Found a Budget Rental Car discount code

Eeyoregon

Hi,

I had the same question, so I called them.

Spoke with some one named Martha, was told if 'you' are going on a cruise or being picked up from a cruise use the CC5 ( that gives them some idea how many shuttles might be needed) , if 'you' are a 'local' rental not needing the shuttle service use ZC5.

I do not know if there is a difference in the rental rate ....... I am going to try both .

Wes

There is a $9.99 Port access fee when using CC5. Guess that makes the shuttle not really free then I guess.. lol

There is a $9.99 Port access fee when using CC5. Guess that makes the shuttle not really free then I guess.. lol

Hi,

Is the $9.99 Port access per person or per reservation ?

Is it added during the reservation or at the counter when getting the car ? or is it charged at the counter where the car is returned ?

If the ZC5 is used and one wants to use the shuttle, does the $ 9.99 is also charged ?

Edited by wieslaw

Hi,

Is the $9.99 Port access per person or per reservation ?

Is it added during the reservation or at the counter when getting the car ?

If the ZC5 is used and one wants to use the shuttle, does the $ 9.99 is also charged ?

No idea, I used CC5 as the location to book today and noticed that the taxes and fees portion was about $10 more than when I tried booking on another site. Expanded the details, there was a $9.99 port access fee.

You can try making a reservation with CC5 and ZC5 to see the difference. I don't know how it will ultimately be charged. Maybe someone that has done the rental can tell us.

Great site! :)

We have 4-6 of us flying into FLL in December and cruising out of Miami so we need a van from FLL to Miami and be able to drop it off by the port the next morning. Will they shuttle all of us to the port from the rental building?

Then after our cruise our flight isn't until 5pm (same day) so we are trying to figure out what to do and if we should rent a van after also and drop off at FLL.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch :)

No idea, I used CC5 as the location to book today and noticed that the taxes and fees portion was about $10 more than when I tried booking on another site. Expanded the details, there was a $9.99 port access fee.

You can try making a reservation with CC5 and ZC5 to see the difference. I don't know how it will ultimately be charged. Maybe someone that has done the rental can tell us.

Hi,

I just tried to make a reservation ( again ) for the date that I have a reservation already, using CC5 and ZC5 and both had exactly the same fees and tax ...... and neither listed anything about "port access fee" ....... that was renting from MCO but on the way back to MCO and renting from either the CC5 or ZC5, there was the "port access fee on the CC5 location. Here below it is a copy of the fees and taxes on the MCO location rental:

car 40.00

options 0.00

equipment & services 0.00

protections 0.00

fees & taxes 13.23

fees 9.98

one way 0.00

concession recovery 4.08

ENERGY RECOVERY FEE .60 /day 0.60

TIRE & BATTERY FEE .02 /day 0.02

vehicle license .78 /day 0.78

STATE SURCHARGE 2.00 /day 2.00

CUSTOMER FACILITY FEE 2.50 /day 2.50

taxes 3.25

$ 53.23

Edited by wieslaw

Hi,

I just tried to make a reservation ( again ) for the date that I have a reservation already, using CC5 and ZC5 and both had exactly the same fees and tax ...... and neither listed anything about "port access fee" ....... perhaps that fee does not apply to my rental dates ....... perhaps it goes in affect later on. Here below it is a copy of the fees and taxes:

car 40.00

options 0.00

equipment & services 0.00

protections 0.00

fees & taxes 13.23

fees 9.98

one way 0.00

concession recovery 4.08

ENERGY RECOVERY FEE .60 /day 0.60

TIRE & BATTERY FEE .02 /day 0.02

vehicle license .78 /day 0.78

STATE SURCHARGE 2.00 /day 2.00

CUSTOMER FACILITY FEE 2.50 /day 2.50

taxes 3.25

$ 53.23

I'm booking for Thanksgiving this year, tried a few other dates in case the holiday somehow made a difference, but still see the $9.99 fee.

I might rebook under ZC5 to save myself $10...

q05o.png

Edited by CookieShip

I'm booking for Thanksgiving this year, tried a few other dates in case the holiday somehow made a difference, but still see the $9.99 fee.

I might rebook under ZC5 to save myself $10...

q05o.png

Hi again,

I remember reading something ( some time ago ) about the port changing the rules and requiring the buses, taxes and shuttles to pay some sort of a fee when entering the port ..... I do not remember the details. I guess the companies that use the buses, taxes, shuttles will or do pass it on to the users ....... but I do not understand why there is no charge for access to the port when coming on a shuttle ( let say the Budget shuttle) and there is a 9.99 charge when being picked up by the same shuttle.

I guess the ZC5 should work for the pick up from the port by the Budget shuttle ...... why not to save the 10 bucks.

As a curiosity I checked another reservation that I have with Alamo. I checked both rentals, one from MCO to Port Canaveral / Cocoa Beach and another from the port to MCO.

