Just got a call from Carnival

Imachillin

So, the phone rang and I saw that it was Carnival and got excited that maybe it's the upsell fairy. Well, when I answered it, it was a recording saying it was Carnival calling, and then something to the effect of "I'm sorry there are no agents available. Thank you, Goodbye", and that was it.

The 800 phone number on my caller id didn't work, but if I hit redial, it dialed Carnivals 305 area code. I have no idea what department I needed when I called back, so I just hung up.

Anyone ever had a call like this, and if so, what is it about?? :confused:

So, the phone rang and I saw that it was Carnival and got excited that maybe it's the upsell fairy. Well, when I answered it, it was a recording saying it was Carnival calling, and then something to the effect of "I'm sorry there are no agents available. Thank you, Goodbye", and that was it.

Last week I got a call from Carnival but when I answered, no one was there. I figured I had hit the wrong button or had a senior moment.

Insurance upsell!! That was what I got from the 305 area code!!

Make sure you have X documents, luggage tags, etc.

So now I still wait for the infamous Upsell fairy!! :D

Don't get too excited. I got my first ever call from the fairy last week - he offered me a move from the extended balcony I have booked on the Pride to an Ocean Suite for a mere $840 plus I would lose my early saver OBC. All of which adds up to more than what the ocean suites are going for on the website right now! :eek: It was almost an insult. The poor guy didn't have a clue - he kept trying to tell me I'd get VIP boarding when I'm already platinum and that the extended balconies were only 35 sq ft. :rolleyes:

I received an email a few weeks back from the upsell fairy. They were offering us an upgrade from a 7c to an 8d for an additional $40. I asked here if I should take them up on it, and even put a call in to our PVP and left him a message (which he never called me back about). So, even though it seemed like a great deal, We decided to stay in our cove.

A few years ago when we were booked on the Fascination and had an extended aft balcony, we got the call to upgrade to a suite for an additional $340. We turned that down also, merely because we were looking forward to the extended aft.....and absolutely loved our cabin and balcony. Oh, and the gentleman calling kept pushing the VIP boarding also.

I just received a $40 upgrade offer email (currently in a Cove Balcony). I tried calling but they're closed for the night. Any idea what kind of upgrade / room they're offering? We picked the cove many months back (early saver) and not sure we really want to give it up (curious about the cove / close to water). Also, the price dropped $140 and have that in on-board credit. Would we lose the credit if we upgraded? We've only been on one cruise and appreciate the assistance!

Your upgrade would depend on what is available on the ship. For us, we have a cove, and I could have picked a balcony cabin on the lido, vista, verandah, or empress deck. We stayed with the cove to be close to the water, and I believe the balconies are approximately 10 square feet larger.

If you upgrade for the $40, and I could be wrong, but it would make sense that your on-board credit would be reduced to $100.

Archived