Found a Budget Rental Car discount code

Eeyoregon

The coupon code MUWZ163 is worth 5.00 off on a weekend day rental. The Y937800 promo code yielded great rates for me @ 55.68 for a full size, but after trying U096100, it dropped down to 42.27 taxes included as well as the 5.00 off. Very happy....now it opens up more possibilities for hotels.

Do you know where the code is from? Is membership/proof of eligibility required? It's giving me a fantastic deal but if I show up to the counter and don't have the required credentials, then I'm S.O.L.

Thanks,

Gina

Gina,

I wish that I could tell you, but I got the code from another CC poster on these boards. I do not remember if it was on this Fla Board or from a review.

I tried to use it once for a Tampa rental and it gave me the message that there were not enough surpluss of rentals to offer the coupon special.

I then just used the Y937800.

Sorry, perhaps someone else or the original poster may see this and be able to help.

Cari H.

Gina,

I wish that I could tell you, but I got the code from another CC poster on these boards. I do not remember if it was on this Fla Board or from a review.

I tried to use it once for a Tampa rental and it gave me the message that there were not enough surpluss of rentals to offer the coupon special.

I then just used the Y937800.

Sorry, perhaps someone else or the original poster may see this and be able to help.

Cari H.

Thanks Cari. I did a google search and it appears to be a "frequent renter" discount code. I'm feeling wild and I'm going to try it, LOL.

Gina,

I've been using the Y937800 code since I got it here way back, and have saved tons of money. Just rebooked my reservations for MCO in 2 weeks with the new BCD number and the coupon code, and saved even more (rental went from $125 to $81!).

Thanks so much for posting these money savers.

Bill

The coupon code MUWZ163 is worth 5.00 off on a weekend day rental. The Y937800 promo code yielded great rates for me @ 55.68 for a full size, but after trying U096100, it dropped down to 42.27 taxes included as well as the 5.00 off. Very happy....now it opens up more possibilities for hotels.

Thanks for posting this. I just checked out the promo codes for our pre-cruise rental in April. We saved almost $40.00. We always use the Y937800 promo code but every little bit helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. I just checked out the promo codes for our pre-cruise rental in April. We saved almost $40.00. We always use the Y937800 promo code but every little bit helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My pleasure....just "paying it forward".

• 1 month later...

Heads up! This was posted on the boards a bit ago...thought I would share. I have used the code a zillion times in Orlando, Miami and FLL but not in Tampa and have never been asked for any "cards" or membership proof.

Luckily, I just changed my car rental from Budget in Tampa to Alamo last week as Alamo had lower rates showing and I prefer them anyway.

Just wanted to warn you all.

"There are a lot of really good discount codes that have been posted here on this site. I just wanted to share that last week in Tampa Bay, I attempted to use the Y937800 code @ Budget and when I went to pick up the car, Budget asked to see my Dreams-Travel card to verify I was entitled to the discount. I have rented a few times using this code and this was the very first time that I was asked for verification. They would not rent me the car without seeing the card.

Just wanted to give anyone who plans on using this code a heads-up that you may be asked for verification- it is a toss-up. I ended up heading over to Hertz and got a great AAA discount that actually ended up being less than the Y-Budget code; so it all worked out for the best, but just wanted to share in case anyone had a strict budget..... just be prepared to be asked and lucky if they don't."

• 3 months later...
Ashland, I tried several codes listed on this thread with varying results. What worked best for me was (BDC) U096100. You can add (coupon) MUWZ163 to almost any BDC code. I hope that helps.

Thank you so much....I'll give it a try..I was having trouble using a combination of BCD's and coupon codes for my Fort Lauderdale visit Sept 11..pre cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
...... What worked best for me was (BDC) U096100. You can add (coupon) MUWZ163 to almost any BDC code. .

Hi

if I use the U096100 code - what documentation do I need to have to show to the rental agent, that I am authorized to use the code ? It is a freequent user code according to the information provided on web sites.

One of the posters wrote in one of the posts that he was asked for a proof for code Y937800 in Tampa ...... he did not have it ..... so they asked for more money.

Does anyone know what is needed to use the codes ?

I used these codes in April and was not required to show any documentation. I used them in Orlando and Port Canaveral. They did not ask any questions. I guess it depends on where you are renting your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hi

if I use the U096100 code - what documentation do I need to have to show to the rental agent, that I am authorized to use the code ? It is a freequent user code according to the information provided on web sites.

One of the posters wrote in one of the posts that he was asked for a proof for code Y937800 in Tampa ...... he did not have it ..... so they asked for more money.

Does anyone know what is needed to use the codes ?

I am the poster that was asked for documentation @ the Budget counter in Tampa. (and am a she) I had used the Y937800 many times and the last time I rented, they did ask for a membership card that corresponds to that discount code. So with that said, it does not necessarily depend on the location, it is just hit or miss. I ended up not renting from them and instead had to walk over to the next counter and rent from Hertz. Thank goodness they offered a nice AAA last minute deal or I would have been paying $$.

So just be prepared with plan-B or to pay full price , as you could be asked for documentation.

Everyone seems to feel that since they were never asked that it will not happen. I can tell you that it did happen and they would not budge without proof .

BTW- the code Y937800 is for members of Dreams Travel.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

.... (and am a she) .......

So just be prepared with plan-B or to pay full price , as you could be asked for documentation.

Everyone seems to feel that since they were never asked that it will not happen. I can tell you that it did happen and they would not budge without proof .

BTW- the code Y937800 is for members of Dreams Travel.

Hi ,

I am sorry ..... I read some of your posts before and did see the signature ..... so I do know ....... I should have use "she" .

Thank you for responding to my question and sharing your experience with the Tampa Budget agent.

I am renting from the same Budget location so I could be facing the same agent and the same question. Maybe I will take the risk and be prepered to do as you did.

I saved $27 over another reservation I already have. When I started the rate was over $140 so it was almost $100 off. My question is if they reject the code because I can't show card can I keep 2 reservations open so I can use my first one as backup?

They have no credit card number. Or will they see his name on 2 reservations?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saved $27 over another reservation I already have. When I started the rate was over $140 so it was almost $100 off. My question is if they reject the code because I can't show card can I keep 2 reservations open so I can use my first one as backup?

They have no credit card number. Or will they see his name on 2 reservations?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know the answer to this but would love to find out if anyone else does? We are thinking of doing the same thing.. Making 2 separate reservations using 2 different coupon or BCD codes in case they don't accept our original reservation.