Both of the Alamo rentals offer a shuttle ( by Enterprise - I guess it is the same owner) to and from the port to their rental location, and neither rental from Alamo has the 9.99 listed. ( and the reservations are for the same dates as Budget - so , I do not get it, why some charge and some do not).

Great site! :)

We have 4-6 of us flying into FLL in December and cruising out of Miami so we need a van from FLL to Miami and be able to drop it off by the port the next morning. Will they shuttle all of us to the port from the rental building?

Then after our cruise our flight isn't until 5pm (same day) so we are trying to figure out what to do and if we should rent a van after also and drop off at FLL.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch :)

No shuttle service to/from the "port" office. You would have to take a taxi the 1.7 miles to port.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this thread a while ago but I wasn't ready to book a car from Port Everglades to Cape Canaveral (Getting off the Silhouette on Dec 15th and boarding RCCL's Freedom of the Seas on Dec 15th). At the time, using Code D454300 the rate for a compact car was pretty good. When I went to try to book it today the rate had more than doubled. Does anyone have any suggestions or other codes I should try to use? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

I found this thread a while ago but I wasn't ready to book a car from Port Everglades to Cape Canaveral (Getting off the Silhouette on Dec 15th and boarding RCCL's Freedom of the Seas on Dec 15th). At the time, using Code D454300 the rate for a compact car was pretty good. When I went to try to book it today the rate had more than doubled. Does anyone have any suggestions or other codes I should try to use? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Try Y937800....that's the one I always use and I have saved hundreds with that promo code

Try Y937800....that's the one I always use and I have saved hundreds with that promo code

Just did and thank you, thank you! I just booked it - Port Everglades to Cape Canaveral! We were also considering renting a mini van or SUV to go from Cape Canaveral to the Orlando airport (on this leg there will be 5 of us and not just the two of us), but even using that code it's a bit higher than we thought it would be. Do you suggest checking back periodically to see if the rate goes down? We're trying to decide if it will be less expensive to rent a car from the port to the airport or if it would be better to take a shuttle.

Thanks again for the code and any additional suggestions or advice you may be able to give us.

Just did and thank you, thank you! I just booked it - Port Everglades to Cape Canaveral! We were also considering renting a mini van or SUV to go from Cape Canaveral to the Orlando airport (on this leg there will be 5 of us and not just the two of us), but even using that code it's a bit higher than we thought it would be. Do you suggest checking back periodically to see if the rate goes down? We're trying to decide if it will be less expensive to rent a car from the port to the airport or if it would be better to take a shuttle.

Thanks again for the code and any additional suggestions or advice you may be able to give us.

You're welcome with the promo code....and yeah continue to check back because the prices will change

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all! I'm happy to report that this code Y937800 is still working wonders :D. Cheapest rate that I could find was $83.00 anywhere else, then I remembered this code and got the same car for $53 total out the door. Of course I will continue to check the rates for any price drops.

Happy sailing.

Gina

Hi all! I'm happy to report that this code Y937800 is still working wonders :D. Cheapest rate that I could find was $83.00 anywhere else, then I remembered this code and got the same car for $53 total out the door. Of course I will continue to check the rates for any price drops.

Happy sailing.

Gina

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this already on this thread, so forgive me if this is repeat info.

For Budget, try promo code: U096100

along with the coupon code of: MUWZ163

I don't know if the codes have to be in all caps or not, so try it both ways. I personally have not used the codes yet, but did jot them down after another poster stated a hugh discount by using the combo.

It was also stated that the coupon code will only work if there is a surplus of rental cars at a particular airport/site. So it may work for one and not for another.

Gotta love a bargain!!

BTW: The Budget code Y937800 has yielded me the best deal so far.

Cari H.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

I'm curious if anyone did actually book Budget from Cape Canaveral and use the zc5 location code instead of the cc5 code and were they able to get a shuttle ride from the cruise port to the rental company without having to pay the port access fee. It would still be a good deal with the fee but if it's unnecessary then I'd rather not pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just used the code above for budget and saved $75 on my week rental for my upcoming trip in May. Thank you

Thanks for the code it just saved me almost $100 on my weekend rental.

YAY!!! :D You're very welcome. Glad to be able to help my fellow cruisers.

Gina

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this already on this thread, so forgive me if this is repeat info.

For Budget, try promo code: U096100

along with the coupon code of: MUWZ163

I don't know if the codes have to be in all caps or not, so try it both ways. I personally have not used the codes yet, but did jot them down after another poster stated a hugh discount by using the combo.

It was also stated that the coupon code will only work if there is a surplus of rental cars at a particular airport/site. So it may work for one and not for another.

Gotta love a bargain!!

BTW: The Budget code Y937800 has yielded me the best deal so far.

Cari H.

Do you know where the code is from? Is membership/proof of eligibility required? It's giving me a fantastic deal but if I show up to the counter and don't have the required credentials, then I'm S.O.L.

Thanks,

Gina