Man overboard on Spirit to Hawaii!

Winyf

I would say it is impossible to "fall" overboard. They either jumped or was horsing around on the railing and went over.

Unless the person was eight feet tall and leaned over too far and fell.

The railing is just too high to "accidently" fall.

Lol...that's what i meant by falling overboard :D

Glad he's OK!

Eek! Halos is on that cruise.

Not a good cruise so far. One day bad seas, and now this!

I have a friend on this cruise also. He and his wife cruise 3-4 times per year. Loves Carnival, Princess and RCCL. Hope all is well with them.

Hi, I'm on the Spirit now. The guy was asked if he was ok and he said no then jumped. He was on the Serenity Deck. A friend on this cruise talked with the couple that asked him if he was ok. So sad. We were told that his parents were onboard. Guess that took a few years off their lives. Glad he is ok. Have pictures I will post when we get home. The crew was great.

This has been an interesting trip. The first couple of days we were rocking and rolling and many sick onboard. Now this. We will be in Hilo day after tomorrow. Having a great time. The ship is beautiful and the crew is great.

Later,

Ouch that sounds scary.

I hate to be politically incorrect but let's be honest.. in many of these suicides on board the family says "they were depressed, just broke up, going on the cruise to cheer them up, he/she was having problems, mental illness, thought this would perk them up" blah blah

Honestly....a cruise may not be the best place to take a depressed or mentally ill person or a person with drug/alcohol problems

"I'm just sayin'"

Ouch that sounds scary.

I hate to be politically incorrect but let's be honest.. in many of these suicides on board the family says "they were depressed, just broke up, going on the cruise to cheer them up, he/she was having problems, mental illness, thought this would perk them up" blah blah

Honestly....a cruise may not be the best place to take a depressed or mentally ill person or a person with drug/alcohol problems

"I'm just sayin'"

This is really not the place to debate suicide or mental health. And NONE of us have any idea exactly what happened, how, or why. No matter what the story, it is always sad to hear that someone has gone overboard.

I have often wondered what it must be like to be in the water treading water watching the ship recede at 21 knots! Talk about scary.

I have actually thought about this in great morbid detail. (My brain is a little dark). I also have thoughts about being out there after you cant see the ship anymore and feel random nudging from under the water of sea critters. Ohhhh! It TOTALLY freaks me out. :eek:

I am glad to hear that this person was found, is doing well and lives to tell the tale.

Sounds like an amazing job was done by all... from the passengers who witnessed it and must have reported it, to the Captain and Cruise Director that kept the passengers informed of what was going on and onto the rescue team...

I really hope this person gets the help they need and realize how lucky they are that have a "new" chance at life.

I also hope it isn't someone that we we know from Cruise Critic....

The thought of hearing a 'Bravo Bravo Bravo'..brings tears to my eyes.

Hope he gets the help he needs and realizes what I miracle it is that he was found alive. Hope he makes the most of his life from this day forward.

Praying for that...

Thanks to all the crew and wonderful CC members for all the updates!

This is really not the place to debate suicide or mental health. And NONE of us have any idea exactly what happened, how, or why. No matter what the story, it is always sad to hear that someone has gone overboard.

Well now the story clearly says he JUMPED from the Serenity area

once the ship passed the "point of no return"

must not have been the "back" back of the ship though. he would have landed on a balcony somewhere between deck 8 and 5. that would have been some surprise.

Sorry to hear.

Still can't figure out how you go overboard by accident?

I've looked almost every place on a ship and unless you're very strong it would even be hard to throw some one off the ship let alone fall. The rail comes up to my chest and I'm 5'5. I do not see how it's possible.

Sad isn't it? That's the last way I would want to go, hope he gets the right treatment for his problem with living.

This is the post that our friends Lanie and Bill (TexasCruzrs) had on the Crazies thread just a bit ago.........

Good morning Crazie Ones!! It is 7:40 a.m. here and we are 5 hours behind you. Tonight we set the clocks back yet again!

I'm sure you all know this by now, but at 1:30 p.m. yesterday afternoon, some idiot "dove" off the Serenity Deck; then resurfaced and waved to everyone! I am absolutely amazed at how fast the crew reacted and the ship turned around. By 2:15 p.m. they had him back on board.....uninjured! Praise the Lord. It gave us all quite a scare and I have the highest praise for our captain and crew. We got to see all crew members in action.

This is our last sea day of 4. Tomorrow we will dock in Hilo.....at least I think that's what Bill told me. lol

I should be able to use my phone on the island and will try to keep in touch and send pictures. We are having a fantastic time. The Spirit is not like any of the other Carnival ships and it has an elegant beauty that I can't describe.

Love and miss all of you.........

I wonder if he will be put off the ship in Hilo tomorrow????

Archived