Medivacs on Voyager

The captain announced twice this week that ppl were being medivac'd off the ship. One around 4:30 am on the first night, and one around 9 pm on the last night. We actually saw the second one- saw the helicopter come in, land, and take off.

Hope the people who were I'll are ok. Don't know what happened.

Yes, I would say that on the majority of my cruises there have been medical emergencies. On the Voyager we actually had to turn around and sail back over 3 hours to San Juan to meet the medical helicopter.

On our Panama Canal cruise we had to make an unscheduled stop at Cabo, plus we had another passenger get off while we were traversing the canal, and another passenger didn't get back on after Aruba.

Definitely consider cruise insurance if you have any health issues.

the evac on friday on voyager was of a 4yo boy that apperently had a siezure and was not responding, air station nola launched a helo , that landed on the heli pad and transported child and mom to children's hospital...unknown condition ..reported by USCG ...god bless the family and the USCG!

I just read on another post, a friends mother had a heart attack, they did surgery and she is stable and had nothing but praise for how everyone handled the emergency for the family.

I read that the lady died but the staff was praised for their response to this emercency.

Archived