXXg

But I like disturbing my bed mate in the middle of the night...heck, it's one of the reasons I keep him around!;)

Andrew

Archived