Towel Animals

andr3a

I know it's very cheesy and gimmicky but coming back to a new towel animal on my bed every night is something I really love. DBF and I hid all of ours for the week so we could take a group photo with them at the end. We then left the group on the bed with the Steward's thank you card and bonus tip.

While we were on the cruise we took the towel animal class and learned to make dogs and elephants. Carnival sells a book of their animals but it was pretty pricey so I passed.

When I got home I made towel animals with my new skills for all my friends and family. :p

Today I found some towel origami books at a dirt cheap price, and picked up the 3 they had left. I'm planning on giving one to my room steward, I know they have lots of ideas but the book has tons more than I've seen standard on the ship.

Anyone else make their own for company/family? What crazy/funny/unique pics have you taken on board with your towel animals? :D

Aprox 20 years ago they used to make the animals from my wife's nightgowns and such. She didnt seem to mind but I guess someone must have complained cuz they dont do that anymore. :)

We haven't seen that, but they use DH's sunglasses all the time.

S4300125.jpg.ae490c88eae1e38f34d5f2e1672acf28.jpg

My DD (9) left a note for our steward to please leave her new friends for the week. We kept them in the window and she decorated them with her dolls and confetti strips from the shows.

We also went to the class and here are my 'creations'

847694353_S4300017(2).jpg.59d514fe4ba2907265aaae7e8aa22362.jpg

339434031_S4300022(2).jpg.0abad7b22d16f6a593b8130b187abecc.jpg

1533718379_S4300024(2).jpg.5d9d1afed828cb4c6faa27c40fb32c7b.jpg

Since this a towel animal topic I want to know what is this supposed to be?? I can't say what I think it looks like :eek: but when we came back from dinner and saw it I cracked up LOL.[ATTACH]229361[/ATTACH]

Way too funny!!!!!!!!:)

DH and I each like to surprise each other on the cruise with one or two things we have bought from bon voyage. I told him I would like to have a towel folding book. I would love to make a habit of having an animal on the bed in our guest room when friends or family arrive. That is if I can get all of our cruise clothes and other cruise stuff off the bed.

Since this a towel animal topic I want to know what is this supposed to be?? I can't say what I think it looks like :eek: but when we came back from dinner and saw it I cracked up LOL.[ATTACH]229361[/ATTACH]

It looks like a vagina with sunglasses to me.

I went to the class, deconstructed my towel animal and left my steward a towel elephant. He remade my elephant and left it.

I love it, I can't try another line because they're my favorite thing about carnival!

Actually it is a walrus! See the tusks in the middle! We also loved the animals and asked our steward to leave them all week. Bythe end we had a window sill full of animals. They were great! I also got the book and had so much fun. One of our assistant waiters used to be a steward and he made us a turtle out of our napkins one night! Then he made a boy with the napkin and a spoon, then he tippied up the spoon and made a "happy boy" if you get the meaning! :D We were rolling!

It looks like a vagina with sunglasses to me.

I went to the class, deconstructed my towel animal and left my steward a towel elephant. He remade my elephant and left it.

I love it, I can't try another line because they're my favorite thing about carnival!

Was on Carnival a couple of years ago, and I did look forward to returning to the cabin each evening to see what awaited me. My favorite was a orangatan hanging from the ceiling.

Was on Celebrity a few weeks ago, and got towel animals only a couple of the nights. I was disappointed.

LOL.......We've had that one too and it reminded me to make my doctor's appointment!

My favorite one!

Apparently I'm way off on this one...I always thought it was a stingray! You know, standing up to say hi! :p

Aprox 20 years ago they used to make the animals from my wife's nightgowns and such. She didnt seem to mind but I guess someone must have complained cuz they dont do that anymore. :)

I can see how that might be a little weird, but I've seen them made with the robes carnival provides, and they've put my sunglasses on the animals in the past. The mental pic I get when imagining them using peoples sleep clothes to make towel creations is of sea creature in bras and lingerie. :p

Archived