2013 Brochure.....

I think the underlying message is that perhaps the Celebration one by being brought into line with Spirit will in fact not be quite as good as it was before and I wouldn't expec that they would be improving the deal on water unfortunately.

I hope they keep the amaretto on the AI its my favorite lol but it didn't matter how much i drank could not even get a little bit tipsy:o but at bed time with the vibration on ship i was thinking is that me or the ship:p

will have to wait and see when we go,only problem is deciding when to go as limited with school hols and funds:(

Single Inside is £494 - yes prices are for the 13 nights! Check out CD as they were quoting cheaper prices but also if you go online on Thomson website on Weds, the prices will prob be cheaper than the brochure - they were last year!

The one we are looking at for 2013 is quoting £260 cheaper per person on the other website - I spoke to them on the phone yesterday; they can't quote for cabin supplements etc until Weds; the prices they have online are their "lead-in" prices they have been given by Thomson for the dates online for the most basic cabins

Last year the cabin supplements were exactly the same in the brochure, on line, and CD.

Not liking this apparent change in AI. Like many on here, I've always thought that the selection of drinks was better on Celebration and Dream.

Julessmiles, I wonder if you could please just check how much the Crimean Discovery on Thomson Celebration for 08 July is going for please? :)

Not liking this apparent change in AI. Like many on here, I've always thought that the selection of drinks was better on Celebration and Dream.

Julessmiles, I wonder if you could please just check how much the Crimean Discovery on Thomson Celebration for 08 July is going for please? :)

If it's for 1 week, basic price is £1049 or £1719 for 2 weeks plus any cabin upgrades/flight supps.

I hope they keep the amaretto on the AI its my favorite lol but it didn't matter how much i drank could not even get a little bit tipsy:o but at bed time with the vibration on ship i was thinking is that me or the ship:p

will have to wait and see when we go,only problem is deciding when to go as limited with school hols and funds:(

I'm sure Amaretto wasn't included on the Spirit - I remember drinking lots on the Celebration but none on the Spirit the following year:(

Just been having a look at Thomson's website regarding Celebration's sailings to see when it's going in for its refurb. It's doing cruises for the whole winter season up to April, with its last Red Sea cruise on 18 April, finishing on 25 April. Then I'm guessing it will have to go on a re-positioning cruise to get to Marmaris ready for 06 May. When will it be having its refurb then?

Even if it is a short re-positioning cruise, it will need to get to whichever port it is having the work done, be given the refurbs, and then sailed to Marmaris ready for the summer season. If these dates are still correct, that would give about 2 days for a refurb to happen, if that!?!?!? I'm guessing then that cruises would have to be cancelled would they to get the ship ready? They've already stated that it's going to have the refurbs ready for summer 2013 with its sailings from Marmaris, not for any Red Sea cruises.

In the new brochure on the Cruise Calendar, is there any gap at all between April Red Sea sailings and May Marmaris cruises? Is there a re-positioning cruise in between? If not, cruises must be being cancelled. If so, I wonder when people will be told? :confused:

Just been having a look at Thomson's website regarding Celebration's sailings to see when it's going in for its refurb. It's doing cruises for the whole winter season up to April, with its last Red Sea cruise on 18 April, finishing on 25 April. Then I'm guessing it will have to go on a re-positioning cruise to get to Marmaris ready for 06 May. When will it be having its refurb then?

Even if it is a short re-positioning cruise, it will need to get to whichever port it is having the work done, be given the refurbs, and then sailed to Marmaris ready for the summer season. If these dates are still correct, that would give about 2 days for a refurb to happen, if that!?!?!? I'm guessing then that cruises would have to be cancelled would they to get the ship ready? They've already stated that it's going to have the refurbs ready for summer 2013 with its sailings from Marmaris, not for any Red Sea cruises.

In the new brochure on the Cruise Calendar, is there any gap at all between April Red Sea sailings and May Marmaris cruises? Is there a re-positioning cruise in between? If not, cruises must be being cancelled. If so, I wonder when people will be told? :confused:

In the past they have substituted Spirit for Celebration so they might well do that again. It would be typical Thomson HQ to not bother telling anyone for several months yet :rolleyes:

Now for a 'proper' refurb they would have to do a lot of work to the bathrooms. with almost 700 to do it would take several weeks.

This is what I said in my earlier posting - can't quite understand when they are going to re-furb the public areas (people have posted on here that some cabins have already been upgraded)

The last cruise on celebration in Oct ends on 29th and there does not appear to be one then until 7 Nov from what I can see. The last cruise from Red Sea on 25th April is 11 nights arriving in Marmaris on 6 May then sets sail again on 6 May!! The Spirit does not appear to be doing anything after 3rd Nov until 6 March.....

This is what I said in my earlier posting - can't quite understand when they are going to re-furb the public areas (people have posted on here that some cabins have already been upgraded)

The last cruise on celebration in Oct ends on 29th and there does not appear to be one then until 7 Nov from what I can see. The last cruise from Red Sea on 25th April is 11 nights arriving in Marmaris on 6 May then sets sail again on 6 May!! The Spirit does not appear to be doing anything after 3rd Nov until 6 March.....

