We're live on Brilliance TA - 4/29

gkm

snipped.....

Lucielle (our waitress) came to me last evening with a new REVISED DINING SCHEDULE. While the Brilliance is in Europe the schedule is as follows:

Deck 4: 7:00 and 9:30

Deck 5: 7:30 and 10:00

Garry

Gary,

What does the deck 4 and deck 5 stands for as far as seating schedule is concern?

Gary,

What does the deck 4 and deck 5 stands for as far as seating schedule is concern?

Quite simple: The Minstrel Dining Room spans over two Decks, that would be Deck 4 and 5, so the Decks will start the Seatings indepent from each other.

You have early Seating on Deck 4, you will eat at 7pm. You have early Seating on Deck 5, you will eat at 7.30pm. And don't you dare to be one minute late...!!:D :D

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Bob and Garry,

We'll take over from you tomorrow in Barcelona:D :D !!

Even only for a short 3 Night-Cruise, better than not cruising at all, right??!!

Thanks for taking care of her, we'll make sure she's as beautiful as always for her upcoming Med Cruises!:cool:

Cheers,

Phil

Phil,

I know you are on the Brilliance as I write this and you can see that we left it in good shape) except for the heel marks we made as they forcefully dragged us off the ship).

Barcelona is a wonderful city and we love our hotel (Continental) overlooking La Ramblas. The people-watching is excellent from our balcony.

Unless there are additional questions, this will be our last post. Garry (gkm) and I have had a great cruise and enjoyed sharing information with you.

Happy cruising to all!

Garry and Bob,

Your info has been soooo helpful. We are even more excited about being on the Brilliance in 2 weeks thanks to you guys. We will be having a 3 night post cruise stay at the Continental. How early were you able to check in? How is the all day snack buffet and breakfast? Any other info about the hotel would be great. Do you still plan on posting Brilliance menus?? We are looking forward to reading about all of the yummy food!! Thanks again! Emilie

Emilie,

We are in the airport lounge waiting for our flight and saw your question and nice comment. We've enjoyed sharing our cruise.

We took a private tour of Montserrat and did not arrive at the hotel until about 2:00 and had no problem checking in. Before we left home, I asked, and they told us we could leave our luggage in their storage room if we arrived before the room was ready. We saw people checking in as early as noon.

The buffet for breakfast includes a selection of cereals, some fruit, and bread/rolls with jams/spreads/butter available. The rest of the day, some fruit and sweet rolls along with a selection of breads are available. Coffee and juice was available at all times. It's a charming hotel and if you can, get a room overlooking La Rambla. It's quite a street. Sort of like Bourbon Street without the jazz. Look for the mimes (living statues) all along the way. They are very creative and appealing.

Bob will either put the menus on a web page and put a link here, or e-mail them to anyone who requests them. We'll post here with how to find them, probably by next week-end.

Jim, we stayed in the Continental Barcelona--the one that's on La Rambla. We loved it, and if you can, get a room with a balcony overlooking La Rambla. It's such fun to watch all of the people on the street!

Garry

Phil,

I know you are on the Brilliance as I write this and you can see that we left it in good shape) except for the heel marks we made as they forcefully dragged us off the ship).

Barcelona is a wonderful city and we love our hotel (Continental) overlooking La Ramblas. The people-watching is excellent from our balcony.

Unless there are additional questions, this will be our last post. Garry (gkm) and I have had a great cruise and enjoyed sharing information with you.

Happy cruising to all!

Hi everybody!

Ok, this Cruise has ended far too early, but it was more than nice! Yes, Bob and Garry have left the Ship and Crew in a wonderful condition, no doubt about that!:D

@ Emilie: Ok, found out about the Dining Schedule, as explained earlier, 7 and 9.30 pm will be the seatings on Deck 4 and 7.30 and 10pm on Deck 5.

They seat all spanish speaking people on Deck 5 and the rest on Deck 4! On Deck 5 you have Waiters who speak Spanish, as all Cruises out of Barcelona carry a large number of spanish guests!

Everything was repeated in Spanish (Announcements, etc.). Not a problem at all, just an observation.

Will write more if I can find the Time!

Happy Cruising to you all!

