Towel Animals

andr3a

The funniest one we ever had was last year on the Dream. My friend and I walked into our adjoining rooms at the same time and both said "OMG!! Is that what I think it is?" It looked like part of a man's anatomy standing at attention. We were rolling on the floor laughing and our daughters couldn't figure out what was so funny.

Then this year again on the Dream, we wondered if we'd get that one again. We didn't but my sister in law did and she thought it was the same thing we did. Turns out it was a snake.

For those that did buy the Carnival book on Towel Animals, did you find that it was worth it? Good explanations and good pictures? Easy to follow?

Yes, it's pretty easy to follow. You have to be patient and willing to start over if you don't roll your towels tight enough. DD does origami, so she's lots better at it than I am.

BTW, I think the animal on the left is a dinosaur. I'm too lazy to get up and go find the book to see if that particular one is in the book. :)

Yes, it's pretty easy to follow. You have to be patient and willing to start over if you don't roll your towels tight enough. DD does origami, so she's lots better at it than I am.

BTW, I think the animal on the left is a dinosaur. I'm too lazy to get up and go find the book to see if that particular one is in the book. :)

Apparently I am very liberal in my interpretation of cloud animals...lol, I see a dinosaur, or a turtle, or a lizard... :D

I didn't jump to any naughty conclusions like some of you, lol, but now I know I won't be able to help but wonder if my towel animals are "dirty."

I love it, I can't try another line because they're my favorite thing about carnival!

I've been on DCL and NCL and both had towels animals too. I've not seen the stingray though... that would have been super cool coming from back from our Cayman excursion!

When we got back from our cruise, my kids and I made several towel animals for my in-laws lake house bedrooms. They were a big hit!

I just googled and used youtube and found all kinds of ideas!

That's why I didn't feel the need to buy the carnival book, but I found this for a couple bucks at Barnes and Noble and couldn't resist! So many cute ideas. :D

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/king-size-towel-origami-alison-jenkins/1103621232

I've been on DCL and NCL and both had towels animals too. I've not seen the stingray though... that would have been super cool coming from back from our Cayman excursion!

I was thinking the same thing. We are swimming with dolphins and rays in GCayman. Sea lions in Cozumel! Do they make sea lions?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

We normally cruise with my sister and her family. Our 7 year old loves seeing her 7 year old cousin for the whole week. This past January we were on the Legend. As normal the first full day the girls discussed what towel critter greeted them the previous night. Well, we only had the towel critters ( I know they are not mandatory) a few more times, 3 nights we were skunked...you never saw an inept parent make a snake so fast, while the other distracts the child. Disturbing for my daughter, hilarious to us, especially the next day when she told her cousin she had a boring snake :)

Maybe I need a book? LOL

Since this a towel animal topic I want to know what is this supposed to be?? I can't say what I think it looks like :eek: but when we came back from dinner and saw it I cracked up LOL.[ATTACH]229361[/ATTACH]

So, my female friend and I took a cruise a few years ago just after Labor Day. I swear we were the only singles on the boat. So weird. We thought, everyone must think we're lesbians!! Whatever!!! The bartender inquired... If we were together. Never been asked that before...maybe we stuck out on this particular cruise! After the first day of "I think everyone thinks we are lesbians" we come back to this towel animal and I was like..."Seriously"!!!!!!! Funny after the fact.

I am such a child at heart. I still sleep with my stuffed animal and my husband just rolls his eyes at me :rolleyes: But I love the towel animals and when we sailed Princess we truly missed our animals every night. Glad to see I'm not the only one that saves them all week!

WTH is the one on the left??? Looks a little obscene! :eek::eek::eek:

haha we got this one last year too...I always thought it was a bird, cause you always see those birds with the long necks flying around but my boyfriend thinks its a dinosaur .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkenkeg viewpost.gif

The last picture I take every day is the towel animal, that way I can tell when a new day of pics started when I get home.

Wow! That is a really good idea!

I love this tip. I'm going to do that in July, it sure will make 14 days of cruising pictures easy to seperate the days. I wonder if the room steward will let us keep the 1st weeks animals and add to them during the 2nd week since we are staying in the same room. I sure hope so.

Archived