"beer" ?

I think Newcastle and Bass are as "specialty" as you'll find. Sorry! Wish they had Dogfish Head...but nope.

The beer selection could definitely be better, but I have to imagine they ran the numbers and figured that the amount of people who would actually spend more for truly good beer just isn't high enough to justify carrying it around.

The beer selection could definitely be better, but I have to imagine they ran the numbers and figured that the amount of people who would actually spend more for truly good beer just isn't high enough to justify carrying it around.

Agreed! They will only carry and sell what will be purchased.

As far as ME, I just couldn't carry those stupid looking bright blue and red Bud bottles - even if I liked how they tasted. They look like you're carrying some sort of a 4th of July decoration. Why did Bud have to make them look so silly?

Can you take the buckets back to your cabin?

We had no problem bringing our bucket back to our cabin - but remember if they are not "pop tops" you'll need a bottle opener. I always carry one with me so it was no problem. Just don't want you to have to wait until room service can bring your one.

Also, sometimes the bartender will open all of the bottles for you, so if you plan to only have one or two and bring the rest back to your room be sure to tell them that so all the bottles are not opened and go flat on you. :o

Nothing worse than a flat beer!! :eek:

I think Newcastle and Bass are as "specialty" as you'll find. Sorry! Wish they had Dogfish Head...but nope.

On one of my cruises they had a Royal Beer that was a "specialty" beer - it wasn't to bad - but still not as good as a micro!

Zach: I agree with you - not to many people would buy the specialty beers

I try to find local beer in ports and enjoy the good stuff that way ;)

Just tell them to only open 1 or 2 or none. Then you can carry the rest back to the cabin and put them in the mini-fridge or just sit on the balcony and enjoy. Requires a bottle opener. I picked up one at the Walgreens near the hotel one year, prior to the cruise..it was on a key chain. I carry on every cruise now...the official cruise bottle opener!

I do love me some microbrew, but there's something to be said for the fizzy light yellow stuff when it's 90 degrees in the sun and you're lying next to a pool. It just fits for some reason.

Put me indoors at a bar, though, and give me the darker micros all day long.

Got to say i like a good beer! if sailing from Miami or ft lauderdale. Sharkeys on bayside market place not a flash bar but best selection of beers draft and bottles.

Also Rum Barrel at key west fantastic! Even giving me free samples of the stronger dog fish beer!

Stu K

PS Can I get Sam Adams on the Oasis? I do like a few of those when chilling!

Archived