2013 Brochure.....

£1929 - basic price per adult

£84 pp per week outside deck 8/9

£56 pppw outside deck 3/4

£112 pppw outside deck 6/7

£30 flight supplement from Luton

Can you tell I used to be a travel agent lol ;) ;)

Thank you :D - Roll on Wednesday!

I haven't been able to find a deck plan on the Thomson Website but yes, the deck plan in the brochure is good - very clear. Fixed seating for dinner in the larger Seven Seas Restaurant (early or late) too. There seem to be quite a lot of 4 berth cabins and also a lot that convert to double beds on the Majesty.

This is a change from the original plan which listed open dining like Dream etc. So they are retaining fixed dining like Destiny?

This is a change from the original plan which listed open dining like Dream etc. So they are retaining fixed dining like Destiny?

I thought they had originally said open seating on Majesty too ; looks like it - doesn't mention with the smaller Seven Seas restaurant whether that is fixed or open seating though; just says "Slightly smaller than Seven Seas, this is a more intimate alternative to the main dining room"

I thought they had originally said open seating on Majesty too ; looks like it - doesn't mention with the smaller Seven Seas restaurant whether that is fixed or open seating though; just says "Slightly smaller than Seven Seas, this is a more intimate alternative to the main dining room"

On Louis they used both dining rooms for fixed dining.

I have also just read the following:-

AI Drinks Package:-

"If you're departing after 1st November 2012, please note that we will be making changes to our AI Drinks package. Our loyal customers will be able to see the changes onboard Thomson Dream and Celebration. They'll now offer a packakge that's more consistent with the other ships in our fleet. The changes will be small and you can still expect a great range of drinks on offer"

I have also just read the following:-

AI Drinks Package:-

"If you're departing after 1st November 2012, please note that we will be making changes to our AI Drinks package. Our loyal customers will be able to see the changes onboard Thomson Dream and Celebration. They'll now offer a packakge that's more consistent with the other ships in our fleet. The changes will be small and you can still expect a great range of drinks on offer"

just been on the celebration and in my opinion the AI was fine ,any idea what these changes are as we are looking to booking another cruise for next year,only thing that could be improved was the bottled water thing :confused:

just been on the celebration and in my opinion the AI was fine ,any idea what these changes are as we are looking to booking another cruise for next year,only thing that could be improved was the bottled water thing :confused:

We have thought in the past that the AI on Celebration was much better than on Spirit - which seems to be the implied message by the proposed change from Nov 2012 on Dream and Celebration. Seems the way it's worded that it's not going to be an improvement or they'd have spelt it out more clearly.

I can't tell you exactly what the differences were except that there were definitely significantly fewer cocktails on offer on Spirit (on the menu as a whole - not just those which were included in the AI without a supplement). It did look to me as though the whole AI menu was less extensive on Spirit.

Didn't someone highlight on here a few days ago that they'd read that the 'new' AI on Dream was going to include only local drinks? Does that mean a reduction in the range of beers and spirits included in the AI?

Anyone know anything more specific?

P.S. Begs the question as to why the Spirit and Majesty aren't being brought into line with the other two (better) AIs. Well that's silly really - of course we all know why!!! Dave's bean counters again! :(

Just one brochure - Platinum is highlighted on certain pages - the Dream from start of Winter '12 Caribbean seaon and Celebration in summer '13. Not sure when they are going to upgrade the Celebration as there only appears to be a few odd weeks when it appears to be out of service before start of summer '13 and only about 3 weeks prior to the Dream going to the Caribbean.

They will only need a few weeks to do the refit - probably two or three will be enough. It is only cosmetic changes after all - new furnishings. Nothing major or structural.

We have thought in the past that the AI on Celebration was much better than on Spirit - which seems to be the implied message by the proposed change from Nov 2012 on Dream and Celebration. Seems the way it's worded that it's not going to be an improvement or they'd have spelt it out more clearly.

I can't tell you exactly what the differences were except that there were definitely significantly fewer cocktails on offer on Spirit (on the menu as a whole - not just those which were included in the AI without a supplement). It did look to me as though the whole AI menu was less extensive on Spirit.

