Finding shade

kayhold

I just started a new medication that requires me to avoid direct sunlight. I have never seen or heard about people bring a small umbrella (think golf umbrella) but would they allow it?

If not, does carnival have the large canvas umbrellas? I don't want to spend my cruise indoors.. I want tp lounge outside!

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

a couple years ago on the Dream my friend brought her huge Umbrella

But there are also plenty of shady places you can find.

it is the prime sunny locations by the pool that seem to have a shortage of chairs

well plenty of chairs, but people Hog them... well, their towels, books, a flip flop,

that is what is really hogging the prime location chairs :(

I think you will be fine.

Thanks. Think I will bring along our golf umbrella just incase.

kayhold, I usually take a umbrella that folds down to appox. 8"x2" for my wife to use when it rains or the sun is to hot on the islands. it has a small loop on handle to hang from backback or belt.Use to live in Mableton on South Cobb in late 60s. Pink.:D

kayhold, I usually take a umbrella that folds down to appox. 8"x2" for my wife to use when it rains or the sun is to hot on the islands. it has a small loop on handle to hang from backback or belt.Use to live in Mableton on South Cobb in late 60s. Pink.:D

Ha! I live off Oakdale and Veterans and Buckner. (used to be Bankhead)

About 10 years ago they expanded Oakdale to go all the way to South Cobb.

And thanks for the tip!

DBF was in a house fire Jan. 2011 and had some facial burns as well as on his arms and back. He has to stay out of direct sunlight or the burns can become hyperpigmentated (sp).

He wore a hat as well as sunglasses on our cruise a couple weeks ago and was always able to find a shady spot to stay in outdoors. There are several of them. :)

I am like you very sun sensitive. I have found some very very light workout pants at Target. I wear them during the day with a long sleeve shirt, again light weight and a wide brim hat. There are usually plenty of places on any ship for those like us because it seems all want to be in the sun. Yes I have gotten sun burnt and yes I get funny looks but I also have a good time so who the heck cares. I also carry a lot of Nozema as it is great for relieving sun burn pain and a big jar lasts a long time.

Archived