Orlando themeparks during easter

Madshus

How is Florida march/april when it comes to Spring Break ? We are thinking of having a precruise vacation in Florida before our Independence transatlantic 7.april 2013.

My original plan was flying into Southern Florida, stay there for a few days, and then go to the Orlando-area 1-6.april to visit Magic Kingdom and some other theme parks with our children (3-6 years old) the last few days before our cruise.

My question is: Will the themeparks be more packed with people 26.march-1.april than 1.april-6.april, when you take into account that 31.march is easter day ? We could do it the other way around if it is more likely to be fewer people in the first period.

I have the preconception that Florida is like my homecountry Norway where the holidayperiod is the week that ends with easterday, but thinking about it, I may be wrong.

Since Easter is early (relatively), schools are more likely to be out the week after. I was not surprised to have them out the week after here this year. With many school systems finishing in mid-May, mid-April is too late to have Spring Break. EM

Its going to be busy both weeks. The two most local school counties are out of school the week prior so you will have more locals that week. Easter is one of (if not the most) busy day at Disney.

As long as you have several days, it's quite doable. There will be lines...but Disney does lines quite well. Just be prepared to wait for the "popular" rides/exhibits!

Disney isn't something you do for just one day... 4-5 days is about what it takes!

We did Disney and arrived on Easter Day - it wasn't that bad - really. One year we went to Disney 3 times in one year and we didn't notice that Easter was any busier than any other time.

It's a really nice time of year to go there. The weather was beautiful there when we went.

Madshus- my husband and I were at Disney last week the day before Easter. We stayed in Epcot one full day and saw most of it. We got there when it opened and left when it closed- great day. It was not as crowded as we thought it would be... especially early in the morning. We had a free pass from a friend who works at the park to get in or we might not have taken the chance on crowds otherwise.

There was only one ride "Soaring" that had a fast-pass wait that we opted not to come back for. The other attractions were a five to ten minute wait in a queue. Our friend told us that the Magic Kingdom proper was a different story that day... it is VERY crowded due to the target group (kids).

If you decide to eat at one of the parks, call Disney ahead of time for a reservation at one of the restaurants that takes them. We ate at a really nice French restaurant, Bistro de Paris at 8pm right before the park closed... and one could not get a reservation after mid-morning for a lot of the nicer restaurants. This info is online at the Disney website.

It was a really pretty time of year to be there. The flowers were amazing!

Madshus-

If you decide to eat at one of the parks, call Disney ahead of time for a reservation at one of the restaurants that takes them. We ate at a really nice French restaurant, Bistro de Paris at 8pm right before the park closed... and one could not get a reservation after mid-morning for a lot of the nicer restaurants. This info is online at the Disney website.

It was a really pretty time of year to be there. The flowers were amazing!

You don't need to call; just make reservations online. For a very busy period and for a popular restaurant, do this far (months) in advance.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

How is Florida march/april when it comes to Spring Break ? We are thinking of having a precruise vacation in Florida before our Independence transatlantic 7.april 2013.

My original plan was flying into Southern Florida, stay there for a few days, and then go to the Orlando-area 1-6.april to visit Magic Kingdom and some other theme parks with our children (3-6 years old) the last few days before our cruise.

My question is: Will the themeparks be more packed with people 26.march-1.april than 1.april-6.april, when you take into account that 31.march is easter day ? We could do it the other way around if it is more likely to be fewer people in the first period.

I have the preconception that Florida is like my homecountry Norway where the holidayperiod is the week that ends with easterday, but thinking about it, I may be wrong.

Hi OP, Im not sure if the site can be posted or not, but the following info is complied from documented historical data about the busiest times of the year at Walt Disney World Theme Parks. Hope it helps!

MOST CROWDED TIME OF THE YEAR

Christmas through New Year's

EXTREMELY CROWDED

Easter Week (Before and After)

REALLY CROWDED

Fourth of July Week

CROWDED

Spring Break (first week of March until mid April)

Memorial Day Weekend

Summer Break (second week of June until second week of August)

President's Day until the end of February

A GOOD TIME TO GO

End of April

Early February

Labor Day Weekend

First two weeks of December

THE NEXT BEST TIME TO VISIT

Beginning of October until Thanksgiving

Week before Christmas

BEST TIME TO VISIT

January

September

What days are historically the busiest at the Parks?

Walt Disney World parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

Magic Kingdom: Monday, Saturday & Sunday

Epcot: Wednesday & Friday

Disney-MGM Studios: Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday

Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday & Friday

Having worked at Disney (Magic Kingdom & EPCOT) for nearly 5 years and now living back in Central Florida, you could not pay me to go near the parks during the week before or the week after Easter.

The person who posted busiest, next busiest, best times, etc. to visit really hit the nail on the head!

Archived