What exactly is included and not included in freedom of the seas ticket??

Good Morning,

I am not new to cruising but each cruise line is different. Can someone please tell me what IS and what is NOT included free in the cost of the cruise on Freedom of the Seas? I know drinks and sodas are NOT free, specialty restaurants are NOT free, but what about other stuff on the ship. i.e. pastries, coffees, ice cream, etc.

From what I'm reading it seems not much is actually included other than the buffet and main dining room food...I like to plan ahead for the extra $$$. Also, what about all the activities on board the ship? Are they all included or is there extra charge??

Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Good Morning,

I am not new to cruising but each cruise line is different. Can someone please tell me what IS and what is NOT included free in the cost of the cruise on Freedom of the Seas? I know drinks and sodas are NOT free, specialty restaurants are NOT free, but what about other stuff on the ship. i.e. pastries, coffees, ice cream, etc.

From what I'm reading it seems not much is actually included other than the buffet and main dining room food...I like to plan ahead for the extra $$$. Also, what about all the activities on board the ship? Are they all included or is there extra charge??

Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

This is not true. RCI has the same free items as other mainstream cruiselines.

There is included ice cream from a dispenser on the pool deck near the entrance to the buffet (there is also Ben and Jerry's premium ice cream, which has a fee)

Specialty coffees have a fee, but you can get regular coffee, tea, iced tea, etc for free.

The pastries and sandwiches in the Cafe Promenade is included.

Sorrento's pizza is included.

All entertainment in included.

No fee for ice skating, flow rider, rock climbing, etc. (there are lessons for the flow rider which has a fee).

It is totally possible to take an RCI cruise, and not spend any additional money. Our family of 4 has a total bill at the end of the cruise for under $100 (excluding tips and excursions). We don't drink a lot, or gamble. We are satisfied with all the included food, snacks, beverage, etc.

I believe the ice cream from the dispenser is frozen yogurt. Ice cream is available as dessert for lunch and dinner in the MDR. If you have to eat Ben & Jerry's, there's a fee. "Free" drinks also include lemonade and flavored water.

There are some extra fee activities like special classes in the fitness center, spa treatments, video games, and internet. However, there is no charge for the fitness equipment.

Basically, if they ask for your seapass card, you are going to get charged $$$$.

We are going back on the Freedom in October. Been on her before the renovations back in 2007, I think. Anyways all this to tell ya that I wrote into these boards to help me remember if one can use the sauna/steam rooms for free on this ship, couldn't remember and the answer I got was yes!! That's a good one for me at least because I like to wake up earlier then my hubby and run up to the spa have a cup of coffee and take a ten minute steam and a 20 minute run on the tread mill then a nice shower in the spa locker room...so so nice because they have towels there for you to use and all-purpose soap dispensers in the (larger then stateroom) showers.

Another free item on this ship is flavored water, served in the buffet.

Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos (deck 5) are free. (OK, included in the price.)

Cafe Promenda is open 24 hours. I think it has the best and strongest coffee on the ship.

Specially coffee next to Cafe Promenade is not free, nor is the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

Free champagne at the captains party night 2 (first formal night), probably in the Royal Promende deck 5.

Probably some free poolside food some sea days. I've had some great jerk chicken and BBQ ribs.

Free tea (bags -- assortment), and Nestle's dark hot chocolate packets.

I like to mix a packet of the dark hot chocolate with my Cafe Promenade strong coffee for a free mocha.

Milk is also free.

And you can sometimes find free munchies in various bars.

Cafe Promenade -- at least on the Voyager and Mariner -- have great apple and cheese Danish for breakfast. I usually get one or two here even if I eat breakfast in the buffet or MDR.

Room service is free except from midnight to something like 5am, but it is customary to tip a dollar or two.

Archived