Don't know what they're going to do then as the press releases have kind of been saying that Celebration is only going to have the refurbs May onwards, and Spirit can't replace Celebration in March & April as it's got its own itineraries? Cruises must be being cancelled or altered then?

Don't know what they're going to do then as the press releases have kind of been saying that Celebration is only going to have the refurbs May onwards, and Spirit can't replace Celebration in March & April as it's got its own itineraries? Cruises must be being cancelled or altered then?

I share Dave's view - that if there isn't enough time as you have pointed out for any significant work to be done on Celebration, I reckon they will have to substitute Spirit at some point to take Celebration out of service. At least they don't have the cabin swap issues to worry about!! But you're right about Spirit's March and April sailings - that would create problems and I doubt they will want to cancel cruises - so will this refurb happen during the winter season? :rolleyes:

I share Dave's view - that if there isn't enough time as you have pointed out for any significant work to be done on Celebration, I reckon they will have to substitute Spirit at some point to take Celebration out of service. At least they don't have the cabin swap issues to worry about!! But you're right about Spirit's March and April sailings - that would create problems and I doubt they will want to cancel cruises - so will this refurb happen during the winter season? :rolleyes:

That's what I'm wondering, because I doubt they'd advertise cruises now in the new brochure on Spirit for March/April if they're planning on getting rid of them to let Spirit replace Celebration then. Saying that, they're not saying anywhere though that Spirit will be replacing Celebration in January/February either. Strange? :confused:

Would have thought then that Celebration will be refurbed for some of its Red Sea cruises then?

So that's how you got the brochure :D

My TA 'phoned today and said she was reserving me a brochure and I could collect it on THURSDAY!

Gonna see ours tommorrow and see if they have a copy

Hi Jules,could you please check out whether the excursions from Le Havre go to the invasion beaches, many thanks.

They don't list excursions; just says "Travel to the region's coast tp see the white cliffs of Dieppe & Etretat. Back in the 2nd WW, 150,000 troops landed on the beaches here on a mission that would prove to change the history of the war"

I would think they would be silly not to offer that trip though - the landing beaches aren't too far from Le Havre - an hour's drive to Arromanche maybe?

So that's how you got the brochure :D

My TA 'phoned today and said she was reserving me a brochure and I could collect it on THURSDAY!

No, just pure nice-ness on my husband's part; flashed his lovely smile at the local TA (I don't like to go in as we don't book with them but they are a Thomson shop)

My friend who we book with who is a Travel Agent with Thomson in Weston Super Mare (in a busy agency) hasn't even got them yet....and nor had the lady I spoke to at CD on Saturday! ( I do wonder if perhaps she shouldn't have given it out being as nobody on here seems to have got one - perhaps my husband convinced her that she was going to get a booking, poor lady and she was ever so nice)

Just one brochure - Platinum is highlighted on certain pages - the Dream from start of Winter '12 Caribbean seaon and Celebration in summer '13. Not sure when they are going to upgrade the Celebration as there only appears to be a few odd weeks when it appears to be out of service before start of summer '13 and only about 3 weeks prior to the Dream going to the Caribbean.

The photos of the cabins are exactly the same as this year - not even an artists impression!! (although there are some artists impression of the ship's interiors.)

Just seen this on the Thomson Blog:

" The Thomson Celebration will go through it’s Platinum upgrade during October and November 2012 when the ship is out of service, and ongoing throughout Red Sea season in empty cabins only."

" The Thomson Celebration will go through it’s Platinum upgrade during October and November 2012 when the ship is out of service, and ongoing throughout Red Sea season in empty cabins only."

Well spotted Little Nell - that answers our confusion! So I guess public areas first. That means passengers for the Red Sea will benefit and with a rolling programme of cabin refurbs so it will be pot luck whether you get one that's been done or not -but the better the chance the later in the season. Thanks for the info. :)

I was thinking about the logistics of this refurbishment. I wonder if they will do a deck at a time and not sell these cabins until they are done. I wouldn't fancy being near to a refurbishment during my holiday. With the best will in the world there will be noise and mess. Hope the passengers are not inconvenienced too much.

I was thinking about the logistics of this refurbishment. I wonder if they will do a deck at a time and not sell these cabins until they are done. I wouldn't fancy being near to a refurbishment during my holiday. With the best will in the world there will be noise and mess. Hope the passengers are not inconvenienced too much.

Yes, could be an issue! They will have to be careful over the logistics to ensure passengers aren't disturbed - dust and noise would not be good news!

According to their new brochure, it is only out of service for 1 week - from 29th October then sails again on 7th November......I guess they will be getting a huge load of contractors on during that week......at least the public areas will be looking good for the people doing the Red Sea cruises over the winter!

Yes, could be an issue! They will have to be careful over the logistics to ensure passengers aren't disturbed - dust and noise would not be good news!

If they are doing a lot of the refurbs when they're sailing this winter, I do have to wonder how much and how far these refurbs are actually going?

Archived