Cheers,

Phil

:)

Phil,

Thanks for the info. That's interesting about Spanish speaking guests being seated on deck 5. I guess we'll be eating with the Spaniards! No problem though...I was a Spanish major in college, DH is a native Spanish speaker, he's Peruvian. Hey, I wonder if that's why we got this particular seating??? It just occured to me that we did have to list our nationalities...:rolleyes: How is the new menu going so far? Thanks again!! Emilie

Phil,

Thanks for the info. That's interesting about Spanish speaking guests being seated on deck 5. I guess we'll be eating with the Spaniards! No problem though...I was a Spanish major in college, DH is a native Spanish speaker, he's Peruvian. Hey, I wonder if that's why we got this particular seating??? It just occured to me that we did have to list our nationalities...:rolleyes: How is the new menu going so far? Thanks again!! Emilie

Hi Emilie,

Should you want to change your dining-seating, just visit the Maitre D' in the Dining Room on Deck 5, he should be there from 11.30 or noon on embarkation-day. We also changed our seating, he had some problem finding space at first, but found a perfect solution just minutes later.

Yes, the Menucards look different than 3 Weeks ago on the Legend TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon. But the items are still very familiar. Basically, the Layout has changed, but the Menu items have more or less remained.

A positive Note about the Food: I had the impression, that the Food was far better than on the Legend of the Seas, really good!:)

We also had in our Docs the 7.30pm Seating, but received the 7pm-Seating upon Check-In, so you might want to check that when you receive your Seapass Cards!

Anything else you want to know, just ask!

Cheers,

Phil

Lisa, I want to see them too! I've been so busy I haven't had time to start working on them. I'm overloaded at work and by the time I get home my eyes are bleary. It's nice to be needed, but my goodness, it would have been O.K. to do some of it!:eek: We haven't even unloaded them from the laptop yet. This weekend (I hope) I can work on this.

Garry

Garry,

Just wanted to add that we can't wait to see pics and menus either! We are leaving next Thursday for a 3-day stay in Rome before we board the Brilliance on Sunday the 29th. I know you must feel overloaded at work....so just whenever you get a chance. We'll try to be patient. ;) Thanks again!

Emilie

It was great fun being with you on our crossing and on various tours. Working on South America itinerary in January 06. Considering Oceania Insignia or Infinity.

Love from Greta.

Marty:)

Marty, we booked the Jewel for the Baltics on July 1, 2006, and got the same cabin! Lucky us. We sure enjoyed being with you and Greta! What fun to sail with such nice people!;) Give Greta a hug for me.

Garry

edgr22 (and anyone interested),

I have posted the pictures gkm (my DW) took of the menus on a webpage at the link below. The quality of the posted pictures is not as good as they were when she took them, but I had to reduce them to fit on a page. Most should be pretty readable on the web, but you could also copy them to your computer and blow them up with any picture-viewing software.

I hope you can read them OK and they give you what you wanted.

http://home.comcast.net/~gkmcruises/menus.htm

The food looks fabulous! I don't see how anyone could complain about these selections! Bob and Gerry, I have really enjoyed cyber cruising along with you as you took 'our' ship to Barcelona for the summer. :) Thanks!

Garry,

Just wanted to add that we can't wait to see pics and menus either! We are leaving next Thursday for a 3-day stay in Rome before we board the Brilliance on Sunday the 29th. I know you must feel overloaded at work....so just whenever you get a chance. We'll try to be patient. ;) Thanks again!

Emilie

Emilie, I've so envious of you going to Rome! We did that before our cruise in September and spent 2 nights. What a magical city! I hope we can go back. We threw our coins in the fountain, and that's suppose to bring you back to Rome.:D Have a wonderful time.

Garry

Allen, we had 2 smart casual nights and 3 formal. I would say that for the most part everyone followed the dress code. To be honest I wasn't really looking around the room to see. I was more interested in how handsome my "date" looked and how much fun we were having. Unlike Celebrity, I did notice that a lot of people change clothes after dinner. Being a female that enjoys dressing up for the evening, I found it disappointing, but it didn't affect our evening. We still danced and drank martinis.:D

Garry

Thanks, Garry. I'll take a blazer or suit just in case. I, too, like the way Celebrity encourages passengers to stay dressed up for the evening. Our favorite ships are Celebrity's M-Class ships, but we're giving the Brilliance a try because it had the Mediterranean itinerary we wanted. It's about the same size as the Summit and Constellation, which we loved, and I've heard a lot of good things about it, so we're excited.

Allen

Archived