Didn't someone highlight on here a few days ago that they'd read that the 'new' AI on Dream was going to include only local drinks? Does that mean a reduction in the range of beers and spirits included in the AI?

Anyone know anything more specific?

P.S. Begs the question as to why the Spirit and Majesty aren't being brought into line with the other two (better) AIs. Well that's silly really - of course we all know why!!! Dave's bean counters again! :(

That was probably me. i read on the Thomson site that the AI in their platinum hotels included local drinks only and was worried they would try it on the ships as well.

That was probably me. i read on the Thomson site that the AI in their platinum hotels included local drinks only and was worried they would try it on the ships as well.

Oh not the ships........at least yet! But some changes creeping in nevertheless. Wonder if you're right and it's just a matter of time!

There seem to be quite a few Outside Plus cabins together on both deck 7 and 8 .

To upgrade to Deck 6/7 outside plus is £154 per person per week. To upgrade to Deck 8/9 outside plus is £126 per person per week. (these prices are for the season May - October 2013)

Thanks again

£1399 basic price per person

£598 single outside

£91 per person for outside deck 1 or 2

I wonder if this thread will get deleted??

Mmm! £1997

that is for 13 nights?

I presume a inside single will be cheaper?

The brochure price on P&O Arcadia Baltic 14 nighter in May is

£2100 for a inside double single occupancy. Then there are apparently additional discounts and onboard credit if you shop around.

P&O is £13 cheaper per night for a way better cabin location. Looks as if i might be shopping ;)

Mmm! £1997

that is for 13 nights?

£2100 for a inside double single occupancy. Then there are apparently additional discounts and onboard credit if you shop around.

P&O is £13 cheaper per night for a way better cabin location. Looks as if i might be shopping ;)

That basic price on the other Thomson site is £1219 (not 1399) but can't pick up the supplements on there so not sure about the single cabin situation. But there is also £50 obc bringing basic down to £1169 with free car parking - parking likely to be on offer with Thomson but whether obc is I wouldn't know.

Mmm! £1997

that is for 13 nights?

Single Inside is £494 - yes prices are for the 13 nights! Check out CD as they were quoting cheaper prices but also if you go online on Thomson website on Weds, the prices will prob be cheaper than the brochure - they were last year!

The one we are looking at for 2013 is quoting £260 cheaper per person on the other website - I spoke to them on the phone yesterday; they can't quote for cabin supplements etc until Weds; the prices they have online are their "lead-in" prices they have been given by Thomson for the dates online for the most basic cabins

Hi could you please look up the British Isles cruise from Harwich on August 24th I think,inside cabin deck 3 thanks.

Brochure price is £1199

upgrade to deck 3/4 inside is £60

It's 27th Aug - they've got a 4 night cruise to Holland, France & Belgium before the British Isles on 23rd!

That basic price on the other Thomson site is £1219 (not 1399) but can't pick up the supplements on there so not sure about the single cabin situation. But there is also £50 obc bringing basic down to £1169 with free car parking - parking likely to be on offer with Thomson but whether obc is I wouldn't know.

Thomson are still doing the £50 obc for each adult for ex-uk cruises

We've been on the Spirit and Celebration. The Spirit had less available on the AI option but there was still plenty to drink!!!

Single Inside is £494 - yes prices are for the 13 nights! Check out CD as they were quoting cheaper prices but also if you go online on Thomson website on Weds, the prices will prob be cheaper than the brochure - they were last year!

The one we are looking at for 2013 is quoting £260 cheaper per person on the other website - I spoke to them on the phone yesterday; they can't quote for cabin supplements etc until Weds; the prices they have online are their "lead-in" prices they have been given by Thomson for the dates online for the most basic cabins

No go, hopefully I will be bouncing around the Bay of Biscay and won't be back until May

it will be interesting to see what P&O's onboard booking deal will be

I think the underlying message is that perhaps the Celebration one by being brought into line with Spirit will in fact not be quite as good as it was before and I wouldn't expec that they would be improving the deal on water unfortunately.

The cruises are being advertised on the 'other' Thomson site with prices so if you type in the dates you are interested in with a +/-2 or 3 weeks the range will come up for a month and the itneraries are included in the cruise details.

Hate to ask but what is the "other" Website i need to know???

Archived