Just of the Explorer

We were also on this cruise. For future Explorer cruisers try "Silent Party" in the Chamber. It's so much fun!

I second Cruisefamilys comment on the silent party great fun. I only wish the Chamber was non smoking.

We are active early 60's and love to dance, Is there a club or venue for oldies, motown for our generation?:confused: I don't mean one hour partys, I mean every night?

There is no shortage of music on the ship from big band to Latino. You won't have a issue finding music to dance to.

Their is a Jade station in the Windjammer did not pay attention to the offerings.

Good Enough, That's Where I'll Be Most Of The Cruise If Anyone Needs Me From 8/16 to 8/25...Soy Saucey!

We were also on this cruise. For future Explorer cruisers try "Silent Party" in the Chamber. It's so much fun!

Royal Caribbean posted this last night on Facebook, i'll check it out

Are beer bags like a drink package deal where you buy the cooler bag & get it refilled at a discount? Is this limited to certain brands? My DH drinks a lot of Milelr LIte but won't touch Bud so I was just wondering...

Thanks.

Yeah you get the bag and the first filling for $39.04 and then every refill is like $29.30 but pay close attention to receipt before you sign because we got charged for the first 4 refills the $39.04!!! Once you catch the error they will fix it just keep track.

We were on the same cruise as Smeck. There was Chinese and other Asian food at Jade at all mealtimes. I enjoyed it at every meal. Nice change from the usual buffet food.

Hi, what is Jade?

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Just got off the Explorer and had a great cruise. I'll be more than glad to answer any questions. A short synopsis will follow within a couple of days.

Can you tell me the location mid-day on the 2nd nite. We're presently booked on the AOS for next Feb. and due to the high fare to San Juan, I'm considering the EOS for the same period.

Can you tell me the location mid-day on the 2nd nite. We're presently booked on the AOS for next Feb. and due to the high fare to San Juan, I'm considering the EOS for the same period.

Probably off the North/ South Carolina coast.:)

can not wait to read more, we leave in less than 14 days...anything new to the ship, how was the food in the mdr? any smell?

We were on the 4/21 sailing. We did not see the beer bags that were supposed to make their debut, but we really did not have out door weather- and my guess would be they would be prominant at the pool. Other posters seem to have found them. The food was outstanding- I am a huge fan of the lamb shank and always look forward to it, and this was perfection- even better than I remembered. As for the funk- we had the funk. We noticed it while boarding on day 2 in Bermuda- but chalked it up to wharf smells. But the next day from deck 3 most of the way up to 5 there was a pronounced sulfer smell. The kids pulled their shirts up over their faces. It dissapated with in few hours and all was well outside of that. Service was great.

Have a ball. Going in and out under the bridge is VERY cool!

Yeah you get the bag and the first filling for $39.04 and then every refill is like $29.30 but pay close attention to receipt before you sign because we got charged for the first 4 refills the $39.04!!! Once you catch the error they will fix it just keep track.

What kind of beers are available?

We usually cruise on Princess and our EOS's cruise in July will be the first on RC in several years. We arrive at the port relatively early so I'm wondering what time boarding usually begins? And, do I remember correctly reading somewhere that boarding sometimes begins before your stateroom is actually ready ... and that an announcement is made when they are?

We usually cruise on Princess and our EOS's cruise in July will be the first on RC in several years. We arrive at the port relatively early so I'm wondering what time boarding usually begins? And, do I remember correctly reading somewhere that boarding sometimes begins before your stateroom is actually ready ... and that an announcement is made when they are?

Depending on how things are running with the previous cruise disembarking, you can get on between 11 & 12, with the rooms generally being ready and open at 1:30. No announcement is generally made. You'll notice that the staff will open the fire doors to the stateroom hallways when the room is ready.

Happy cruising!

Are suite passengers allowed to put their carryons in the room when we board?

No, the hallways are roped off to all passengers untill a specified time.

We have been in a GS our last 8 cruises and never got in early.

We did notice however, our luggage was there very early. Don't know if that is a suite thing or not.

Funny some friends of ours were going on the same cruise as us who booked a suite. They offered to take some luggage for us since we were traveling in a full car already. The luggage they brought up got to my stateroom hours before mine and they arrived at the port after us. I can only surmise that suite guest luggage get priority.

Funny some friends of ours were going on the same cruise as us who booked a suite. They offered to take some luggage for us since we were traveling in a full car already. The luggage they brought up got to my stateroom hours before mine and they arrived at the port after us. I can only surmise that suite guest luggage get priority.

There is no way to confirm it, all I know I have read many posts about luggage being late.

Ours has always been there waiting for us.

Archived