Little French Key?

Messunderstood

Sunshine!

We leave tomorrow and I have a question. The snorkling gear at LFK....do they supply fins? Just thought you might have noticed and don't want to bring mine if I don't have too. Thanks!!

Yes, I'm pretty sure the extra price for snorkeling includes your equipment. I have my own as well but always take it and I can remember them asking me if I needed them. :)

I'm a little confused. Does anyone know if you have to buy a package at LFK or can we go and just hang out there? Or is there an entrance fee and everything is alacart?

Their website was posted a few post back. They offer a variety of packages which can include just a day pass, a day pass with lunch, a day pass with lunch and snorkeling...and so on. It also includes all of your transportation (by bus/car and also the ferry over and then back). :)

We are in port from 8-6 on Carnival Freedom. We may be meeting our family at 1 at LFK after a dive. How long would we be there before needing to leave? Wasn't sure of transport time....how often they transport etc... Just trying to decide if we would still get half a day and if it's worth it. Thanks

We are in port from 8-6 on Carnival Freedom. We may be meeting our family at 1 at LFK after a dive. How long would we be there before needing to leave? Wasn't sure of transport time....how often they transport etc... Just trying to decide if we would still get half a day and if it's worth it. Thanks

They go back and forth all day, so you would pretty much be able to leave any time you would like. ;)

I was there last week, and was really excited about finally getting to go. Unfortunately, I ended up leaving earlier than I had to. Maybe it was the seaweed that had blown in that morning and was everywhere. It wasn't their fault, and by the time I left, they had done a remarkable job of cleaning it up. It was also cloudy and windy, making the water too cool to enjoy. Again, certainly not their fault. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if the sun was shining. But the food wasn't very good, and the drinks were no cheaper than being on the ship. However, the owners were super friendly.

If you have kids who love animals and you don't mind paying cruise ship prices for drinks after already spending $88 per person, this is probably a good place for you. For me, it wasn't worth the price. I acknowledge that my opinion is jaded by the conditions on that particular day.

We didn't think the drink prices were any different than going to most places at any port ($5 for beer $7 for frozen, $2 for soda) not to mention that your are also not adding any 15% gratuity each time you order.

So sorry the weather didn't cooperate with you and it made for not the greatest day/experience there. I have now learned first hand (with my last cruise) that weather really does play a huge part in how you end up feeling about a particular place and does put a damper on things. :(

I was there last week, and was really excited about finally getting to go. Unfortunately, I ended up leaving earlier than I had to. Maybe it was the seaweed that had blown in that morning and was everywhere. It wasn't their fault, and by the time I left, they had done a remarkable job of cleaning it up. It was also cloudy and windy, making the water too cool to enjoy. Again, certainly not their fault. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if the sun was shining. But the food wasn't very good, and the drinks were no cheaper than being on the ship. However, the owners were super friendly.

If you have kids who love animals and you don't mind paying cruise ship prices for drinks after already spending $88 per person, this is probably a good place for you. For me, it wasn't worth the price. I acknowledge that my opinion is jaded by the conditions on that particular day.

We were there in early December. It rained of/on all day. We had gotten there early and had a cabana with table and chairs. It was cool but we did the water. We had a party of 8 and all enjoyed the food. My DH and I had the shrimp left off. Told them and they got it for us. We had our 2 free drinks and probably bought more.

Food and fun are subjective. I am still of the opinion that any day on vacation will find better food and fun than being at work!

Edited by DaNana

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trolling this thread and am very thankful for it! My boyfriend and i are cruising to roatan in march next year and I have my heart set on little French key. Please bare with me if these questions have been answered.

We'll be cruising with Royal Caribbean....i believe that means we'll dock in Coxen Cove? Is that correct? How far is that from LFK?

How often does the boat bring people back to the mainland?

I've been trolling this thread and am very thankful for it! My boyfriend and i are cruising to roatan in march next year and I have my heart set on little French key. Please bare with me if these questions have been answered.

We'll be cruising with Royal Caribbean....i believe that means we'll dock in Coxen Cove? Is that correct? How far is that from LFK?

How often does the boat bring people back to the mainland?

It's Coxen hole ;) and I would assumed that's where they dock (which is also where NCL docks). Carnival goes to Mahogany Bay.

