OK Hawaii--Here We Come Again!

yseone

I can't believe it but I just booked another trip to Hawaii on the Island Princess for 4/21/06--we just took this cruise in January! I guess we are hooked on the Islands! LOL!

I just had to share--I knew that all of you fellow cruise nuts would think that I was sane for doing this--right?

My hubby, parents and myself loved the last trip so much and even though I researched EVERYTHING under the sun for Hawaii there is soooo much left we want to do so back we go.

Of course wouldn't you know it but the prices that were quoted to me just a few weeks ago went up when I tried to book AND the cabin I wanted was gone, and so was our second choice in cabins but luckily I think we got a good cabin close to where we stayed in last time. We need a quad room so it does not give us mnay choices for our price range. Of course now I have to get busy selling things on Ebay to pay for this new trip!

Just had to share--thanks for reading!

Yseone :)

Wow tell me more about this Hawaii cruise. Just posted a question on the ask a cruise question board about cruises to Hawaii. Would love to do it. Just off the Caribbean Princess last week. What is the Island Princess like? How big is it? Where does it sail from? Really interested so please tell me more. Loved the Caribbean Princess and Personal choice Dining.

We just got back from an RCCL cruise and were so very disappointed in the ship. I have friends who went on the Island Princess twice. Once to the Panama Canal and once from LA to Hawaii and back. They love the ship. Their only complaint was there wasn't enough time in the islands--too many sea days going both ways. I had a 10 day Hawaii cruise with RCCL. We sailed back to Ensenada. I hated the last two sea days--rough seas and chilly weather. I wish I had flown both ways and spent my time cruising the islands more like NCL does. I also missed the Freestyle Dining on NCL. I hate assigned dining times eating in one restaurant each night. Our last NCL cruise was on the Dawn. We had ten restaurants to choose from. I loved eating when it was convenient for me. I also liked the different decor in each restaurant. Felt like we were at a resort destination trying a new restaurant every night. It looks to me like more and more ships will be adding restaurants on all cruiselines. Can't wait.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Hello all!

rerepunim--I am not sure which blocks of cabins were sold out but we were looking at a few cabins on Cat. F Emerald deck and as I told the TA which one to book she said it was gone but she did find us a good one I think. The last time we stayed in E328 (which is the same type of cabin we have this time--fully obstructed) but we were between the life boats so it was ok. Unfortunately we were over the Wheelhouse Bar right where the band performs so every night was THUMP THUMP from the bass. I am a light sleeper so that was not a great place to be. This time we are over Sabitinis so I am sure it will be better.

Linda2433--The Island is a BEAUTIFUL ship! We had been on the Star Princess when it was new and thought that no other ship could compare but the Island really does. She is smaller than the Star but she has all the same amenities and you really feel more connected to the ship if that makes any sense. She sails from the San Pedro terminal in L.A. and when we took her in January we had a fabulous time! The seas were a bit choppy and a few nights coming back they were classified as "Rough" but nothing where everyone was sick or anything like that. I do get seasick and I did feel the motion (especially in places like the theatre) but you get over it and you take Bonie (which did make me feel out of it so I tried not rely on it more than a few times).

The Islands themselves are a sight to behold. We did all of our own trips and rented cars in each port except Maui as we had a different itinerary as they do now and we left Maui at 3pm which was not enough time I can tell you! We will do more this second trip that we wanted to the first but did not have the time.

All in all a spectacular cruise and fantastic food, service and ship!

Thanks Raydon I will stop by--last time I had to start the Hawaii Roll Call and had to keep my Hawaii thread going for a long time just to find a few people who were going on the cruise!

Cheers all!

Yasmine :)

We two are booked for Hawaii on the Island April 21, 2006. I enjoy all of the comments, good & bad about the ship, but I don't want to think about the trip until September, otherwise I'll just wish the spring & summer away. And it's been a long winter here in Michigan.

We'll be on the Island Princess 10/23/05. It will be our 2nd Hawaii cruise too.

Last October we went on the Serenade of the Seas. We flew over, cruised the islands and then had 5 wonderful days cruising back to Ensenada. I guess we were lucky.........wore shorts every day and didn't have rough water. The only complaint I have is disembarking in Ensenada and then having to take a bus to the airport. We loved the Serenade and especially love the Concierge lounge. As Diamond members this was the 1st time we had that kind of "perk".

We're really looking forward to our Island Princess cruise too. This type of cruise seems to be especially popular and the good cabins do go fast. You can check back and see if any other cabins open up as some are held on "courtesy hold". Also check back when final payment is due........sometimes different cabins are available then too.

yseone, thanks for the reply. Does the ship have personal choice dining like the Caribbean Princess? Also how many people? I did the Bonine on our caribbean cruise and ginger, took a bonine in the am and one in the pm, never got sea sick. The Bonine didn't really bother me either, also took ginger if the motion seemed to be more than usual. Just wondered if all ships you can feel the motion on? It was more first cruise. Would really like to see the Islands of Hawaii, being from the East Coast never wanted to do the long plane ride but a plane ride to Calif. and then a cruise sounds great.!

Does anyone know if you can use your laptop in your cabin on the Island Princess? Thank you!

Sure, you just can't access the internet. ;)

No really, the internet access is only available in the Atrium area.

Too busy bustin my butt to pay for the darn thing!:rolleyes: That's how I do it!:D

Really I do enjoy the anticipation, I had Princess send me the Hawaii catalog and stare for hours at the pictues and shore excursions, plan........oh yeah, and shop for goodies to take with me, clothes, cabin stuff etc. Skulk around the boards for tips and secrets from past cruisers on the same ship, check the webs for any price reductions........Ha Ha!

Bon Voyage!

Sure! Looks like you sail EXACTLY 3 months after we do. Gosh, I can't wait for ours... how in the heck to keep from going crazy while you wait? :)

D623 :D starboard side! I wish I could find actual pix of the interior:rolleyes:

What can I say? Great minds think alike!:)

Sounds like you are doing the same thing as me!!!

Which cabin are you in? We have D716 booked.

My wife and I are also booked on the 4/21/06 cruise to Hawaii. I am really surprised at the number of bookings so far for this cruise. We are going with a couple from Canada that we met on the last non-smoking cruise of the Paradise thru the Panama Canal last September.

Only about 355 days till sailing.

David

Archived