Honest Opinion/Advice on Prices needed

TACMS

To begin with, my first choice on any cruise is with RCCL, but have sailed Carnival (and Princess and Holland) in the past. Most of my cruises are on RCCL. We have booked the Dream for August mainly because of price. My question is: Do you think that RCCL prices will come down for August 2012? I really want to sail on the Freedom again, but the dollar amount is a significant difference from Carnival - $300 or more! We could have/should have booked lasat month when it was a little cheaper (but you snooze, you lose!). Then overnight, the price for an inside room went up $200!

We have to make final payment for the Dream by the end of May. Any 'experts/advice' out there that may think the prices will drop for RCCL Freedom and then we can 'jump ship' and sail RCCL again?

Its all about supply and demand, and some cruises always sell. Usually prices don't move drastically down until after final payments, therefore I'd say smart money says your going on Carnival. To make things a little better, I'm going to work that week, you've got to tolerate a cruise vacation.:) Enjoy the trip.

I would say take a look at how many cabins are available on Freedom in the category that you would like to book. If you see a lot of availability I would say you have a good chance at price drops. If there are not then it probably won't happen. For our sailing of Navigator last month there was a big fire sale on inside and ocean view cabins about 3-4 weeks before the cruise. I had predicted that it would happen as there were plenty of cabins available in those categories after final payment date. However, balconies skyrocketed as there were very few and there were no suites.

Highly doubtful. July and August are high cruise season, and prices tend to go up, not down. For example, we're booked on FOS at the end of July, and the price has risen about $150/pp since we booked. We've been on FOS the past three August's, and have never seen a price drop.:(

We were on FOS in august and it was not cheap. Because we have a school aged child, we travel in the summer time. We just paid the price. I think when you just "step out in faith", the money is there.

I was thinking you are going on Carival Dream. Is it Disney Dream?

Thank you all for the answers/advice. I figured I would be sailing Carnival, and it looks that way. We are looking at August 11 sailing on Carnival Dream (room 7457). We are traveling with others that have an aft balcony on deck 7 too.

Just not happy about the room (inside). Apparently they took all the 'chairs' out of the inside rooms, and only have the vanity chair at the desk. The room looks REALLY small and not much furniture - just a small desk (with vanity chair) and a mini frdge that serves as a table/top area.

I have looked at all the inside cabin pictures from the site "" cruise line rooms dot com "". All the reviews I have read, the Dream does seem like a nice ship.

As I have posted in the past, my mom will need some kind of chair to sit on (with arms) to help her get up.

I wouldn't expect any discounts prior to final payment date. After that, it depends on what's left. Usually there is a big drop just after final payment date (depending on availability), then those get scooped up and prices go back up till a couple weeks befor sailing. If there are openings left, you'll see another drop then. As noted previously, this is prime cruising time for families so there may not be cabins available. Enjoy!

Harry

Archived