It's about 20-30 minutes away since it's a little further than Mahogany Bay is.

They have had boats running back and forth all day the 2 times we have been there with no problems. You are welcome to leave when you want, but once you get there you will NEVER want to leave. :)

It's Coxen hole ;) and I would assumed that's where they dock (which is also where NCL docks). Carnival goes to Mahogany Bay.

It's about 20-30 minutes away since it's a little further than Mahogany Bay is.

They have had boats running back and forth all day the 2 times we have been there with no problems. You are welcome to leave when you want, but once you get there you will NEVER want to leave. :)

Thank you! I'm so excited, it's a year away but I'm counting down the days (396)

Also, I see people posting how many ships will be in the port that day.... How do they know?

Thank you! I'm so excited, it's a year away but I'm counting down the days (396)

Also, I see people posting how many ships will be in the port that day.... How do they know?

There's several sites out there that you can use to look it up.

http://ports.cruisett.com/

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/

With 2 other ships in port, is LFK still a good idea?

There is so much to do in Roatan, you will not be overwhelmed at any place is our experience. LFK has so much to do in one place. We have done other things but we would definitely go back to LFK again!

• 4 months later...

Just arrived home from RC cruise.

Little French key is awesome for any group.

Great for kids if watched around the cat and monkeys.

Water perfect, drinks cheap.

Cab fare was a 80 dollar attempt by the taxi **** at the gate.

I said no way and started to walk he agreed to 40 for me and my wife both ways. The driver was nice and when we arrived at LF Key he said 40 $

I said no 40 on return, there was no problem. He picked us up and I gave him 50. The ride was about 20 minutes tops each way.

Just arrived home from RC cruise.

Little French key is awesome for any group.

Great for kids if watched around the cat and monkeys.

Water perfect, drinks cheap.

Cab fare was a 80 dollar attempt by the taxi **** at the gate.

I said no way and started to walk he agreed to 40 for me and my wife both ways. The driver was nice and when we arrived at LF Key he said 40 $

I said no 40 on return, there was no problem. He picked us up and I gave him 50. The ride was about 20 minutes tops each way.

I was sure the ride to/from the cruise terminal was in the price for the day. I know we did not pay LFK that much for the ride per person. There were 8 of us also.

I was sure the ride to/from the cruise terminal was in the price for the day. I know we did not pay LFK that much for the ride per person. There were 8 of us also.

Our pick up and return was definitely included in the price when we went last August. We all loved it!!

We paid $88.00 per person and it included the taxi ride to and from - This was last February 2015.

Here's my confirmation e-mail:

Dear Harriet

We have your reservation confirmed for 2 adults at @$88 pp. for Feb 10, 2015 which includes round trip transportation. We make sure you all will be back on ship before time..

Thank you for choosing Little French Key!!

Your Package includes:

1. Entrance and a comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2. Great and delicious Fresh island Style Lunch served on the private island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated Chicken Breast, fresh homemade Yucca Chips, fresh homemade Salsa, Rice and Beans and Island Salad

3. 2 drinks of your choice

4. Use of all our facilities and all non-motorized equipment such as snorkeling equipment, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chaise lounges, etc……

5. Guided Tour of our Private Zoo with friendly and tamed Monkeys, Macaws Parrots, Toucan and Jaguar Cubs, Island Rabbit and Island Deer.

6. Round trip transportation to and from our facilities.

Our Drivers, Dave or Larry will be waiting for you at the port since before your ship arrives, please don't worry about your arrival or departure time, we will make sure you get picked up as early as possible and returned to the port on time to maximize your stay with us.... Dave or Larry will pick you up as soon as you can disembark. Due to port rules you need to walk a short distance to outside of the port´s gate to meet with our driver. Please do not be lured by others and stay the course to outside of the gate.

Dave or Larry will be wearing a polo shirt with our Logos, ¨Little French Key¨ on the back, and ¨Frenchy´s 44¨on the front, they will be holding up a sign with "Little French Key" written. Dave or Larry will be the first person to your right as you exit the gate and again please don't be lured by anyone inside the ports and or in the booths.

You can make the payment once you get to our facilities with US Cash or any major credit card (15% charge)....no deposit is required.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. Our mission is your enjoyment.

Kind Regards,

Larissa Lahijani

Little French Key

Roatan, Bay Islands

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari