Can you recommend a nice hotel in Venice?

Don P

We stayed at the hotel al ponte mocenigo and really liked it. I think the price was moderate and not too expensive. It is rated very highly on travel sites. The croisant breakfast is oustanding. It is about 1 block off of the Grand Canal. It is not a big place, no lounge, etc. There are not a lot of big hotels in Venice, and I don't remember many hotels on the Grand Canal. I would prefer not to be on the Grand Canal, the charming places in Venice are on the smaller canals. Many of the big buildings on the Grand Canal appear to be not used and empty.

I agree.....nothing less than 300 euros is decent. I want a personal recommendation from someone who has stayed at the hotel in Venice they recommend.

How much do you want to spend? I'm trying to find a hotel too - and there are SO many choices my head is spinning! I'd like to keep mine around $200 but it sure looks like I'll have to go up to at least $300 for a good one!

Vic

If you look over the first few pages you'll find many recommendations for this popular question. Or use a site like venere to find a hotel. Enter your dates and budget, then search by list or map:

http://www.venere.com/italy/venice/

This is another good site:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/piazza-san-marco-hotels-riva-degli-schiavoni.htm

(consider the Hilton Molina Stucky if you have points )

The Gritti Palace, Europa Regina, The Bower, Hotel Cipriani across the canal on the Aisle Guidecca and the Hotel San Clemente in the Lagoon. We have stayed at all and our favorites are the Cipriani and San Clemente, getting away from the crowds for a few hours is nice and the green and gardens are great to walk around.

I'm taking my own advice and staying at a Best Western, I've always had great luck staying there throughout Europe. I've stayed in 2 in Venice in the past and they were both great. I tried about 6 hotels today and they didn't have availability, so I grabbed the Best Western Montecarlo, Venezia when it showed available!

Looks good to me and a pretty reasonable price (for Venice).

Vic

Hotel Locanda Salieri (Book direct via their website) small, quiet on canal near Piazzale de Roma, St.Lucia station, and Grand Canal Vaporettos # 1 & 2 . Easy walking distance to Piazzale de Roma for People Mover to / from Cruise terminal . Excellent in house restaurant also . Family run hotel.

Archived